Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Chat banged get ****

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Well too be fair to him Moreno did have a shocker
    Did everything to help his old club back into the game. Really disappointed by the manner in which we rolled over second half. I felt we should have had at least one penalty from handball, and if Sturridge hadn't stuck his leg out for Lovren's disallowed goal Sevilla may have been less optimistic second half.
    Clyne and Toure were heroic, whereas Moreno, Coutinho, Firmino were all very poor.
    Congrats to Sevilla for winning it three times now, thanks to Klopp for steering us to two cup finals and hopefully his appeal can entice one or two players to upgrade our squad and challenge for the title next season. No European football worked in Brendan's favour in 2013/14 so maybe we can profit from that next season.

ReputationRep:
    so origi < MARTIAL
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    What was all that I was getting told a few days ago about Liverpool doing badly in the league this year because they were going to win the Europa League? :rolleyes:

No European action for the scousers next year.

ReputationRep:
    That second half collapse. Blimey. Talk about a game of two halves. Was a case of who could capitalise on their good spells more, and that was Sevilla. Deserving winners in the end.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)

There are no passengers in our side - we have a generally consistent level of quality throughout the entire team.

I agree

ReputationRep:
    Have to remember Sevilla know how to win the EL, last year they came back from behind to win it. We can blame Moreno or the ref all we want but we have to take our hats off to them as they were the better team, our team has some serious issues that Klopp needs to address in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    if klopp dont keep kolo u are idiots

ReputationRep:
    Lol don't know why the ref is getting so much blame, their 3rd goal was perfectly fine. In any case, you didn't have a sniff in the second half anyway so it doesn't really matter much. I'd be more annoyed at Moreno's poverty defending and Coutinho's anonymous performance than the ref.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if you'll lose any potential transfers over this. (i.e. 8th place and no Europe next season)

ReputationRep:
    Klopp needs a blank cheque from FSG and I can't wait to see him buy some decent players. I'm sure we'll be in more finals under Klopp-the future is still very bright.

ReputationRep:
    Around the 60 min mark before they got their 2nd goal, I was thinking we were getting overrun in the midfield. Henderson or Allen to help out Can and Milner at that point could've shored it up. Plenty of mistakes from players and the manager but not much you can do now.

Will massively impact on our summer signings - I guess we can go into next season with a smaller squad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Morsey_)
    I wonder if you'll lose any potential transfers over this. (i.e. 8th place and no Europe next season)
    Lack of CL will obviously be a factor (as it has always been for Liverpool) but you don't usually see anyone saying the lack of Europa League will hurt a club in terms of transfers. Smart transfers are needed and you don't need EL or even CL for that and teams like Leicester, West Ham and Southampton are examples of this. The problem for Liverpool is that we are not smart with transfers, we are notoriously bad at transfers but Klopp has a good record at Dortmund so we have to hope he can get some good buys for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Morsey_)
    I'm sure we will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Around the 60 min mark before they got their 2nd goal, I was thinking we were getting overrun in the midfield. Henderson or Allen to help out Can and Milner at that point could've shored it up. Plenty of mistakes from players and the manager but not much you can do now.

Will massively impact on our summer signings - I guess we can go into next season with a smaller squad.
    Klopp said he's after the same targets regardless of the outcome of the final. Hopefully he gets his first choice signings, the progress under Klopp is evident. He took a team that's not his to 2 finals in his first season at the club, which is a great achievement. The good thing is next season we can focus 100% on the league like we did in the 13/14 and Leicester this season.

ReputationRep:
    While Moreno will get a lot of flak for his mistakes - did anyone in red honestly show up in that second half? We were completely outplayed, dominated and out thought by Seville.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    Klopp said he's after the same targets regardless of the outcome of the final. Hopefully he gets his first choice signings, the progress under Klopp is evident. He took a team that's not his to 2 finals in his first season at the club, which is a great achievement. The good thing is next season we can focus 100% on the league like we did in the 13/14 and Leicester this season.
    Yea we can target all we want but might not be so easy to convince those same players. With no Europe there's even less of a need for a big expansion of the squad but then it's harder to convince those higher quality players to join us.

ReputationRep:
    While Moreno will get a lot of flak for his mistakes - did anyone in red honestly show up in that second half? We were completely outplayed, dominated and out thought by Seville.
    Kolo was tremendous tonight, I've heard rumours he's leaving this season though. The whole team capitulated after that first goal, it was a massive sucker punch and we completely lost our control. Fair play to Sevilla though, they changed their tactics and outplayed us.

I'm incredibly disappointed with Coutinho, he barely touched the ball bar the assist for Sturridge in the entire match. Also, for all of Milner's experience he didn't do much in the second half either. The two finals we have lost will be a massive learning curve for the team and an experience which will hopefully spur them on to succeed.

ReputationRep:
    Yea we can target all we want but might not be so easy to convince those same players. With no Europe there's even less of a need for a big expansion of the squad but then it's harder to convince those higher quality players to join us.
    Well we have a top class manager and he's a pulling factor himself. We can always try to tempt players with more money tbh. Main thing is that Klopp will have to sell his philosophy to potential players and convince them of his plans.

ReputationRep:
    https://twitter.com/MMCarefree/statu...36168334479360

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.