Turn on thread page Beta

AQA English Language B - ENB5 - The Big Pre-release Thread! watch

• View Poll Results: Which pack of pre-release are you focusing on?
    The Pendle Witches
    27.43%
    Dyslexia
    41.59%
    Both
    30.97%

ReputationRep:
    I dont think the examiners can be bothered to look through every page and read every comment/ annotation you made, theyve got enough exam papers to mark without that, they may skim it but thats probs it tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meercatman)
    On the plus though, it's only 15%... I guess that's a plus???
    I suppose so... except ENB6 is probably about the same right? So that's already 30% crap lol
    Add that to everything else and it's not looking so good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pistol)
    haha yeah pretty good guess by you lot!
    how much did you write?
    I ended up with 2 pages planning, 6 pages of scripting and a 1.5 of commentary - rushed second half with bullets :rolleyes:
    i wrote the pretty much the same amount! stupidly wrote my planning all over my question sheet (didnt realise that we could write it on the answer booklet!), did about 6 and a half pages for the script and then about a page for the commentary!

how did u find it? straightforward? wasnt a bad question, except i had to keep remembering that it's an appeal so its needs to be persuasive, AS WELL as informative!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DRUBERT)
    erm the commentry is meant to be 150-200 words? :s
    lol i know i got 110 words then the rest was bullet points :>.<:
    should be okay though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophie_writes_love)
    I suppose so... except ENB6 is probably about the same right? So that's already 30% crap lol
    Add that to everything else and it's not looking so good.
    ENB6 is 20% and coursework is 15% methinks, so it could be alot worse :p:

I'm sure we'll be fine (or at least I hope so!)

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got the results for their A2 coursework? I know my mark as my teacher told me but I've just gathered up all my certificate thingys and can't find my coursework grade.

ReputationRep:
    I know my raw marks as my teacher marked it, but I'm don't know how it converts to UMS...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairylight)
    i wrote the pretty much the same amount! stupidly wrote my planning all over my question sheet (didnt realise that we could write it on the answer booklet!), did about 6 and a half pages for the script and then about a page for the commentary!

how did u find it? straightforward? wasnt a bad question, except i had to keep remembering that it's an appeal so its needs to be persuasive, AS WELL as informative!
    phew i'm glad!
    yeah i highlighted & noted a few things on the Q sheet, but had the two pages of planning in the answer booklet. it's the only exam i've done that in tbh.
    my commentary suffered though - it was sooo rushed haha

i found it pretty straightforward after the planning and imagining how it would be presented. I took a celebrity from Text O and used him as the host for it.
    Only thing i struggled with was, same as you, being persuasive and informative. I might lose marks there but I tried to apply sympathetic language etc and mentioned where you could go for extra info e.g. donate!
    how about you (or anyone else)?

ReputationRep:
    Eeep. i didnt finish my magazine article. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    Well my A2 investigation was awful, I couldn't have put less effort into it if I tried.
    I kind of just got the sense that my teacher had given up on me (we have a rather tempestuous relationship).
    It'll be quite funny when he sees how bad I've done, gutted sir.
    I hate how we have to call them Sir, I'm almost 20, just let me call you Dave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pistol)
    phew i'm glad!
    yeah i highlighted & noted a few things on the Q sheet, but had the two pages of planning in the answer booklet. it's the only exam i've done that in tbh.
    my commentary suffered though - it was sooo rushed haha

i found it pretty straightforward after the planning and imagining how it would be presented. I took a celebrity from Text O and used him as the host for it.
    Only thing i struggled with was, same as you, being persuasive and informative. I might lose marks there but I tried to apply sympathetic language etc and mentioned where you could go for extra info e.g. donate!
    how about you (or anyone else)?
    yeah, me too, people in my school used richard branson, tom cruise or other celebrities from the texts to present the script hopefullyyy, we've done okay though, fingers crossed! still seems like we're the only few question 3'ers! i did lovee the question though

ReputationRep:
    well... in q2. my activities included creating your own spells and checking your friends for birthmarks! I completely got the wrong end of the stick... i cnt fail for that can i??
    Percentage wise, this exam isnt more than enb6 is it surely?! Does anyone know the percentages for enb4/5/6?

ReputationRep:
    I suggested writing your own spells!
    And to write a 'day in the life' type thing for a witch.
    And something else I can't remember but I was dead pleased with.
    That was the only good part of that exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosiedopez)
    well... in q2. my activities included creating your own spells and checking your friends for birthmarks! I completely got the wrong end of the stick... i cnt fail for that can i??
    Percentage wise, this exam isnt more than enb6 is it surely?! Does anyone know the percentages for enb4/5/6?
    I told them to draw a picture of a stereotypical witch...then of one of the Pendle witches... then discuss whether the evidence would stand in a modern court of law :eek:

yeah me and kids = baaaaaaad

either patronising drawings... or... legal stuff :cool: :teeth: I failed... at least I cant get lower than a D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosiedopez)
    You won't fail, it was only a bit of it anyway. You'll just likely lose a couple of marks there. How did you do the main part of the text?

ReputationRep:
    I did question 4 on dyslexia. I thought that it was much much much better than the January exam where I did Hajj. Hoping that I did it right this time.

And we didn't have to hand our packs in.

ReputationRep:
    Why cant u get lower than a D? Right, i split it into four sections... in the beginning (about demdyke and chattox) what they did (picture of clay, allizon paralysing the pedlar and spells) how the villagers prevented them... and about the events of Malkin tower... and them stupid activiteis in the middle lol. I really dont think ive done to well. so was the pack meant to be aimed at kids?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jkatherine)
    Well I've completely ****ed up.

did they collect anyone elses backs in at the end??? We had to give them in in a brown envelope...and i've got soo much written on it..like how to write the commentary and stuff will i get int trouble?
    you won't get in trouble, besides their not gonna no which pack belongs to who UNLESS you wrote your ame on it? But i doubt you did that

ReputationRep:
    i did question one. in hindsight i can't get over how seemingly easy question 4 was, i wish i'd done it.
    mine started really awesome.
    i gave good background of the time, and the laws against witch craft but i think i may have complicated the actual part of the events because i mainly used one resource and didn't go into great detail.

the thing thats got me worried is that in my commentary i didn't get to write some concluding comments, i wanted to write about how the text i've written could be improved, but in the end i just had time to put "my text is not perfect" and didn't get to exaplain. i think my hopes of a B are gone, i got an A in unit 4 but frankly i'll be happy for a d in that and considering i need 213 ums points to get a B this year i'll just have to hope for a C at least. i think the saving grace of the question i did is that it was probably the hardest or least selected one from what i heard from people after the exam and read on here. so the examiners might take exception to it since i'd imagine they are going to get very bored of reading question 4 responses!!

is there a unit 6 thread on the go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rouz)
    Eeep. i didnt finish my magazine article. Lol.

yep i chose question 4 too. and so did a few peeps becoz i know a majority of peeps who said they only prepared dyslexia one. i was soooooo glad when i saw the questions three and four but i thought since i failed on that radio script in january coz of that damn tchavoisky, then i risked doin the magazine article this time

i dont think it was great, nothing new or really that different from source material but oh well

we got the packs for keeps, so guess what im gonna do one day in my free time:
    read through the oh-so-interesting pendle witches pack.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 18, 2008

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.