Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Sterling 1-0 how?!?!

ReputationRep:
    Yesss!!! Lovely pass from Coutinho and great finish!!
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Again. Burnley. ****ing useless.

ReputationRep:
    Suckerpunch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Again. Burnley. ****ing useless.
    We are just doing what Arsenal did last week.

ReputationRep:
    And THAT is why Mignolet is being benched.

ReputationRep:
    Mignolet....
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    We are just doing what Arsenal did last week.
    Well stop that

ReputationRep:
    what is going on with Mignolet.

ReputationRep:
    Best youngster in the world

ReputationRep:
    We have been dire

ReputationRep:
    Henderson is utter garbage today.

ReputationRep:
    Henederson balls have been ****.

ReputationRep:
    I'll take that, a win's a win.

Seriously need to sort our **** out though.

ReputationRep:
    We didn't play well but good to see we were able to hold onto the 3 points.

ReputationRep:
    Disappointed with Rodgers for not changing it up sooner when it was obvious that 3-4-3 wasn't working. A lucky 3 points but who's going to complain about those points?

Doubt Swansea will be so weak in front of goal.

ReputationRep:
    3 points, we'll take that. Dire performance though...

Can looks a more competant CB than Skirtle and Lovren. Sakho has been boss as usual and for the one millionth time Gerrard needs to be dropped as he's a passenger in midfield (Lucas was a passenger aswell but atleast he offers more defensively and cut out attacks today). Lallana was also good, Coutinho was bullied too easily but showed his quality along with Sterling to win us the game.

ReputationRep:
    Lucas and Skrtel between them are the worst spine of the team in the world.

Shy out of challenges, back off, slow and clumsy. Disgraceful. We knew this 3 years ago and we're still stuck with them. Absolute mediocrity.

ReputationRep:
    Gerrard needs to be dropped on the weekend, he has been absolutely anonymous in the past few games. I hope Jones' injury isn't too bad, Mignolet still looks clueless in goal.

(Original post by JamesR12)
    Lucas and Skrtel between them are the worst spine of the team in the world.

Shy out of challenges, back off, slow and clumsy. Disgraceful. We knew this 3 years ago and we're still stuck with them. Absolute mediocrity.
    I think its more to do with the defensive coaching tbh and anyway we've looked better since Lucas has been drafted into the team. But yeah it pisses me off to see them back off from the ball and not challenge for it, time and time again the Burnley players were able to turn and run at the defence and shoot at goal. We were lucky they weren't able to finish any of the chances they had.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    I think its more to do with the defensive coaching tbh and anyway we've looked better since Lucas has been drafted into the team. But yeah it pisses me off to see them back off from the ball and not challenge for it, time and time again the Burnley players were able to turn and run at the defence and shoot at goal. We were lucky they weren't able to finish any of the chances they had.
    It's not down to just the coaching. If you look at someone like Sakho, born and raised to defend against the ball - he always moves to the ball. Someone like Skrtel, he's been raised and it's ingrained in his head to defend the space. So he'll always, always back off and protect the area closer to the goal rather than move to the ball and risk being beaten. It's such a **** habit and Skrtel basically always retreats when someone is running at him with the ball. It's just silly and cowardly and means he'll never, ever be a good enough centre back.

Lucas is slow and laborious and not physically good enough to be a competent DM. He gets beaten so, so easily. Ings was dribbling rings around him and Ings is hardly of Messi's physique.

The funny thing is it is these two exact people who were annihilated by (I think Bentenke too in December 2012) but most notably Jay ****ing Rodriguez who ran unopposed from the halfway line to score against us. Not a player challenged him until he shot from inside our box and the two who should have done were Lucas and Skrtel. The hilarious thing is that Jay Rodriguez did this against us in March 2013 - we're now two years on and it's the same two ****e players who are the spine of our defence.

Lucas has improved results in the short term but not to the level that we aspire to. Skrtel has always been dismal. It pains me so much to watch both of them.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.