Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'd take Llorente :yep:
Malevolent
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by The Baron)
This will probably be lost because of the situation with Pep but I was wondering what you guys thought.

Me and a friend were having a debate last night. Llorente vs Falcao. which would you rather have?
What do you guys reckon?

As for Pep i'm sad to see the guy go, he is pure class. Hope to see him around again as soon as possible.
Im pretty sad that Pep has gone but if anyone deserves a break its him you can see its taken its toll on him. Oh man thats a toughie that, for most games i think i would probably want Falcao but when teams park the bus Llorente would be a fantastic option up front as another added dimension.
WhatIsAUsername?
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'd take Falcao.
Colonel.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Llorente for me.
Nucleolus
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Lyon will wear the first kit with a 3D design.

Da***. Apparently it's only for European competitions; it would be funny if Lyon fail to qualify for CL and Europa League this year.
KingMessi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by The Baron)
This will probably be lost because of the situation with Pep but I was wondering what you guys thought.

Me and a friend were having a debate last night. Llorente vs Falcao. which would you rather have?
What do you guys reckon?

As for Pep i'm sad to see the guy go, he is pure class. Hope to see him around again as soon as possible.
Llorente, for me...
ROYP
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Falcao all day
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kevmeister)
Not much will change. Passing/pressing will remain as they are, but I expect tactics will be simplified. Perhaps Montoya, Fontas will be promoted?

Squad needs more depth - odd that Pep trusted attacking players from La Masia but seemed loathe to promote defenders, despite that being the major area of concern after Abidal's diagnosis.
Bartra and possibly muniesa too.
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Llorente ftw.......
Kevmeister
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Llorente for me, too.

In other news, Real and Adidas are negotiating a new kit deal, reported to be worth €320m over 8 years.

And Inter have reportedly made an offer for Lavezzi.
Da_hopeful_1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Jordi Alba to Barcelona looks like it's happening now.
Jim_Metrin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Da_hopeful_1)
Jordi Alba to Barcelona looks like it's happening now.
What source is that from ?
Darth Vader 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
A couple of signings are being announced on Twitter today:

Marko Marin to Chelsea and Alba to Barcelona.

The Chelsea one is official as it was posted on their website and I'm pretty sure Barca have already expressed interest in Alba and it would only be logical to get a LB as replacement for an aging Abidal.
jit987
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ajax coach Frank de Boer:
"This is terrible. How the hell is this still possible? It is one way of achieving success, but not ours. I would rather go down fighting, De Boer told Algemeen Dagblad.

"If you ask Mata 'now you have twice played against Barcelona, what have you done?' he will say 'I defended blindly and booted balls forward'. But Mata is supposed to be a technical player, right?"
Catilina
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Newsflash: Chelsea didn´t go down fighting, they won fighting.
Kevmeister
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ex-Barca player in chiming in with the anti-football argument shocker.
I Kant Spall
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Kind of sad about Marin leaving Bremen. He looked brilliant a couple years ago when playing with Özil but lost his confidence since Bremen isn't playing too well.

At best, he'll be a German/Serbian Walcott who can finish and cross. At worst, he'll be a bench-warming Krasic that fell out of favor with RDM because he turns the ball over too much and is weaker than a moist tissue. Or he'll be a Hleb.

If he can get his confidence back by playing with a new team in a new league, I anticipate great things. And I still can't believe Chelsea signed someone for under £10M.
ra-ra-ra
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by aa22)
We've done our bit, now it's time to get the Rio Ave scarves out!

It's unlikely they'll get anything though... not won in their last 5 or something like that. I think Academica are the only ones who have worse form at the moment. No win this year in the league. Crazy.
Kevmeister
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think Luis Enrique is a dead man walking at Roma, having led the club to 14 losses thus far. They scored a late goal to snatch a draw today, but seem unlikely to get CL football and may not even get EL. Stylistically they seem lost, lacking fight/drive.
Stu Laverty
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Kevmeister)
I think Luis Enrique is a dead man walking at Roma, having led the club to 14 losses thus far. They scored a late goal to snatch a draw today, but seem unlikely to get CL football and may not even get EL. Stylistically they seem lost, lacking fight/drive.
With how Roma, Inter and Napoli have been in the second half of the season (although the latter two have been better lately), it seems like none of them want Champions League football.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1628)
78.91%
Leave (435)
21.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed