ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    I was joking
    I know lol. Haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Not me.
    They seen 3 exams I failed this year and thought, well might aswell leave it.
    Yeah they don't want to kill their averages do they...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 16Characters....)
    Unless I've missed an email somewhere, I've not been asked for it.
    Comes by post - you'll probably get it in a bit.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't be bothered to fill the UMS boxes by hand so I sent my results sheet to admissions office as apparently it was also acceptable!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Comes by post - you'll probably get it in a bit.
    Ah, that explains it. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Has everyone got their Raven?

ReputationRep:
    Any other Law students got an essay to do? Have to do 1500 words analysing a decision by the House Of Lords by October. I would usually be daunted but I actually find this type of task really interesting and fun to do. It probably won't be as fun when we have to do it every week though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    yeah they don't want to kill their averages do they...
    roasted again.
    What is lyf 🌝🔫

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    I couldn't be bothered to fill the UMS boxes by hand so I sent my results sheet to admissions office as apparently it was also acceptable!
    I remember my daughter rang me during the freshers week and ask me to email her a scanned copy of her A-Level certificate with UMS of all the subjects/modules.
    Can't remember if it was because she hadn't done the form before she went there or something additional she had do to confirm the content of the form she'd done was accurate........

ReputationRep:
    Now that we've got our raven's - you can sign up to Agora. Looks pretty useful.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any advice on the natural sciences modules?

I'm going to take maths, physics and chemistry, but my other module will either be materials science or computer science?

Is computer science very hard if you have no previous experience?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RThornton)

I'm going to take maths, physics and chemistry, but my other module will either be materials science or computer science?

Thanks
    I'm about to start NST too My modules will be Maths, Physics, Computer Science and Materials Science.

I've done a bit of digging around and as far as I'm aware both Computer Science and Materials science assume no prior knowledge of the subject, so you should be fine. If you'd like to get a better idea of what CompSci will be like, you should take a look at the introductory page here: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/freshers/

Anyone doing the CompSci module will be required to take the online pre-course linked from that page (http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/teaching/1617/PrepCS/), so if you've signed up for your Raven ID you can give it a look. As a NST fresher you may have to send an email to get enrolled on the course... I'm still waiting for my reply...

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RThornton)

Thanks
    Lots of people find computer science absolutely horrendous, to the point where the former CompSci DoS at my college actively discouraged NatScis from taking it. I know at least one NatSci that really liked it though.

So when are we supposed to go to Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricPiphany)
    Welcome pack will tell you when. It's usually during the weekend just before freshers week starts for home students.

ReputationRep:
    I'm going back on the 1st of October, your college's moving day will be pretty close to that.

(Original post by vincrows)
    Welcome pack will tell you when. It's usually during the weekend just before freshers week starts for home students.
    Do we know when freshers week starts yet?

ReputationRep:
    Do we know when freshers week starts yet?
    1st

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by alow)
    I'm going back on the 1st of October, your college's moving day will be pretty close to that.
    OK thanks.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.