:biggrin:

6UMS off :biggrin:

]how many marks?
Original post by ryanb97
Nice.... i got As in both englishs ..... gna get a remark for language though
:biggrin:

6UMS off :biggrin:

is it worth a remark?
3UMS off an A* in Language - is it worth getting a remark? Do they ever go up that much? :tongue:
9 A*s, 2 As... I'm quite relieved.
Reply 7585
Im so happy with my results, it might not seem much to you, but i worked so hard for these, i finally got my B in english language and additional science, a question i got a D in science core, will that affect my chance of getting into college with biology,chemistry,psychology and maths? even though they just ask for Additional science..? help please
Original post by Millerman
is medicine the hardest thing to apply for?

Well, I don't think it is the HARDEST thing if you like it, or find it easy. It certainly is the most competitive, mainly because it is a highly respected course, so, lots of people do it. I want to do it as I find it very interesting. Though I guess it is quite a hard subject and you need to work very hard to get good grades for it - exceptionally hard.
Hmm right.. got 269 UMS in AQA eng lang. I believe its 270 for an A*..worth a remark? ..also 3 raw marks is a tonne in maths but im 3 off an A* and I worked so hard and im sure I got closer to 175 than the 162 I was awarded..worth a shot in the dark at it? I want to go into medicine! Did anyone else find that Edexcel were awful markers this year? Drama was a horrid suprise for all of our year and so was stats coursework :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
is 5 a* 3as and 2 bs enough for medicine (a*s in bio, chem, physics, maths and business studies)
Original post by theJdog
Yeah, I might just improve Biology and Maths (if I do well in these exams, then I can try and get A*or A, as I am below target in those), for Bio (individual units) I had BAAC and for Maths I had BAB so I can improve the C and B in Bio and the two B's in Maths. I'll just forget English Lang even though I am a grade under my predicted grades. I'm surprised I even managed to get an A in English Lit and a B in Lang - I thought I did bad in those. And maybe I'll resit the Chemistry exam I got a C in, as that one let me down (I would have got an A* if I got a B in the exam, as my grades were A*AA* and the C lowered it). Likewise with Physics (though I actually managed to get AA*AA in everything, and would have gotten an A* overall in Physics but my C/A let me down. Though my teacher told me I got 60 out of 64, which is at least 90 UMS, and I got 83 UMS in it so I think it is wrong. Do you know why that could be? He didn't send mine off to the exam board. And my Biology is the same. I got 90 UMS by my teacher, when in fact on the sheet it says I got 83. Surprisingly, my chemistry one got sent off, and that's the one I got 93 UMS in (I forgot, but I think 62 out of 64?), the highest out of the lot.

Ooft, that certainly is rambly! :tongue:

Like I said, I think you'd be best talking to your teachers about all of this stuff! It's a very personal decision and there's no one-size-fits-all rule that'd work. For example, looking at that I was thinking it'd definitely be worth resitting the C in biology and the two Bs in maths, but thought physics and chemistry wouldn't be quite as worth it. However, you might think getting those extra A*s would benefit you and might want to apply somewhere where they would! It's all very idiosyncratic, so I think it's something you'll have to have a good think about and I'm sure you'll make the right decision for you. :smile:

So overall, I'll be retaking 5 GCSE exams. That's not too bad, but I'm not sure how many AS exams I have next year. I'm doing Bio, Chem, Psycho and Maths. Maybe 4 exams? Sorry I keep rambling on. And wow! What uni are you going to may I ask?

I'm not really sure how many AS exams that'd be (I can swear there's C1 and C2 for maths in the AS year? I never did AS levels, though. So not completely sure how it works. :tongue:), but like I said, I totally think you could do it! Good luck!!

I'm at Edinburgh, I don't mind you asking at all. :smile:

is medicine the hardest thing to apply for?

Depends what you mean by hardest. It's certainly one of the most competitive, but certainly doesn't have anywhere near the hardest academic entry requirements.

Original post by dapter444
is 5 a* 3as and 2 bs enough for medicine (a*s in bio, chem, physics, maths and business studies)

Yeah, bud! That's definitely good enough. You can apply to loads of medical schools with grades like those - now you've just got to focus on getting good AS results. :wink:

Original post by Robocop656
Hmm right.. got 269 UMS in AQA eng lang. I believe its 270 for an A*..worth a remark? ..also 3 raw marks is a tonne in maths but im 3 off an A* and I worked so hard and im sure I got closer to 175 than the 162 I was awarded..worth a shot in the dark at it? I want to go into medicine! Did anyone else find that Edexcel were awful markers this year? Drama was a horrid suprise for all of our year and so was stats coursework :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

1 UMS off in Eng Lang might definitely be worth a remark, especially due to how subjective the marking can be. Go for it, if you want. :smile:

You don't need A*s in English or Maths to get into medicine, bud. People have certainly gotten in with much worse grades!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Ooft, that certainly is rambly! :tongue:

Like I said, I think you'd be best talking to your teachers about all of this stuff! It's a very personal decision and there's no one-size-fits-all rule that'd work. For example, looking at that I was thinking it'd definitely be worth resitting the C in biology and the two Bs in maths, but thought physics and chemistry wouldn't be quite as worth it. However, you might think getting those extra A*s would benefit you and might want to apply somewhere where they would! It's all very idiosyncratic, so I think it's something you'll have to have a good think about and I'm sure you'll make the right decision for you. :smile:

I'm not really sure how many AS exams that'd be (I can swear there's C1 and C2 for maths in the AS year? I never did AS level maths, though. So not sure how it works. :tongue:), but like I said, I totally think you could do it! Good luck!!

I'm at Edinburgh, I don't mind you asking at all. :smile:

Depends what you mean by hardest. It's certainly one of the most competitive, but certainly doesn't have anywhere near the hardest academic entry requirements.

is economics hard? cos i wana go to a top uni and do economics. i got 6A*, 3A, 2B. is it good enough?
Reply 7591
Can I do medicine at cambridge with these grades in these subjects?

Bio A*
Chem A
Phys A
Maths A*
English lit A*
English lang A
Geography A
French A
Art A*
Religious Studies A
ICT A*
Sports BTEC Distinction*

Thanks for any advice. It would be nice to have several peoples opinions :smile:
is economics hard? cos i wana go to a top uni and do economics. i got 6A*, 3A, 2B. is it good enough?

Those are fantastic GCSE grades, and you'd certainly qualify to do economics at lots of good unis! Remember, though, that unis might have other requirements they want you to meet (like STEP) and you've got to do well on your A levels, too! Why don't you check out what unis you'd be interested in attending and have a look at their entry requirements? :smile:
Original post by Master722
ok thank you for answering, it seems odd to me though that i can't see my own results. i logged onto results plus and i can see my ums overall, but not seperately.

I know :lol: teachers can see raw but I believe there is a UMS converter on the Edexcel website :h:

Original post by Elm Tree
I only did double science :no:

ahhh I thought you meant triple and the Unit 3s :lol:
Original post by scottwhite
Someone please help!!

Today I recieved 6 B's and 4 C's! so happy about it... however. my GCSE points score is 44.6 - i need 45 to get into my college. do the points score round up to the nearest whole number?

got my enrollment appointment at 6pm tonight and i'm scared! please help!

Possibly :dontknow: You'll just have to wait to see what your college says, good luck! :smile:
Original post by scottwhite
Someone please help!!

Today I recieved 6 B's and 4 C's! so happy about it... however. my GCSE points score is 44.6 - i need 45 to get into my college. do the points score round up to the nearest whole number?

got my enrollment appointment at 6pm tonight and i'm scared! please help!

How r u counting ur points cuz I dont know watvtheyvr and I have a college form to fill in for tomorow however teachers at highschool told me to do it myself pointed at some mumber and I got like a couple hundered so I think ive done it wrong
Really happy w/ my results :tongue: Got 9A*s and a A
Need a bit of hep here, I was wondering if I could find out the grade boundaries for the entire subject added up together to see how much off an A* I was? (I got 203/240 in OCR Sociology) Or does it not work like that?

P.S Does anyone know what the point at the side of the results sheets mean? Like I got 58 points, 52, etc.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by JustaDreamer
Thank you! What did you get? :smile:

I'll PM you :h:

Original post by Squidgy
If I had an English literature paper remarked what is the chances of getting 1 more mark?

(I got 159 UMS and you need 160 for an A)

If nobody replied

its better as its essay based but not guaranteed :s-smilie: good luck :crossedf:
Original post by skizzle
I'll keep this all in mind. Thanks for the advice!

No problem :h:
Original post by techno836
I know :lol: teachers can see raw but I believe there is a UMS converter on the Edexcel website :h:

ahhh I thought you meant triple and the Unit 3s :lol:

My school doesn't offer triple science :s-smilie:

Latest