Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Agree with the integration bit.

I'd say that the only criticisms of guardiola were his signings in the 09/10 season (maybe his final season too as sanchez flopped) and his tactical decisions in his final season, which really wasn't helped by injury problems, so it probably went hand in hand. Also think he started that over-reliance of messi, which does the goods for 3/4's of the season but he burns out or gets injured(which was clearly apparent the season just gone by.
    Yeah, the 09/10 signings were poor. Maxwell was ok, Chyg was a disaster and Ibra just didnt fit in. He performed well in the first half of the season but then tailed off, Messi was moved centrally and the rest is history. Iirc, Eto'o only had a year left on his contract and wanted to leave so was probably just thrown in. Doesnt change the fact it was a ridiculous amount of money.

Guardiola forgot how to play with wingers in his last season, at times there were 7 midfielders on the pitch for us ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Apparently Wenger is moving for Rooney again. I'd take him over Benteke because a fit and enthusiastic Rooney is a beast. But it's hard to see us beating Chelsea to him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hard to see us selling Rooney to you if Chelsea are interested, who would offer 10mill more and offer twice what you'se could pay in wages.

If he went it would be clever, didn't Rooney have a habit of scoring against you'se? Or was that Ji-Sung?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Hard to see us selling Rooney to you if Chelsea are interested, who would offer 10mill more and offer twice what you'se could pay in wages.

If he went it would be clever, didn't Rooney have a habit of scoring against you'se? Or was that Ji-Sung?
    Both of them.

ReputationRep:
    RVP showing a world class striker can do. We have to do everything to bring in a striker of his ability - someone who can make the difference. So many games last year he was the difference between for UTD. As good as Giroud is, he's not a striker you can rely on to take that one chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Yeah, the 09/10 signings were poor. Maxwell was ok, Chyg was a disaster and Ibra just didnt fit in. He performed well in the first half of the season but then tailed off, Messi was moved centrally and the rest is history. Iirc, Eto'o only had a year left on his contract and wanted to leave so was probably just thrown in. Doesnt change the fact it was a ridiculous amount of money.

Guardiola forgot how to play with wingers in his last season, at times there were 7 midfielders on the pitch for us ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry I'm confused..I thought you were a Liverpool fan?

ReputationRep:
    If RVP stayed at Arsenal and banged in the 32 goals he scored for Utd he would be Arsenal's 4th top goal scorer - 3 behind Bastin and 20 behind Ian Wright for second place. Ouch that must hurt for Arsenal fans surely??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polojoe)
    If RVP stayed at Arsenal and banged in the 32 goals he scored for Utd he would be Arsenal's 4th top goal scorer - 3 behind Bastin and 20 behind Ian Wright for second place. Ouch that must hurt for Arsenal fans surely??
    Why would the fact that a judas won't get the chance to be ahead of bone fide club legends hurt us?

ReputationRep:
    Wenger has the personality of a damp cloth, you really think he's going to "motivate" 'Vayne Wooney'?
    He managed to get Nasri and Adebayor playing brilliantly who are otherwise very average footballers, never underestimate Wenger. Struggles with bringing the best out of a team on occasion but never fails at bringing the best out of his players.

The only players last season who didn't really look motivated to me were Santos and Vermaelen. Arshavin too but he only played about 5 minutes and ran back to Zenit. Santos was sold and Vermaelen was dropped. Heard that Santos has been even worse since he left Arsenal. No players are ever significantly better before or after they're under the management of Wenger. Only player I can think of that even coms close is von Bronckhorst, and he only did better after because our squad at the time was too good for him to be a regular starter, and i have no doubt he'd have been as good for us as he was for Barca had he managed to hold down a starting place each week.

ReputationRep:
    Bit of an odd thing to say. Why would it hurt? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    "second club"

ReputationRep:
    It only hurts that Van Chavsie is ahead of Bergkamp.

He's nearly retired anyway and wont be winning much at Utd for the near future anyway so he can have Moyes and his 250k.

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see Suarez refusing to apologies

I hope Wenger can free free him from slavery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    It only hurts that Van Chavsie is ahead of Bergkamp.

He's nearly retired anyway and wont be winning much at Utd for the near future anyway so he can have Moyes and his 250k.
    Why so bitter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Christ yawn :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Why so bitter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Averse to classless scumbags.

ReputationRep:
    Averse to classless scumbags.
    Why is he classless?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Why is he classless?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Look up last years thread mate, it was done in depth.

ReputationRep:
    Suarez is banned for 6 games, so we can pretty much wait till the transfer deadline with him.

Given we've activated his clause, hopefully we have already agreed terms with him.

Liverpool have to sell, as Suarez clearly doesn't want to play for them and has hit out at the club. Refusing to apologise is just the icing on the cake.

Also and for all the people licking RvP's ass, just remember it was us Arsenal fans that first called him worldclass, but most people thought we were overrating him.

He had a better season for us before he left (37 goals) compared to the season he just had (30 goals).

Arsenal have worldclass players (Cazorla and WIlshere), it's a shame that people only look at names and transfer values when judging players.

No other manager could do a better job than Wenger with Arsenal at the moment.

Mourinho couldn't win a premiership on an extremely limited budget. No chance.

ReputationRep:
    Look up last years thread mate, it was done in depth.
    Youre trying to dodge the question because you cant give me an answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Suarez is banned for 6 games, so we can pretty much wait till the transfer deadline with him.

Given we've activated his clause, hopefully we have already agreed terms with him.

Liverpool have to sell, as Suarez clearly doesn't want to play for them and has hit out at the club. Refusing to apologise is just the icing on the cake.

Also and for all the people licking RvP's ass, just remember it was us Arsenal fans that first called him worldclass, but most people thought we were overrating him.

He had a better season for us before he left (37 goals) compared to the season he just had (30 goals).

Arsenal have worldclass players (Cazorla and WIlshere), it's a shame that people only look at names and transfer values when judging players.

No other manager could do a better job than Wenger with Arsenal at the moment.

Mourinho couldn't win a premiership on an extremely limited budget. No chance.

Its people like you that make this the worst football forum on TSR.

Cazorla and WIlshere are not world class.

There is no clause either so keep clutching at straws for that one as well. If only you had more Zurichs, Abiralefts, Glousks, Alexsongs, and 419. What a load of drivel that post.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.