Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    :hugs: I know how you feel. I don't really have friends either, I generally just do things with my spouse all the time. I started a new university course in January and although I made like 5 friends we never went anywhere, they were just people to talk to during/before class. It often upsets me that I'm not more popular but I think you have a good plan here - concentrate on your boyfriend and family and try to enjoy things that way.

I've forgotten (sorry), what are you actually doing at this stage in your life? Are you working/uni?
    No worries, I hardly post on here anymore so it's easy to lose track on what I'm doing. I've been in college for the past two years studying an HND, and have only 2 weeks till I finish. Afterwards, I plan to continue working my zero hours job during the summer, and then eventually look for a full time job , which is hopefully easier this time round now that there's no recession anymore. I was considering uni, but I'm probably leaving that idea now due to various reasons.

Thanks for your reply :hugs:. I hope uni is going well for you so far :yep:

ReputationRep:
    New temp flat has a better room but the kitchen is a mess. Hope everyone is ok. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Feeling so shaky right now. Was completely fine this morning, and did a few hours of productive revision, and now I'm just wound up and anxious. Stopped studying two hours ago and need to get back to it, but I feel like I can't leave my house to go to the library - worried that I'll end up with a complete panic attack.
    Constantly feeling sick and dizzy with anxiety at the moment; cannot wait for exams to be over.

ReputationRep:
    Feel like I'm just crying all the time

ReputationRep:
    Nasty headache

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Nasty headache
    :console:

You got any paracetamol, aspirin & caffeine combination tabs? I'm not allowed aspirin but yesterday the combination really helped with my headache. :yep:

ReputationRep:

You got any paracetamol, aspirin & caffeine combination tabs? I'm not allowed aspirin but yesterday the combination really helped with my headache. :yep:
    I'm not supposed to take aspirin anymore either. :getmecoat:

--

Just remembered I have work due tomorrow that I haven't completed. ****.

Feeling slightly better today bc I watched some videos on Physics which has helped me a lot. Still not that confident about the exam but feeling a bit mire confident which is something.

Still not feeling too great psychologically though but meh its something I need to get used to.

Hope everyone is well x

ReputationRep:

Thanks. Was a long day and hot and muggy was bound to catch up with me. Erm think we have paracetamol but not that combination.

Also just feel so low summer always does this to me... Tried really hard to be normal today

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (Original post by 05autyt)
    X

Go to A&E or call an ambulance if you cannot make your own way there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To all of you struggling, congratulations on making it to the end of another week. Hopefully next week will bring better things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bullettheory)

Go to A&E or call an ambulance if you cannot make your own way there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The PSV team are dealing with this now

i have a history exam tomorrow...

i've been feeling too morbid to do any revision, i just can't focus on anything

no revision, very little knowledge of topics and answering the questions...

i'm absolutely ****ed

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when everything takes over.
    Like seriously, why won't it go away?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i have a history exam tomorrow...

i've been feeling too morbid to do any revision, i just can't focus on anything

no revision, very little knowledge of topics and answering the questions...

i'm absolutely ****ed
    Have you applied for extenuating circumstances?

(Original post by Midnightmemories)
    I hate it when everything takes over.
    Like seriously, why won't it go away?
    :hello: Are you okay? :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    First day of my summer class tomorrow. :afraid:

So damn worried about it. I need at least a B but preferably an A. The whole reason I'm doing it now in the summer is that I dropped it during Spring semester as I kept getting Fs.

ReputationRep:
    Got my appointment with the NHS tomorrow.
    Not looking forward to it tbh. It's an hour and a half and it's a group appointment. So there's gonna be loads of other people there. I'm super nervous and I just hope that they will be able to do something for me. If not I'm not gonna be impressed.
    I'm not impressed with the NHS as it is so this is their last chance. If not then I'm gonna have to sort something out outside of them because they've not helped me at all currently.
    So really hoping it will be worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have reviews of the wellbeing service? Any chances of being offered CBT from it?

ReputationRep:
    Same. I'm doing a course in nursing atm and although it's not yet specialized I think mental health nursing interests me most but like you I have a lot of scars.

I had three courses of laser treatment on my scars and it really helped but the guy who did it is from out of town and said it's too far for just one patient so I have no idea when/if he's coming back.
    I have a few scars and my employer was fine about me showing the majority of them (and I work in mental health)

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 6, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.