Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    thanks. how you doing? :hugs:
    been better tbh, been feeling very depressed lately & nothing much seems to help, just muddling on through hoping something will change I guess.

(Original post by Team_McDreamy)
    tired of this. at my wits end and i don't know what to do any more. don't even know if i want to keep trying.
    :console: hope you are gonna be okay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    :console: hope you are gonna be okay!
    the only way to describe how i feel atm is tired. I'm tired of waking up like this, living like this, going through the motions of living. this isn't living. this is death in parallel to life. I'm alive on the outside but i feel dead on the inside. and I'm not sure if theres a way out of this.

ReputationRep:
    the only way to describe how i feel atm is tired. I'm tired of waking up like this, living like this, going through the motions of living. this isn't living. this is death in parallel to life. I'm alive on the outside but i feel dead on the inside. and I'm not sure if theres a way out of this.
    :hugs: that sounds awful, am sure there is a way out though, probably hard to see when you feel like that though, there's always hope things can get better though, that's what you have to cling to imo!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. I'm new to the forum. I have been diagnosed as Bipolar II disorder though I can get quite psychotic at times but I'm not schizoaffective. I've also been misdiagnosed as Major Depressive disorder, and autistic.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: that sounds awful, am sure there is a way out though, probably hard to see when you feel like that though, there's always hope things can get better though, that's what you have to cling to imo!
    things haven't got better, and I'm trying so hard, I'm taking all the medications and doing the therapy tasks and trying to treat myself nicely, and they're not working nothings working so how can there be hope left

ReputationRep:
    things haven't got better, and I'm trying so hard, I'm taking all the medications and doing the therapy tasks and trying to treat myself nicely, and they're not working nothings working so how can there be hope left
    must be some hope! maybe try & think about stuff that helps you get through times like this in the past if you can? therapy/meds can take time to work as well so they might just be not quite there yet for you? I hope you feel better soon though! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I know that feeling all too well. That sounds a lot like the time when I was Thorazine, or even Seroquel. it sucks and it feels like the worse thing you can think of, every passing hour is gruelling.

ReputationRep:
    must be some hope! maybe try & think about stuff that helps you get through times like this in the past if you can? therapy/meds can take time to work as well so they might just be not quite there yet for you? I hope you feel better soon though! :hugs:
    i don't think I've ever been as bad as this though. thanks for trying to help me though. today is just not a good day. i haven't had a good day in a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nathanielle)

If it is the first time in a while, you are probably very good and thus will get this one, too.

Just proceed in small steps.

Good luck to both of you! I will probably feel exactly the same, when doing the exercise sheets.
    I hope so, I work hard...very hard in fact, but it's hard to work hard when you don't necessarily know where to start I'll just find some books that link to the question and find some quotes about it for now. Luckily it's a group thing though.

Thank you! Good luck with your exercise sheets

ReputationRep:
    Hi Idukem, how are you today?

ReputationRep:
    i don't think I've ever been as bad as this though. thanks for trying to help me though. today is just not a good day. i haven't had a good day in a while.
    :hugs: like I said I really hope you feel better soon, if you feel more up to talking then you are welcome to drop me a PM
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Peeps, my AMA thread on my mental health is up and running! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3#post50864153

(Original post by Lambrook)
    Hey guys. I'm new to the forum. I have been diagnosed as Bipolar II disorder though I can get quite psychotic at times but I'm not schizoaffective. I've also been misdiagnosed as Major Depressive disorder, and autistic.
    Welcome :wavey: Though sorry to hear of what brings you hear. That's a lot of misdiagnosis right there :eek:

ReputationRep:
    My halls are so boring. I do say hello to some people and make small talk in the communal areas sometimes, but there's no party atmosphere and I've not been invited out to nights out with anyone here. Plus, it's a college rather than a uni, so there aren't really any societies or anything here. I'm quite bitterly disappointed with how boring it is here compared to my sisters' uni halls, and it's making me feel a bit lonely.

I wanna try not to let it get to me too much though. I guess I've just got to work a bit harder to create a fun social life for myself here, even if it means starting to go on nights out alone and seeing what happens. Plus, I've been making friends with a couple of my boyfriend's friends' girlfriends I've met on a few double dates, and one of them has invited me out tonight without the guys, so hopefully that'll lead to something .

ReputationRep:
    I'm going on an adventure....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meaty_man)
    Had some breif moments of clarity recently, it seems to be so rare that i can think clearly nowadays. I just want to be able to get on in life, nothing more, but it's so difficult and help seems to be really hard to get.

I've tried so many things but either they don't work for me, or i'm too weak to use them properly, probably the latter. I just wonder if i'm ever gonna manage to get anywhere, everyone always seems to completely out-do me in anything, and i wonder if i have any talents at all.
    :hugs: I think the idea you had about helping people with drug recovery and stuff was a really good one - you could totally make a difference to people's lives.

How're the hams?

(Original post by Odd socks)
    It's for my drama groups play, and I actually did get a part! I'm a small part and I'm dead for most of the play but at least I got cast

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :jive:

(Original post by Lambrook)
    Hey, welcome to the society. Hope you're doing well today!

(Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    My halls are so boring. I do say hello to some people and make small talk in the communal areas sometimes, but there's no party atmosphere and I've not been invited out to nights out with anyone here. Plus, it's a college rather than a uni, so there aren't really any societies or anything here. I'm quite bitterly disappointed with how boring it is here compared to my sisters' uni halls, and it's making me feel a bit lonely.

I wanna try not to let it get to me too much though. I guess I've just got to work a bit harder to create a fun social life for myself here, even if it means starting to go on nights out alone and seeing what happens. Plus, I've been making friends with a couple of my boyfriend's friends' girlfriends I've met on a few double dates, and one of them has invited me out tonight without the guys, so hopefully that'll lead to something .
    Hey! :hi: Sorry to hear halls aren't what you expected, but it does seem like you're onto a good thing with your new friends. :yy: Hope you have fun tonight!

(Original post by tasha96)
    I'm going on an adventure....
    :eek: Will there be rainbows and sparkles? Unicorns??
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by superwolf)
    There may be a goatherd involved in young Tasha's adventure :ninja:

:ahee:

:beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    :hugs: I think the idea you had about helping people with drug recovery and stuff was a really good one - you could totally make a difference to people's lives.

How're the hams?

:jive:

Hey, welcome to the society. Hope you're doing well today!

Hey! :hi: Sorry to hear halls aren't what you expected, but it does seem like you're onto a good thing with your new friends. :yy: Hope you have fun tonight!

No rainbows- they're too young to go. There will be lots of senior section in kilts though... :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)

Maybeeeeeee...... :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)

You're eloping to Switzerland?? :teeth:

(Original post by tasha96)
    No rainbows- they're too young to go. There will be lots of senior section in kilts though... :awesome:
    :coma: Gotta love a good kilt.

ReputationRep:
    Oh great I have to go a pointless recovery bull**** therapy for you apt.
    Why can't people just understand my view point I see recovery as broken leg cure I don't do mental health recovery
    I hate myself so much to care about recovery I see as something I am suffering with/learning to live with. I have had it for 8 sodding years I have been through thousands of tablets, had therapy, done the usual thinking positive bull****.

Now I am accepting it comes and goes and its chronic not short term

I'm only going to shut my bf, Dr Kate and gp up and I am refusing all meds.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.