Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    Spending that much would be foolish and that's before you even consider wages. Just cos we have some cash in the bank and some good commercial deals coming in, don't start thinking we're city or Chelsea.
    Why would spending that be foolish? You don't pay full transfer fees upfront

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    It will.

Luckily for us, Ramsey has stepped up to the mantle and taken his place.

If anything, Rambo is lucky and had a better injury. Because it was a clean break of the tibia and fibia it will just heal accordingly. Jack's was a stress fracture that can really **** you up! If the bone doesn't graft back properly after being sanded down, you may need screws to keep it in place and you will constantly have pain in the area.

Additionally, your foot is stuck in a boot for 2 months with little to no mobility and you over compensate with other muscles and joints making them more susceptible to further injury like what Jack has now experienced.

It's sort of the Diaby thing, just on a lesser scale. That tackle from Smith really ****ed him up because it ruined his biomechanics at the age of 19 and at that age he was still growing. It was so bad, he had to learn how to walk in a completely different way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    you are quite unlucky with the nearly career ending injuries aren't you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    you are quite unlucky with the nearly career ending injuries aren't you
    We are, although all the strains and tears are entirely the medical teams fault! You can't factor in ACLs, and snapped legs, that's just down to luck.

Jack's injury could have been career ending because you always feel it, I think he still has screws in his foot or up until recently he did! Remember Arsene saying he's got some "screws loose!!" :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Didn't realise it was official

looks so strange

ReputationRep:
    Didn't realise it was official

looks so strange
    Wasn't much outrage in here, more disappointment. On twitter, different story!!

Strange that United weren't in for him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We are, although all the strains and tears are entirely the medical teams fault! You can't factor in ACLs, and snapped legs, that's just down to luck.

Jack's injury could have been career ending because you always feel it, I think he still has screws in his foot or up until recently he did! Remember Arsene saying he's got some "screws loose!!" :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    the strains and tears are down entirely to the medical team? what an extremely idiotic thing to say

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't much outrage in here, more disappointment. On twitter, different story!!

Strange that United weren't in for him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Clearly he's not good enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    the strains and tears are down entirely to the medical team? what an extremely idiotic thing to say
    Okay, a combination of the player in question and the medical team not being on the same page.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So Chelsea's trying to do a man city and use straight words on the back of their shirts instead of the arcing words?

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how Cesc feels about it all? He's been utterly used by Barca and discarded. I wonder if he knew how it all ended whether he'd have left Arsenal in the first place. He didn't even disguise the fact Chelsea were the best offer he could find not the one he wanted. He must be dreading facing either Arsenal or Barca seeing his dream club and facing Wenger and the club that truly loved him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Clearly he's not good enough
    But Felliani is!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okay, a combination of the player in question and the medical team not being on the same page.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    or try:

fitness coaches
    training methods
    over playing
    injury prone players
    players playing on through injury

blaming the medical team is actually hilarious would you blame your doctor if you pulled a hamstring?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    I wonder how Cesc feels about it all? He's been utterly used by Barca and discarded. I wonder if he knew how it all ended whether he'd have left Arsenal in the first place. He didn't even disguise the fact Chelsea were the best offer he could find not the one he wanted. He must be dreading facing either Arsenal or Barca seeing his dream club and facing Wenger and the club that truly loved him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He wanted to come back to the BPL, his gf and daughter are here, Arsenal didn't want him and Chelsea was the only option. Makes sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    But Felliani is!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    dat hair though

ReputationRep:
    WARNING: MAY CAUSE PROJECTILE VOMITING

ReputationRep:
    I have imagined conversations, of course. Even now I frequently take Alan Smith or David O'Leary to the pub, buy them a low-alcohol lager, sit them down and talk until last orders and beyond about George Graham's alleged parsimony, Charlie Nicholas' fitness or John Lukic's transfer. But the plain truth is that the club means much much more to us than it does to them. Where were they twenty years ago? Where will they be in twenty years time? Where will they be in two years time?(At Stamford Bridge or Old Trafford bearing down on the Arsenal goal with the ball at their feet, that's where.)

Fever Pitch

In all honesty, Arsene Wenger is the only man who cares for Arsenal as much as the fans do. Everyone else is purely an accessory to us, and us to them.

ReputationRep:
    Tbf, there isn't much he can say "I'm really upset to be at Pikey FC, I wanted to go to Arsenal but Wenger has made the decision to go after Barry and Kalou"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    He wanted to come back to the BPL, his gf and daughter are here, Arsenal didn't want him and Chelsea was the only option. Makes sense.
    :confused: Relevance?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    :confused: Relevance?
    It's relevant when you acknowledge the fact we decided not to have him back. I'm not upset with him to be honest, I got my initial anger out of my system last week!! Don't blame him to be fair, good luck to him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's relevant when you acknowledge the fact we decided not to have him back. I'm not upset with him to be honest, I got my initial anger out of my system last week!! Don't blame him to be fair, good luck to him.
    I still fail to see the relevance to my post. There was no element of blame with the final choice. His decision to choose Chelsea was irrelevant to my post.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.