Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
jonathan122
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
saber, the fact that you're even able to attempt uni for a third time proves that you're far from a failure. (It's my third attempt this october as well, disciplinary boards permitting, so I realise how hard it is). You've been ill, and that's not your fault. To have even been accepted for uni in the first place proves how special you are. It's going to be really difficult for you, and I know that's not fair, but you will make it in the end.
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
thanks jonathan :hugs:

but I really don't think I can do it this time, I can hardly read more than a few lines, I've got a huge reading list and it's just not happening. If I fail this time it'll have been £21k down the drain with nothing to show at the end, just a loser.
gooner1991
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hate myself. I just want to die now. The pain of waking up every morning and dragging myself through yet another pointless day is getting too much. Nobody likes me, specially me.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
thanks jonathan :hugs:

but I really don't think I can do it this time, I can hardly read more than a few lines, I've got a huge reading list and it's just not happening. If I fail this time it'll have been £21k down the drain with nothing to show at the end, just a loser.
saber, do your uni know about your illness? If so, I'm sure they're not expecting you to read everything on the reading list by September. You're entitled to a course extension if you suffer from an illness which severely impairs the amount of time you can study, and if you haven't done so already, I think it might be worth applying for one.

Just out of curiosity, are you going straight into your final year, or are you restarting from first year?
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by gooner1991)
I hate myself. I just want to die now. The pain of waking up every morning and dragging myself through yet another pointless day is getting too much. Nobody likes me, specially me.
We all like you :hugs: I'm sorry you don't at the moment, but that can change. Take care.
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
saber, do your uni know about your illness? If so, I'm sure they're not expecting you to read everything on the reading list by September. You're entitled to a course extension if you suffer from an illness which severely impairs the amount of time you can study, and if you haven't done so already, I think it might be worth applying for one.

Just out of curiosity, are you going straight into your final year, or are you restarting from first year?
I ticked the disability box on the ucas form but other than that they don't know. Do you know how I tell them?

It's 3 different unis, restarting year 1 each time.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I ticked the disability box on the ucas form but other than that they don't know. Do you know how I tell them?

It's 3 different unis, restarting year 1 each time.
If you're restarting year 1, I'm tempted to say you don't need to worry too much about reading lists anyway, but I shall restrain myself:rolleyes:

Have you applied for a disabled students allowance from the student loans people yet? If so, you should have an assessment at sometime before September in order to sort out the financial side of things, but my strongest advice would be to contact the disability office of your university as soon as possible to ask for an interview to fully discuss things. (Which uni are you going to, by the way?) The regulations vary from uni to uni, but you are covered by law, so the basic principles should apply.
xemilyx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Saber, what uni are you going to? Each department in any uni generally has someone who is in charge of disabilities etc. Perhaps find out who that is and e.mail them or arrange a meeting to see them?

You're far from a failure, this is a big thing. Maybe this time will be different if you can get hold of the correct help and support. :hugs: pm me if you need me.
xemilyx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Gooner, sweetie, why do you feel so bad? Pm me if you need to talk :hugs:
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've not applied for DSA, I feel bad doing so - filled out the form and stuff but need to talk to my key worker about getting a letter proving it etc. Do you think I could just email my uni rather than a face to face meeting? I'm not too good at meetings. Thanks guys :hugs:
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've not applied for DSA, I feel bad doing so - filled out the form and stuff but need to talk to my key worker about getting a letter proving it etc. Do you think I could just email my uni rather than a face to face meeting? I'm not too good at meetings. Thanks guys :hugs:
I think that depends on the uni, but what I will say is that any uni worth there salt will have people who can talk with you and take your feelings into account, so don't worry about a face-to-face meeting. With regards to the DSA, there's no reason to feel bad, you have every right to the same level of university experience as anyone else, and the DSA just helps to level the playing-field a bit.

Best of luck :hugs:
starchild
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Morning, hope you are all ok.

Im still low, after Esther's death im trying to refigure out my life. Its like everything is now in pieces. I just dont know who i am right now or what im meant to be doing with life. i dont know what to do. whats worse is that patrick and ewan are coming up. i mean im so happy to see ewan but im not in the mood to be bossed around by patrick. arghh. anyway, back to cleaning, at least that makes me feel slightly better. this is such a rather strange feeling and i dont know what to do :cry:

Still feeling suicidal though :cry:
Laus
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: siti.
starchild
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Laus)
:hugs: siti.
:hugs: the super dooper laura who rocks sitaras socks! :yep:
fairy spangles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ive gotta go see someone today - i dont want to go.
I have to go and explain myself but theres nothing to explain apart from next time im going to do things better.
upturnedpalms
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
*creeps in*
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi hannah, how are you?
xemilyx
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hannah! How are you?!

Spangles. You really need to go see someone honey. Especially seeing as you feel that bad. Pm me if you want to talk :hugs:
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:hugs: for siti and fairy spangles
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
silent, if you're reading this, hope the operation goes ok today. :hugs:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (61)
38.13%
No - but I will (5)
3.13%
No - I don't want to (10)
6.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (84)
52.5%

Watched Threads