Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Dem Islington yuts are a rowdy bunch

ReputationRep:
    Some words are coming in that Mourinhio might steal Danny Welbeck on loan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    wenger dug his own grave, boasting that deadline day was like a game of poker.. got all confident, and has now messed up badly.
    Wenger has said he was never going for a striker 3 times and didn't confirm he was going for a striker yesterday either. He's said if there were signings to be made he'll sign them but bar Falcao I don't know who we could have got today.

I'm not pissed that he didn't sign anyone today I'm pissed he didn't do it a month ago

ReputationRep:
    Alan Smith just said that the Welbeck deal is actually done!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Wenger has said he was never going for a striker 3 times and didn't confirm he was going for a striker yesterday either. He's said if there were signings to be made he'll sign them but bar Falcao I don't know who we could have got today.

I'm not pissed that he didn't sign anyone today I'm pissed he didn't do it a month ago
    For me, and I remember writing this a while back on here.. a striker seemed unlikely, but I was hopeful..

But a CB? wenger said in an interview he was looking, and trying..

A DM/CDM? Also was slightly confident that this would happen..

It kind of feels to me that at the last minute arsenal have focused everything on getting a striker.. and will fail.. but as a by-product we wont land either of the other 2 positions that wenger actually wanted..

ReputationRep:
    If Welebck is for £27mil I will officially join all of you slating Wenger, in fact anything above 15mil and we'll have seriously overpaid
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    City are probably going to bring in Cavani, letting Negredo go to Valencia.

Still all quiet on the Northern front.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    I wonder how many arsenal fans would actually take this.. I think a few would, even though its so high, just because of the desperation
    Can you imagine the reactions of the fans waiting outside Arsenal xD. They were so happy he wasn't going to sign :lol:

ReputationRep:
    £27m confirmed apparently. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    If I was an arsenal fan I'd just kill myself tbh.

Just climb right to the highest point of Stamford bridge and jump in the river with a concrete block tied to my legs.

ReputationRep:
    Lmao so many hood rats at QPR.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    No ****ing way?!

ReputationRep:
    we pay more for welbeck then united paid for RVP?

(silly comparison given age.. but still)

Hope it is a purchase though.. I would prefer to over-pay then loan to be honest..

Loaning hurts us in the long-term.. if he fails, were screwed, and if he does well, then we have just trained a dirrect rivals player..

But 27mil.. Jesus.. I hope a big chunk of that is add-ons atleast

(if true)

ReputationRep:
    Confirmed by who?

Don't believe a word of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Whats this "Welbeck can do a Sturridge" business. Sturridge was way better at chelsea than Welbeck is at United

ReputationRep:
    2 hours to go...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I'm pissed we're letting him go, but for that kind of fee i'd drive him to London myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jordooooom)
    If I was an arsenal fan I'd just kill myself tbh.

Just climb right to the highest point of Stamford bridge and jump in the river with a concrete block tied to my legs.

I think you have no reason not to do that anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I'm pissed we're letting him go, but for that kind of fee i'd drive him to London myself
    I saw £17m, which is still about £10m too much!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've just got off the phone, I can confirm that Welbeck will be an Arsenal player by 11pm.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.