Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR F211/F212 AS Biology Retake 2016 watch

• View Poll Results: How hard did you find F211?!
    Hard
    34.29%
    Okay
    52.50%
    Easy
    13.21%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lion2121)
    Attachment 545831

The whole duration of the secondary response is longer though.

Primary response is 28 days
    Secondary response in +28 days
    You're probably right then, tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys has anyone got the unofficial mark scheme for yesterday's F212 2016 retake

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CurleysWife)
    For the question on the dichotomous key question, I wrote 'Does it have fertilised eggs that develop into blastula?'. Would that be correct?

This paper was awful.

Also on the last questions where you had to say why the statements were incorrect... I agreed with the statements LMAO?
    That paper was a joke! It was so bad worse than last years! I'm actually scared I did rubbish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redman789)
    Repeats ? I think wrote that .... hopefully i did ! Maybe a larger range perhaps i dunno
    Yeah I wrote to do repeats and use larger range I hope that's right in the mark scheme 😞

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiasne)
    what was that! i'm going to fail
    That paper was horrible I'm gonna do so bad 😭 What on earth was OCR playing at

ReputationRep:
    I think I would have done better if I didn't turn up

I'm resitting a B to get more UMS for an A overall at A2 so luckily it's not the end of the world. I just need 13 extra UMS across F214 and F215 now to get my A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ao_no_exorcist21)
    If you get like an A at AS overall and get A*s in A2 exams would you end up with an A* overall?
    A* is 90% UMS across A2 units and 80% UMS overall (all AS and all A2 units)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I wasn't a massive fan of this paper either. For the 2 levels of biodiversity question I put species evenness and richness as you have to take them into account when calculating the diversity index? Kinda doubting myself now though 😕

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by egilford)
    Yeah I wasn't a massive fan of this paper either. For the 2 levels of biodiversity question I put species evenness and richness as you have to take them into account when calculating the diversity index? Kinda doubting myself now though 😕
    It's any 2 of species biodiversity, habitat biodiversity or genetic biodiversity. Richness and evenness are criteria that you use in helping you to assess biodiversity, not necessarily the levels at which biodiversity can be considered. When they say levels, they mean which aspects of an ecosystem can you measure the biodiversity of.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by egilford)
    I wrote genetic diversity and habitat diversity

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please post an unofficial mark scheme please ? I'd really appreciate that haha xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm so thick ! I put down genetic and habitat diversity explained genetic right and then started ranting about the no of different species and evenness of all these species individuals in the habitat one when i was thinking in the back of my mind surely it must have something to do with the range of different habitat fml😩☹️😐

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anymorefor123)
    I'm so thick ! I put down genetic and habitat diversity explained genetic right and then started ranting about the no of different species and evenness of all these species individuals in the habitat one when i was thinking in the back of my mind surely it must have something to do with the range of different habitat fml😩☹️😐

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You didn't have to explain, just state. I think with questions like that, they mark the first answer on each line so as long as you put genetic biodiversity after the number 1 and habitat biodiversity after the number 2, I think you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know where an unofficial mark scheme could be???

ReputationRep:
    What did you guys write for 2 T-lymphocytes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Em_vdw)
    does anyone know where an unofficial mark scheme could be???
    We should all make one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabahk)
    What did you guys write for 2 T-lymphocytes?
    T helper, which differentiates into B cells to make plasma and memory cells
    And T killer which locates the infected cell and releases hydrogen peroxide to kill the infected cell and pathogen

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AfroBella)
    T helper, which differentiates into B cells to make plasma and memory cells
    And T killer which locates the infected cell and releases hydrogen peroxide to kill the infected cell and pathogen

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought T helpers release interleukins to stimulate B cells to divide?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GetOverHere)
    I thought T helpers release interleukins to stimulate B cells to divide?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Damn. Forgot to mention interleukins you're right

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wrote they release cytokines

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.