The NBA 2016-17 Thread - Season begins tonight!

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    LMFAO no way ... :rofl: I'm dead :lol:
    Here you go :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    LMFAO no way ... :rofl: I'm dead :lol:

Edit: The regret is real:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    x
    LOL Klay's face !!! :rofl: And Draymond like " I f***ed up big time " :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Also figured since things are slowing down now FA has pretty much calmed, might be worth starting up a little series where I get everyone listing out their favourite aspects of the game.

So for example, I'll say, post up a video of your favourite dunk, or the worst performance you've seen etc etc and switch it up every now and then. Should hopefully get some good NBA memories flowing (And have an abundance of videos posted ) which beats discussing definitions.

Thoughts or nah?

Edit: Also, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzu...lEhjmTuuw/live this is a livestream of the USA vs Nigeria game which is starting soonish. You can also find a stream on the USA Mens Basketball FB page.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    LOL Klay's face !!! :rofl: And Draymond like " I f***ed up big time " :lol:

Edit: The regret is real:

(Original post by Malevolent)
    Here you go :lol:
    These are so jokes :rofl: Damn Klay and Steph got some ugly ass jumpers. I like Dray more after the finals but wth is wrong with this guy :rofl: You know he's a freak off the camera

Sounds like a good idea Dys I like it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple)
    These are so jokes :rofl: Damn Klay and Steph got some ugly ass jumpers. I like Dray more after the finals but wth is wrong with this guy :rofl: You know he's a freak off the camera
    Both of their jumpers are pretty unconventional in that the release of the ball for Steph often occurs whilst he's still bringing the ball up. It's why he gets shots which such an arc. Klay on the other hand doesn't dip the ball down to set up for the 3, he often catches and immediately starts to bring it up.

And to be fair, Dray did admit just pressing the wrong button, which is entirely possible for anyone. Off the court he's a pretty nice guy.

ReputationRep:
    Both of their jumpers are pretty unconventional in that the release of the ball for Steph often occurs whilst he's still bringing the ball up. It's why he gets shots which such an arc. Klay on the other hand doesn't dip the ball down to set up for the 3, he often catches and immediately starts to bring it up.

And to be fair, Dray did admit just pressing the wrong button, which is entirely possible for anyone. Off the court he's a pretty nice guy.
    he went with the hacked first before admitting he sent it haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    he went with the hacked first before admitting he sent it haha
    As is the standard response these days for anything like this Least he switched tact pretty sharpish as opposed to continuing to claim it!

ReputationRep:
    As is the standard response these days for anything like this Least he switched tact pretty sharpish as opposed to continuing to claim it!
    that's why kids you don't send nudes by snapchat, never know when you'll send to the wrong person or worse broadcast it hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Klay on the other hand doesn't dip the ball down to set up for the 3, he often catches and immediately starts to bring it up.
    I thought it was just me who noticed that lol. He must have crazy upper body strength to do that. Part of why his release is so quick. Other than that though, Klay's form is 'textbook'.

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts or nah?

Edit: Also, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzu...lEhjmTuuw/live this is a livestream of the USA vs Nigeria game which is starting soonish. You can also find a stream on the USA Mens Basketball FB page.
    Yeah I don't mind, sounds like a good idea.

Thank you for the link

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha one of the comments on the stream 'Damn, Nigeria on dat KD diet' :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Also figured since things are slowing down now FA has pretty much calmed, might be worth starting up a little series where I get everyone listing out their favourite aspects of the game.

So for example, I'll say, post up a video of your favourite dunk, or the worst performance you've seen etc etc and switch it up every now and then. Should hopefully get some good NBA memories flowing (And have an abundance of videos posted ) which beats discussing definitions.

Thoughts or nah?
    Sounds good.

Elite dunk

ReputationRep:
    Alright, we'll kick off with the one posted above then, a nice easy one to start with. Let's go with pictures/videos/stories/whatever regarding your favourite NBA dunks of all time.

They can be in a season/playoff game, or from the Dunk Contest/All Star Weekend, doesn't really matter

As for the one above, Vince Carter is definitely gonna feature loads

Here's a compilation by the way of the best 116 dunks from the season just gone. Great video imo, no crappy music on top or weird effects, just game and commentary with different replay angles.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    x
    That dunk reminds me of another from the Miami era that was captured in probably one of the most dynamic NBA photos ever for me:

ReputationRep:
    Lol D. Wade like "yeah it was a no-look alley, what up biatches"

ReputationRep:
    You already know what I'm starting with

ReputationRep:
    I see you watching Westbrook

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Wake up and smell the...
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.