Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devmin99)
    OMG I got an A* in Maths :O :O :O And I'm only in Year 8
    well done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HennersPD)
    Got my GCSE Results today so happy -
    4 A*s - English Language (AQA), German, Spanish and Geography (AQA) (full UMS in both German and Spanish S&L on edexcel)
    6 As - English Literature, Methods in Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Biology and RE (all AQA)
    1 B - Applications in Maths (AQA)

Really ecstatic, just wondering...i got 172 UMS in English Lit and it's 180 for an A*, would you recommend i get it re-marked or not worth it??

REALLY HAPPY!! ;DD WELL DONE TO EVERYONE ELSE!!

Oh I got 171 UMS for English Literature, though I was with WJEC. Really want the A* but my teacher didn't think it would make a difference. Speak to you teacher about it. I might just go for it since its 9 behind and English is pretty subjection to different markers, just hope it doesn't suddenly go down after remarking though.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by theJdog)
    Ah, thank you You actually have made me smile and feel better Thanks In some of my exams, I am 2/3 UMS away from achieving the next grade, do you think I should re-sit/re-mark the papers? And what do you do now?
    You don't really need to resit, but if you'd like better grades, then why not? Personally, I wouldn't do it for subjects you don't like (that's putting yourself through unnecessary torture. I hated English at school and would hate to have resat it! ), but if you want to boost your Biology grade like you mentioned, why not? It'd just mean you'd have to work a bit harder in your AS year.
    Whether it'd be worth a remark or not, you're best talking to your teachers about!

I'm going into my 2nd year of medicine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanb97)
    in terms of UMS - 106 ....108 was an A*
    dang. I also missed A*s in science by 2 marks and RE by like 1 mark.

ReputationRep:
    R.E. : A*
    Business: A*
    Drama: A
    P.E. : A
    Biology: A
    Physics: A
    Chemistry: A
    Maths: A
    I.T. : Distinction/A
    English Language: A
    English Literature: A
    French: C ()

Additional Maths (FSMQ) = U ()

Really pleased with my results. I was hoping for A*s in both my other options (P.E. & Drama) but my Drama teacher was informing me about what Edexcel did regarding all the Drama results. I weren't really listening though so I'm not really sure exactly what they did haha, think they lowered the results across the whole country which resulted in quite a few people in my class (including me) not getting the A*.

I was a bit complacent about the P.E. theory paper, got to admit. I got a high A* in practical (which is 60%) so I only had to get a B to get the A* overall. Got a low B in the paper but it took me down to an A. (Just checked, was only 1 UMS short!)

And French can just piss off.

ReputationRep:
    if my school gets our cca remarked, how long will it be til i get the results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nkamy)
    What gcses does ucas see? I heard its the top 10 grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I thought that you have to submit all GCSEs into your UCAS form but some universities only care about the Top 10.

ReputationRep:
    also, did anyone here do edexcel business??

ReputationRep:
    I got 10 A*'s and 3 A's. How good of a chance do I currently stand at doing medicine in Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    Very likely I think you should go for it unless you know your controlled assessment can pull it up!! Even if you lose a few marks when remark I'm sure you won't lose enough mark to go to a B grade

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got an A* in geography woop woop

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    would i be able to get in to medicine with 3As,6Bs and a C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shloke123)
    I got 10 A*'s and 3 A's. How good of a chance do I currently stand at doing medicine in Cambridge?
    If you continue to excel like this in A levels and participate in extracurricular i would say a very good chance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalek1099)
    I thought that you have to submit all GCSEs into your UCAS form but some universities only care about the Top 10.
    What did you get, Dalek?

ReputationRep:
    I got 2As, 1B, 2Cs and an E in English Lit I honestly don't know why, it doesn't seem fair, could I go for a remark or is it a waste of time? My twin brother got a C and I never got the impression he was better at it than me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THEMathlete)
    Same here! Well done!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yay! :cool: And me! Somehow I managed full UMS in all the unit 3s, but was on the A* borderline for past units...
    Maybe AQA were more lenient with the marking this time?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    You don't really need to resit, but if you'd like better grades, then why not? Personally, I wouldn't do it for subjects you don't like (that's putting yourself through unnecessary torture. I hated English at school and would hate to have resat it! ), but if you want to boost your Biology grade like you mentioned, why not? It'd just mean you'd have to work a bit harder in your AS year.
    Whether it'd be worth a remark or not, you're best talking to your teachers about!

I'm going into my 2nd year of medicine.
    Yeah, I might just improve Biology and Maths (if I do well in these exams, then I can try and get A*or A, as I am below target in those), for Bio (individual units) I had BAAC and for Maths I had BAB so I can improve the C and B in Bio and the two B's in Maths. I'll just forget English Lang even though I am a grade under my predicted grades. I'm surprised I even managed to get an A in English Lit and a B in Lang - I thought I did bad in those. And maybe I'll resit the Chemistry exam I got a C in, as that one let me down (I would have got an A* if I got a B in the exam, as my grades were A*AA* and the C lowered it). Likewise with Physics (though I actually managed to get AA*AA in everything, and would have gotten an A* overall in Physics but my C/A let me down. Though my teacher told me I got 60 out of 64, which is at least 90 UMS, and I got 83 UMS in it so I think it is wrong. Do you know why that could be? He didn't send mine off to the exam board. And my Biology is the same. I got 90 UMS by my teacher, when in fact on the sheet it says I got 83. Surprisingly, my chemistry one got sent off, and that's the one I got 93 UMS in (I forgot, but I think 62 out of 64?), the highest out of the lot.

So overall, I'll be retaking 5 GCSE exams. That's not too bad, but I'm not sure how many AS exams I have next year. I'm doing Bio, Chem, Psycho and Maths. Maybe 4 exams? Sorry I keep rambling on. And wow! What uni are you going to may I ask?

ReputationRep:
    is medicine the hardest thing to apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THEMathlete)
    Same here! Well done!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did too! And biology and physics as well!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanb97)
    Nice.... i got As in both englishs ..... gna get a remark for language though

6UMS off
    ]how many marks?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.