Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beef_Eater)
    Are rejections going to come this Friday or next Monday?
    How many times have you asked

ReputationRep:
    Are rejections going to come this Friday or next Monday?

None of us know. I personally believe they'll follow the trend of leaving decisions for a week then unleashing a jab of rejections the following Monday/Tuesday, with some offers on the Friday.

Does anybody know the date of the LSE entrance exam in March? It occured to me that some of us, particulary the gathered pile applicants, will be compared to the applicants who had to sit this in order to determine the last places.

ReputationRep:
    It Will Be Next Monday/tuesday!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitsune)
    Well... if you do not take it, then give it to me! lol I have applied to BSc in Management Sciences because I do not cover the minimum requirements (they ask for a 8.5 mark in a spanish degree... and it's IMPOSSIBLE (literally) to get such a high mark in an engineering degree here... I got 7.0)
    Hey do you mean yr doing yr Underfgraduation, the second time. I dont find anybody going for decision science this yr.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ramr)
    Hey do you mean yr doing yr Underfgraduation, the second time. I dont find anybody going for decision science this yr.
    I'm graduating this year and then I'm starting a second degree at LSE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Mariachi)
    How many times have you asked
    How many times has no one answered?

ReputationRep:
    How many times has no one answered?
    Erm, this was yesterday:

(Original post by andy22may)
    rejections will coem next monday/tuesday guys, dont worry about today
    A week to prepare for our rejection then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by El Mariachi)
    Erm, this was yesterday:
    my bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninety_nine)
    None of us know. I personally believe they'll follow the trend of leaving decisions for a week then unleashing a jab of rejections the following Monday/Tuesday, with some offers on the Friday.

Does anybody know the date of the LSE entrance exam in March? It occured to me that some of us, particulary the gathered pile applicants, will be compared to the applicants who had to sit this in order to determine the last places.
    Aren't they comparing us against all applicants? Why would it only be against those who have to sit the entrance exam?

ReputationRep:
    I think the entrance exam people are pretty much guaranteed a place providing they get a good score. I don't think they are going to be compared to other applicants.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers man. Yea I'm happy with Warwick but I had my heart set out on LSE. I shouldn't have got my hopes up when I applied to be honest.

Good luck on your app!
    Yeap, quite a number of us left. pre-oxbridge, gathered pile, applied wayy in october. We're waiting for more than 4 months but that shouldn't stop us.

Don't worry. like the rest said, keep your hopes up. but... maybe it'll do you good to take some time of the forum. Doing that sort of releases a whole lot of tension for me.

ReputationRep:
    anyone who is pre-oxbridge and NON-gathered pile still left?

If i dont here anything in the next two weeks im gonna send 'em an email. this is just ridiculous now. 4 months +.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Srije)

If i dont here anything in the next two weeks im gonna send 'em an email. this is just ridiculous now. 4 months +.
    How come you have been rejected from UCL and Cambridge with your grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Srije)

This is an ever reoccuring question, yep there are still some people in your case, some people even apply in september and don't get to hear anything before the end of march. This is the way LSE works and there's nothing we can do about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Srije)
    Me!

(Original post by Srije)
    Lol, that's very tempting, but still i wouldn't if I were you, apparently there were some people (even oxbridge) who only got a decision in late March. Personally, I think they've put us in a 'maybe' list (btw that's purely speculation and has no evidence what-so-ever to back it up), but I dont know... just hope I hear soon :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Srije)

ME

ReputationRep:
    me too!

nobody for BMS/Actuarial Science seems to have recieved an offer/rejection for the 2009 entry. if you have, please let us know...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Srije)

ME TOO!!!

applications; Camb (Sidney) rejection
    UCL rejection
    LSE ...waiting!!! :woo: ...
    Warwick....Waiting!!
    Nottingham; Offer! AAA/AABB

ReputationRep:
    How come you have been rejected from UCL and Cambridge with your grades?
    UCL - rejected cos i applied to cambridge (this is true, i dont need an argument about how i know etc etc, just believe it. nd to be honest im not gonna choose UCL or Warwick anyway this year, so i guess UCL were correct in rejecting me even tho their reasons should not be based on whether i will choose them or not!!!)

Cambridge - v.unlucky- made a little error in the interview but still i thought i did enough to get an offer through the pool, obviously not tho.
    If i get rejected from LSE this year (which i will be extremely pissed off about), im gonna make sure i get into cambridge next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evaluat_ion)
    i originally thought that rejections will come tomorrow... o well we'll know tomorrow.
    hey I got rejected from Gonville and Caius for Law too
    when did you have your interview?

so let me get this straight...rejections on Mondays/Tuesdays and offers on Fridays but sometimes they miss a week? I am so confused!

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 24, 2009
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.