Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Don't need a new striker?! Giroud has been excellent this year, but we have no decent 2nd option. Welbeck? Poldi? Sanogo? All **** tbh. And Giroud is 28, he has 3 more years tops at his best, so it makes complete sense to invest in a young up and coming striker who already has a good goals to game ratio.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Depleted)
    He won't go for a penny over £25m, and Gob Bluth makes a good point, Wenger doesn't pay that for players like him (I.e not completely fool proof), and same applies to Dybala. So you'll stick with Giroud and Welbeck for another season.
    Won't go for a penny OVER £25mil? He'll go for £20mil tops if at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Don't need a new striker?! Giroud has been excellent this year, but we have no decent 2nd option. Welbeck? Poldi? Sanogo? All **** tbh. And Giroud is 28, he has 3 more years tops at his best, so it makes complete sense to invest in a young up and coming striker who already has a good goals to game ratio.
    Giroud is one of those strikers who'll still be banging them in at 33 imo.

ReputationRep:
    Surely Wenger will go for Lacazette, he's good and FRENCH!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Exactly. Giroud is the type of striker who doesn't rely on pace - he practically has none even in his prime. The biggest thing you tend to lose with age is pace, so yeah, I can see him banging them in for a few years.

Still think we should get Dybala though, seems like he has a lot of potential too.

ReputationRep:
    Can't see it happening, and even if he did we need 2 top strikers really considering our injury problems

ReputationRep:
    Got to get the balance correct in team selection today, really want to beat Chelscum next week even though it means nothing for the title probably so today would rest Koscielny, Ramsey and Santi. Tempted to also rest Giroud but he's red hot at the moment so dont want to disrupt it too much.

Sanchez Giroud Walcott
    Ozil Collumbo Rosicky
    Monreal Gabriel Mertesacker Bellerin
    Szczesny

Prediction:5-0

ReputationRep:
    Can't see it happening, and even if he did we need 2 top strikers really considering our injury problems
    Target men and those who dont rely on pace have longevity, been shown time and time again. Consider Drogba, Ibrahimovic, Shearer for instance.

ReputationRep:
    Giroud is like Gignac. One season wonder.

ReputationRep:
    Target men and those who dont rely on pace have longevity, been shown time and time again. Consider Drogba, Ibrahimovic, Shearer for instance.
    Yes but he's only hit form this season, I'd rather we had 2 top strikers for when one of them dips in form or gets injured

ReputationRep:
    Yes but he's only hit form this season, I'd rather we had 2 top strikers for when one of them dips in form or gets injured
    Giroud was red hot at the start of last season too. But yeah he seemed to suffer from burnout by Xmas through constant playing. I'd like a striker but Dyabla doesnt seem like a Wenger signing to me. Lazarette seems more like it.

I also very much like Dzeko and if City need to get him out to fund incomings then we might consider having him for like £10m.

ReputationRep:
    Giroud was red hot at the start of last season too. But yeah he seemed to suffer from burnout by Xmas through constant playing. I'd like a striker but Dyabla doesnt seem like a Wenger signing to me. Lazarette seems more like it.

I also very much like Dzeko and if City need to get him out to fund incomings then we might consider having him for like £10m.
    I'd take either of Lacazette and Dybala tbh. City seems like a place where we could raid in theory now they're getting ****ed by FFP, but their whole squad is proven mercenaries, Dzeko arguably the most so considering how he's wasted his career on their bench
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I reckon you could sell Walcott to City for 25-30m if Wenger saw fit. They are so desperate for English players and there are very few on the market who are good enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd take either of Lacazette and Dybala tbh. City seems like a place where we could raid in theory now they're getting ****ed by FFP, but their whole squad is proven mercenaries, Dzeko arguably the most so considering how he's wasted his career on their bench
    Both of them are going to cause a big bidding war. I think you have a better chance with Lacazette, considering Dybala is Juve bound.

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully Welbeck is dat guy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Exactly. Giroud is the type of striker who doesn't rely on pace - he practically has none even in his prime. The biggest thing you tend to lose with age is pace, so yeah, I can see him banging them in for a few years.

Still think we should get Dybala though, seems like he has a lot of potential too.
    I think half of these young players that have potential are overrated!

People were saying Lamela has potential...

If we are gonna sign a striker which is unlikely with Welbeck in the team , he has to have that special class about them like Hazard, Aguero, James Rodriguez we have fight the competition and sign the next star up...whether its Dybala who knows.

I'm not keen on signing a 20 yr old player for £30m when they haven't scored 20 goals in a season.

ReputationRep:
    Should have signed Greizmann

Wenger has let the top French talents slip through his fingers recently other than Koscielny and Giroud

ReputationRep:
    need to buy verratti and hummels tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefano93)
    need to buy verratti and hummels tbh
    We got Hummels:cool:
    Veratti is wanted by everyone, what makes you think he'll go to Arsenal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    We got Hummels:cool:
    Veratti is wanted by everyone, what makes you think he'll go to Arsenal?
    I swear he was "flattered" Arsenal showed an interest in him at one point. I reckon a lot of international players respect Arsenal as one of the top European clubs which is why I think he wouldn't be so hasty to turn us down. A player of Verratti's calibre alongside players like Ozil, Alexis would just be a dream come true :moon:.

Hummels :love:.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 12, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.