Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malaz_197)
    Retinas are important. the optician told me today that I have some sort of retinal degeneration that may put me at risk of getting tears. you need to fix your George's mum's eyes!

And amsterdam is amazing, you will love it! I went there last Easter
    Oh no, I hope it's nothing too serious!? I need to go for a check-up soon. Since starting at George's my eyesight has gone from -0.75 to -2.5 in both eyes. I'm pretty sure I'm near -3 now!

Eugh, I'm about halfway through this poster. It's looking neat but I'm supposed to be presenting it tomorrow at 9! I really don't want to have to pull an all-nighter and present it in such a licked state!

I can't wait for Amsterdam! I'm going for three days. I want to visit the Grachtengordel canals - they're considered one of the seven wonders of the urban world and it's going to be another addition to my '7 wonders' photo album on Facebook!

How's placement going ma? Are you at George's now or Helliers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan)
    That sounds pretty interesting - my friend did a similar SSC called 'the Arts & Medicine', wish I'd done it too - they got to choose any piece of art to write for their essay in relation to Medicine (could be a song/painting - she did The Scream by Edvard Munch and talked about psychiatric connotations). Hows your iBSc going?

I'm sort of involved in writing up a meta-analysis, this isn't part of my iBSc but volunteering as a research assistant. Haven't written up a paper before so we'll see how this goes...
    Ah yeah, I've heard a lot of about that SSC! they do it here too, it sounds fascinating!

iBSc is going alright I guess, been very bogged down by work though.. stupidly thought it would be a chance to relax a little :rolleyes: How about yourself?

Sounds like a good idea, will be really good experience in statistics and look great on your CV! Good luck with it A friend of mine said he found a book about meta analysis that was really useful, I'll try and get the title off him next time I'm at home!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisLittlePiggy)
    Anyone got any tips for wangling good deals from mobile phone networks?

Going to upgrade soon but I'd like to get as much bang for my buck.

I've been with o2 for yonks now, and I've heard mythical stories about people getting amazing deals through blagging over the phone.
    dialaphone.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    It's all kicking off in this thread.
    Got my highest repped post ever from that thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    We had a lecture where the lecturer said "oh and there's this rare thing called Wilson's disease, but I've yet to see that in my entire career" only for me to have seen a patient with it a week earlier :smug:
    That's ****ing shocking.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalis)
    That's ****ing shocking.
    What, that he hadn't seen it, or that I had? :unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    What, that he hadn't seen it, or that I had? :unsure:
    The fact that he was like "yeah not important, cos I haven't seen it"
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalis)
    The fact that he was like "yeah not important, cos I haven't seen it"
    I don't think he actually meant it like that - I don't think I paraphrased what he said particularly well :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i'm no superman)
    Oh no, I hope it's nothing too serious!? I need to go for a check-up soon. Since starting at George's my eyesight has gone from -0.75 to -2.5 in both eyes. I'm pretty sure I'm near -3 now!

Eugh, I'm about halfway through this poster. It's looking neat but I'm supposed to be presenting it tomorrow at 9! I really don't want to have to pull an all-nighter and present it in such a licked state!

I can't wait for Amsterdam! I'm going for three days. I want to visit the Grachtengordel canals - they're considered one of the seven wonders of the urban world and it's going to be another addition to my '7 wonders' photo album on Facebook!

How's placement going ma? Are you at George's now or Helliers?
    well, optician said I just have to avoid vigorous sports for now. Do I look like I play vigorous sports?! lol

good luck with your poster! Is it a group poster? BSc seems pretty intense! will you have more time next term? we need to see you, I forgot how you look like!!

Haha, cant wait for photos now!! There is this group of volunteers that do boat trips for free. The guy we went with was called Diego. It's a much more personal/laid back way of seeing Amsterdam on boat. He gives you tips on not-so-touristy/busy/expensive places to go. EDIT: I just looked it up- they are called St. Nicolaas Boat Club.

I'm even further out than that ... at Princess Royal in Bromley

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me with access to this?

https://springerlink3.metapress.com/...ume8-xwl1-hle1

ReputationRep:
    So... who understand stats? More importantly, can anyone point me towards any resources that explain how to do a student t test in idiotproof terminology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Hannibal Lecter)
    Can anyone help me with access to this?

https://springerlink3.metapress.com/...ume8-xwl1-hle1
    PM me your email and I'll send it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    PM me your email and I'll send it.
    I couldn't get it on the VPN...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    I couldn't get it on the VPN...
    Really? I got it on VPN, and it's already downloaded on my PC.

ReputationRep:
    You have to click the Volume 22, Numbers 2-3, then Download PDF, the 3.4MB one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    So... who understand stats? More importantly, can anyone point me towards any resources that explain how to do a student t test in idiotproof terminology?
    Do you need to do it by hand? I can talk you through it.

ReputationRep:
    Do you need to do it by hand? I can talk you through it.
    I don't know. I have Excel and SigmaPlot but have no idea how to work either of them in this capacity. Also I haven't yet put my data into any coherent form, so I'm a little way from actually doing the stats...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    I don't know. I have Excel and SigmaPlot but have no idea how to work either of them in this capacity. Also I haven't yet put my data into any coherent form, so I'm a little way from actually doing the stats...
    Ok, that's alright. It's fairly straight forward to do it by hand, especially if it's a paired student's t-test. Unpaired is a little bit more complicated, but not much so.

Do you need to show the working, or do you literally just need a p-value? If so, i'll happily crunch it out for you.

ReputationRep:
    Have definitely had a UTI all weekend....attempting to man through the weekend has resulted in my left kidney hurting. Is it really unprofessional if I force a cup of wee onto an F1 tomorrow for them to confirm and pescribe? There's one I've been having 'banter' with....this will definitely put me in the friend zone...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alanine)
    Have definitely had a UTI all weekend....attempting to man through the weekend has resulted in my left kidney hurting. Is it really unprofessional if I force a cup of wee onto an F1 tomorrow for them to confirm and pescribe? There's one I've been having 'banter' with....this will definitely put me in the friend zone...
    Can you not get to a walk-in centre this evening? Hope you're feeling better soon!

Ok, that's alright. It's fairly straight forward to do it by hand, especially if it's a paired student's t-test. Unpaired is a little bit more complicated, but not much so.

Do you need to show the working, or do you literally just need a p-value? If so, i'll happily crunch it out for you.
    I think I just need the p-values. Paired means I'm comparing two outcomes, oui? Ta for the offer, may take you up on it when I get to that stage

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.