Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlasticBag)

Our world class players IMO are Van Persie (he has EVERYTHING, creative, can score, mentality, fairly good physical attributes, can link up play, can play on the last man, EVERYTHING!),
    He also makes sure your physios earn their wages.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Exactly, we wouldn't want any slackers at Arsenal FC :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hantheman)
    Exactly, we wouldn't want any slackers at Arsenal FC :cool:
    Except for some of the players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    That's more of a team effort actually.

ReputationRep:
    Petr Cech claims rivals Arsenal had the chance to sign him but opted against it because they didn't think he was good enough.

:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Cech is nowhere near as good as he used to be - still better than Almunia though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    I'll continue to stress that Arshavin is one of our most important attacking players. Imo, he is one of the few worldclass players we have. In fact Cesc and AA are our only world class players. Nasri also has the potential to be.
    He's past it. Wenger should sell him.

Van Persie is Arsenal's best player, and along with Cesc are the only two world class players.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry, but statistics don't lie.

Arshavin is absolutely lethal in the final third of the pitch and is one of the best players at the club, even if his attitude defensively isn't as good as we'd hope.

You also have to remember that for 90% of his career at Zenit he played as a shadow striker, not a winger, so he's never had that defensive-mindedness drilled into him.

ReputationRep:
    This season he has been **** though.

He is a good player in general, don't get me wrong, but he is too inconsistent to be world class. If he continued his 08/09 form into this season, then yes I would say he is world class.

ReputationRep:
    Jens :adore:

:rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Cech is nowhere near as good as he used to be
    Really?

I would say this has probably been his best season yet.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Cech is getting back to his best form again.

V.Persie is world class, Arshavin is great but it's just his fitness.

Gunners should try bidding on De Gea or Vicente Guaita.

ReputationRep:
    International breaks are such a killjoy. They should be held in the summer when most seasons are over.

Hopefully the players will recover from what's happened in recent weeks though.

(Original post by rajandkwameali)
    He's past it. Wenger should sell him.

Van Persie is Arsenal's best player, and along with Cesc are the only two world class players.
    Arshavin? Sell Arshavin?

Cool

story

brah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Lol why are people saying Arshavin is world class but RvP ain't I don't like the term "worldclass" tbh, it's very subjective. But if I had to say who your world class players are it would deinitely be RvP and Cesc.
    You don't like the term world-class because you're simply not familiar with what world-class means and looks like (because of being a supporter of Liverpool for however many years...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    You don't like the term world-class because you're simply not familiar with what world-class means and looks like (because of being a supporter of Liverpool for however many years...)
    Well, they still have Gerrard, and had Mascherano and Alonso as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhinger)
    Well, they still have Gerrard, and has Mascherano and Alonso as well.
    Um, Mascherano plays for Barcelona while Alonso plays for Real Madrid...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    lol... In premier league history, Liverpool have had as many world-class players as Arsenal, even if Arsenal have been a better team domestically.

ReputationRep:
    I think he meant 'had' rather than 'has', especially seeing as 'has' doesn't make sense anyway... :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhinger)
    International breaks are such a killjoy. They should be held in the summer when most seasons are over.

Hopefully the players will recover from what's happened in recent weeks though.

Arshavin? Sell Arshavin?

Cool

story

brah.
    Yes, since he's past it. The only way I can see he can redeem himself is to score the winners against United, Stoke and Fulham. That way, he can say he's won the league.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tizmo)
    Um, Mascherano plays for Barcelona while Alonso plays for Real Madrid...
    Meant had instead of has, corrected.

(Original post by rajandkwameali)
    Yes, since he's past it. The only way I can see he can redeem himself is to score the winners against United, Stoke and Fulham. That way, he can say he's won the league.
    He's lazy, I'll admit. But if you watched the Brom game you'd realize he was the best player on the pitch, if not second to Wilshere.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.