Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Well, first you ask the question "am I a member of the bourgeoisie?" And then "I am a reactionary?"

If the answer to both is "yes" then you are, if not you go back and think harder about the questions until you come to the correct conclusion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Instructions too hard, simplify plz.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    How does one tell if one is a 'bourgeoisie reactionary'? XD
    I wouldn't necessarily believe that the middle class are the bourgeoisie. I'd say if you're on the upper-middle border or above then you're bourgeois. In modern terms.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Saracen's Fez - That Bearded Man will be proxying for Seat 14 until further notice. I have asked him to apply to the MP user group.

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts on Grammar Schools? Personally, I am against it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cactus69)
    Speaking in a personal capacity, I am against the extension of them, and would go further and remove them all but am not unhappy with the status quo if the only option was to increase the number of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cactus69)
    The evidence is that they increase the performance of the children at them (who are overwhelmingly from wealthy households, and so they are terrible as a social mobility measure), but decrease the performance of the area as a whole. Accordingly, I'm opposed. If they worked as they were supposed to (permitting children from poorer backgrounds to gain access to good education without causing detriment to the educational system as a whole), I would support them.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Emily Porter will be acting as proxy for KomradeKorbyn until further notice.

Saracen's Fez
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Very strange typo of Whiggy there.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Saracen's Fez - KomradeKorbyn will be returning to Seat 20, replacing Emily Porter.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Emily Porter will be acting as proxy for KomradeKorbyn, most likely until the end of term.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    Emily Porter will be acting as proxy for KomradeKorbyn, most likely until the end of term.
    If the ghost MP KomradeKorbyn cannot manage to vote, nor spell looking at his name, I think it is a good idea to permanently make Emily Porter an MP.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    If the ghost MP KomradeKorbyn cannot manage to vote, nor spell looking at his name, I think it is a good idea to permanently make Emily Porter an MP.
    He's currently very busy with real life commitments which is fair enough, so we've brought in Emily to vote on the remaining items in Division.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    He's currently very busy with real life commitments which is fair enough, so we've brought in Emily to vote on the remaining items in Division.
    And once again people seem to think voting is a massive hardship that takes hours a day, not a few minutes twice a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    And once again people seem to think voting is a massive hardship that takes hours a day, not a few minutes twice a week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Jesus Jammy, take a chill pill. People have things more important than this place in their lives, you're not making yourself look any more superior just because you don't, you're making yourself look about on par with Nige.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    Jesus Jammy, take a chill pill. People have things more important than this place in their lives, you're not making yourself look any more superior just because you don't, you're making yourself look about on par with Nige.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Members need to dedicate time if the MHoC is going to be a great debating forum replication the real life House of Commons. I may have cancelled a date with a beautiful girl to be online when the TSR General Election results were announced, however, that is the price I pay for being on top; other members should do the same thing.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    Members need to dedicate time if the MHoC is going to be a great debating forum replication the real life House of Commons. I may have cancelled a date with a beautiful girl to be online when the TSR General Election results were announced, however, that is the price I pay for being on top; other members should do the same thing.
    That would make sense, but you're not on top, you've never been top, you've never been anywhere near the top actually. Even the other guy that seems to dedicate 120% of his life to this place hasn't been at the top, he didn't even make leader of his party.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    That would make sense, but you're not on top, you've never been top, you've never been anywhere near the top actually. Even the other guy that seems to dedicate 120% of his life to this place hasn't been at the top, he didn't even make leader of his party.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which guy's this??
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Which guy's this??
    JD

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Ouch xD

ReputationRep:
    Is it safe to assume, then, that the TSR Conservative and Unionist Party has never appointed a proxy?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.