?
Report 6 years ago
Wish the 2nd year Warwick results didn't come out so late
jj193
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah, they're still not out. Feels like a wasted day, refreshing my inbox regularly. Plus I found out my ex-landlord wants to charge my house 1,500 GBP plus potentially more for a few minor things like a screw came out of a cupboard door hinge and there is dust under the furniture.

Can't imagine how long it should take to email our results. It's past 1, might have to wait till next week now. They've just been sitting on all our results too, MathsPhys students (some of whom do all maths) got their results a week ago!
matt2k8
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by jj193)
Yeah, they're still not out. Feels like a wasted day, refreshing my inbox regularly. Plus I found out my ex-landlord wants to charge my house 1,500 GBP plus potentially more for a few minor things like a screw came out of a cupboard door hinge and there is dust under the furniture.

Can't imagine how long it should take to email our results. It's past 1, might have to wait till next week now. They've just been sitting on all our results too, MathsPhys students (some of whom do all maths) got their results a week ago!
Dave Wood said on the FB group a couple of hours ago they are still being inputted into the system but they will definitely be today.

MathPhys students got them a week ago because they were considered by the second year Physics exam board which was a week ago; the second year Maths exam board was only yesterday.

edit; Dave Wood now just posted on the FB group saying it may not be today
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I got my results back, and I have a first :woo:

Now to maintain that for the next 2 years
RockU
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I will be studying mathematics next year but I don't know whether I have to buy a book or not. The university did not provide me a textbook name yet.

So, how do you do ? Do you have any books ? Or do you study on pdf from the internet ? Or at the library ?
If you have any good books for a 1st year student, please let me know
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My old school seriously pissed me off. I go there so see brother perform. I saw my old headmaster and he asked how I did. I said I got a first and he said well done. But then he's daughter got into the convo (Cambridge Historian) and for some reason he went on about the only people getting firsts at Cambridge give up everything and that I probably wouldn't if I went. I was like :lolwut:
shamika
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by cpdavis)
My old school seriously pissed me off. I go there so see brother perform. I saw my old headmaster and he asked how I did. I said I got a first and he said well done. But then he's daughter got into the convo (Cambridge Historian) and for some reason he went on about the only people getting firsts at Cambridge give up everything and that I probably wouldn't if I went. I was like :lolwut:
Well first of all congrats - you should feel awesome for getting a first after all that work!

Second of all, you know too many people here to know that at least for maths, that is not true (I know plenty of sane, well-rounded mathmos who did well at Cambridge!). I only know one Cambridge historian, and he got a starred first so he doesn't count (but he is very normal too and had a very active social life).

I think the headmaster was just wound up. Don't let him take away from your achievements
moritzplatz
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
history... lol
Slowbro93
  • PS Reviewer
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by shamika)
Well first of all congrats - you should feel awesome for getting a first after all that work!

Second of all, you know too many people here to know that at least for maths, that is not true (I know plenty of sane, well-rounded mathmos who did well at Cambridge!). I only know one Cambridge historian, and he got a starred first so he doesn't count (but he is very normal too and had a very active social life).

I think the headmaster was just wound up. Don't let him take away from your achievements
Thanks :hugs: I was annoyed if anything. I am looking at summer internships and master programs and found out that Oxford don't do a 4th year astro program :emo: I would like to go to Cambridge, but with him around it's kinda annoying :sadnod:

(Original post by moritzplatz)
history... lol
She said to him that she decided to apply for history over maths as she wouldn't cope with maths. :rolleyes:
around
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

She said to him that she decided to apply for history over maths as she wouldn't cope with maths. :rolleyes:
really, i chose maths over classics because i'm really lazy and essay-writing is too much effort.
shamika
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
LOL! I chose Maths over English Lit because I thought Maths would be easier to learn via a formal degree (and I could always read a book).

Think I made the right choice - I don't think I've had an original thought about a book for about 9 years
harr
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
sane, well-rounded mathmos
Surely "sane" and "well rounded" go without saying when you're talking about mathmos?
shamika
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by harr)
Surely "sane" and "well rounded" go without saying when you're talking about mathmos?
Ahem

(disclaimer: actually I thought the Wikipedia article did very well at being neutral, given the stories about him. But oddly, he was the first person who came to mind... )
boromir9111
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Where has Simps ran off to? haven't seen a post from him in AGESSSSSSS.....
around
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ahem

(disclaimer: actually I thought the Wikipedia article did very well at being neutral, given the stories about him. But oddly, he was the first person who came to mind... )

Also Grothendieck
jj193
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by boromir9111)
Where has Simps ran off to? haven't seen a post from him in AGESSSSSSS.....
Simps is on stackexchange, i'm pretty sure I remember seeing some posts by his username.

Got a few of my results back, 100% in 2 exams. Rubbish mark for my essay, for which I spent a 6 weeks in the library total reading background material (feels like more work then I did all year!) my personal tutor is just impossible to please.
around
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Went to see Coldplay in Washington DC yesterday.

they were incredible
moritzplatz
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
got a first!
at least i'll have a longer gown now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (162)
38.94%
No - but I will (22)
5.29%
No - I don't want to (30)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (202)
48.56%

Watched Threads