Summer 2017 Applications

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bodanek)
    Anybody ever done the 1st phone interview for Morgan Stanley? Thank in advance for a feedback
    Did 1st round with them last 2 cycles. But they were f2f, 2014 on campus and 2015 in cw. Pretty technical and double interviews. Last year supposed to be 90min and was over 150! FT tho

ReputationRep:
    Any point applying to Centerview? Seems like a CV black hole

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasu95)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did last cycle, and got through to Skype interview

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oschene23)
    I did last cycle, and got through to Skype interview
    Nice one! just out of curiosity are you at one of the following: oxbridge, lse, ucl, imperial or warwick? Not sure whether semi-target students would get noticed on there, let alone a non-target student

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Breakingbank)
    Nice one! just out of curiosity are you at one of the following: oxbridge, lse, ucl, imperial or warwick? Not sure whether semi-target students would get noticed on there, let alone a non-target student
    I'm at a non-target but still good university (Sussex) and will still be applying to all the most competitive places. Very slim chance but if you have a solid CV (i.e. good results, good experience) and can put up an extremely good interview there is always a chance, so I wouldn't worry and just apply!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broocklyn)
    Is CS sending off numericals right after the application?
    Verbal and then numerical, literally as soon as you send it off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Breakingbank)
    Nope, but had strong work experience so didn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dasu95)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    SA will be open in September, now only FT is open

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olly_price)
    Verbal and then numerical, literally as soon as you send it off.
    Thanks man. Btw I study at Kent, very similar to Sussex

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to get in Technology division without studying computer science/engineering?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Stacks)
    Is it possible to get in Technology division without studying computer science/engineering?
    Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Broocklyn)
    Thanks man. Btw I study at Kent, very similar to Sussex
    Oh cool, I'm from Faversham which is about a 13 minute train from Canterbury lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katuok)
    Same here, mostly basic technicals. I guess it also depends on your background (and interviewers).
    Pm'd you, could we discuss about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bodanek)
    Pm'd you, could we discuss about it?
    Sure! You're interviewing for next summer? I thought they would wait till September to start interviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe i should've asked whether i'll be heavily disadantaged? I understand that there are roles like business analysts in tech but will there be like a requirement to still have some knowledge on like programming/computer/language skills, since I have none.

ReputationRep:
    MS is flexible in terms of accepting apps from final year students for internships right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LMAX)
    MS is flexible in terms of accepting apps from final year students for internships right?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    Maybe i should've asked whether i'll be heavily disadantaged? I understand that there are roles like business analysts in tech but will there be like a requirement to still have some knowledge on like programming/computer/language skills, since I have none.
    You might want to look into getting some basic skills and understanding of the stuff you mentioned if you want to do Tech Division.. otherwise it could be like applying to IBD and not knowing what M&A does

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LMAX)
    I've seen multiple cases of it so I would imagine so.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Honestly no. All the tech folk I've spoken to have said that you'll learn as you go along, there were of course CS students there but also Economics, Languages etc the subject itself isn't as important as your ability to pick things up.

That all said, I would still use some time to get acquainted with programming - Codecademy is perfect for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.