Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    It's relevant when you acknowledge the fact we decided not to have him back. I'm not upset with him to be honest, I got my initial anger out of my system last week!! Don't blame him to be fair, good luck to him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ive noticed that this is a thing with people who are anti-Wenger, you seem to almost respond positively to people who **** the club over in any way. If Adebayor returned next time and pissed on the pitch many would probably say ''well what can you expect him to do with Wenger in charge, good luck to him!!!'' Like Le Grove insisting on calling RVP 'Robin' as soon as he left. It's not Stockholm syndrome, but it's some kind of psychological conditioning. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Ive noticed that this is a thing with people who are anti-Wenger, you seem to almost respond positively to people who **** the club over in any way. If Adebayor returned next time and pissed on the pitch many would probably say ''well what can you expect him to do with Wenger in charge, good luck to him!!!'' Like Le Grove insisting on calling RVP 'Robin' as soon as he left. It's not Stockholm syndrome, but it's some kind of psychological conditioning. :laugh:
    You also have your own psychological issues that I've pointed out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    I still fail to see the relevance to my post. There was no element of blame with the final choice. His decision to choose Chelsea was irrelevant to my post.
    My bad! This whole transfer has somewhat scrambled my brain!!

He's probably not happy about being chewed up and spat out my Barca but it didn't work out, rather than just sitting on the bench for them, he chose to move on.

Barca is his hometown team, he would have gone even if he knew it would end like this. He love for them was too much to deter. We had to beg him to stay at the end of the 2009/10 season. We just delayed the inevitable.

If we were interested, I have no doubt he would have joined us, but we weren't so he looked elsewhere. Chelsea meet the requirements of what he wanted so he took their offer.

I'm dreading facing Chelsea, forget 6-0 at the Bridge, it'll be 6-0 at the Emirates if we aren't careful.

His dream club didn't want him and the man who he regarded as a father figure didn't either.

Some of the abuse Cesc is getting from some of our lot is disgusting, blame Wenger, not him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    You also have your own psychological issues that I've pointed out
    No doubt, but I'd like to think my own interests are sufficiently correlated with the club's to not sympathise with those who have ****ed us over.

Cant see how Wenger has done wrong here. We're already over-staffed in Cesc's position. Which is not to say that we dont need to spend big, just that Cesc was a player we had no logical reason to sign.

ReputationRep:
    Nah I hate Adepaymore and RVP, they are different situations. Cesc threw himself at us and Arsene was the one who chose to allow him to go to Chelsea, I can't hate him for something Arsene messed up on!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm pro Wenger and I don't blame Fabregas. I don't get why people get all menstrual over guys like him, RVP, Nasri etc. Even heard people abusing Sagna who has been one of my favourite Arsenal players since he established himself here. There is no loyalty left in football, players do what they think is best for their careers (as we all do). The sooner people realise that the sooner we can get away from the repetitive abuse given to all our ex players.

(N.B. Adebayor is an exception with that whole celebration thing)

ReputationRep:
    So one point were saying we don't need him and then the other it's "Blame Wenger"

This has been made into too much of a big deal

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No doubt, but I'd like to think my own interests are sufficiently correlated with the club's to not sympathise with those who have ****ed us over.

Cant see how Wenger has done wrong here. We're already over-staffed in Cesc's position. Which is not to say that we dont need to spend big, just that Cesc was a player we had no logical reason to sign.
    Lol say that when Ozil, Ramsey and Jack are out and we are playing Flamini and Arteta together!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    So one point were saying we don't need him and then the other it's "Blame Wenger"

This has been made into too much of a big deal

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It was always Wenger's fault!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol say that when Ozil, Ramsey and Jack are out and we are playing Flamini and Arteta together!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Think you are forgetting the return of Diaby:ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It was always Wenger's fault!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Calm down earlier today you acknowledged we didn't need him but now you're saying it's a mistake to pass him by?

It's only June
    If your gonna have a breakdown at least do it in August

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Chirico)
    I'm pro Wenger and I don't blame Fabregas. I don't get why people get all menstrual over guys like him, RVP, Nasri etc. Even heard people abusing Sagna who has been one of my favourite Arsenal players since he established himself here. There is no loyalty left in football, players do what they think is best for their careers (as we all do). The sooner people realise that the sooner we can get away from the repetitive abuse given to all our ex players.

(N.B. Adebayor is an exception with that whole celebration thing)
    I get that, but what's the obsession with players spouting complete drivel to the fans then? What on Earth possessed Fab/RVP to come out with the Tony Adams II stuff when surely they knew it was nonsense.

Adebayor in many ways was completely justified to do what he did, he was being given terrible, and personal, abuse by our fans to whom he owed nothing. He never pretended to love the club and I have more respect for that than for Cesc/RVP.

ReputationRep:

A midfield trio of flamini arteta rosicky seems like a good idea

ReputationRep:
    Did I just see that post.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    A midfield trio of flamini arteta rosicky seems like a good idea
    Hadnt realised that Ramsey, Ozil, AOC, Cazorla and Wilshere had been sold.

Imagine adding Fabregas to that, if that's the solution then wtf is the question exactly? When we were getting dicked over at Anfield/SB, it wasnt for lack of Cesc Fabregas that's certain.

Not to say that Wenger doesnt need to get the chequebook out, just that he has other fish to fry.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You forgot the OX and Diaby.

ReputationRep:
    Watching luis gustavo today...damn we should of signed him :teeth:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Calm down earlier today you acknowledged we didn't need him but now you're saying it's a mistake to pass him by?

It's only June
    If your gonna have a breakdown at least do it in August

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I said I can see why we didn't get him but the point still remains that if we get a bunch of injuries we are screwed and we will be exposed. I also said it's incredibly short sighted given that we have 3 pensioners and Diaby as cover.

I'm really not, because I'm not even upset, I expect as little as possible from AW to ensure that I'm not too disappointed!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Barca is his hometown team, he would have gone even if he knew it would end like this. He love for them was too much to deter. We had to beg him to stay at the end of the 2009/10 season. We just delayed the inevitable.
    This is what I'm not so sure about. You look at the situation then, the WC, Spainish pride, Barca the most dominant force on earth, Messi just looking rampant, playing under Pep and Tito. I can see why he left. Now with hindsight, he'd already missed the peak. I can't see how he could have walked away from Barca without a bitter taste in his mouth, left everything at Arsenal an in effect got a La Liga before being unceremoniously kicked into touch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    You forgot the OX and Diaby.
    Ox shouldn't play centrally, a few good games down the middle doesn't make that his position, as for Diaby....lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.