Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CutieTootsie)
    Does anyone know what the cut offs for Plymouth are this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The cut offs for Plymouth won't be released until first week of November which is when UKCAT sends our UKCAT scores to all the universities and then Plymouth decides on the cut offs based on the applicants. Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathsmad123)
    Anyone know any good interview courses? Im just totally abysmal at them lol
    Maybe try ISC Medical, you know their interview book is very popular. I haven't been on their course but in last year's posts, one poster mentioned this course helped her with both mmi and panel. But they are expensive though (about 169)
    Good luck with your application

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone think an average of 697 is low? It's borderline 700 seeing as I was 2090 overall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamza_33)
    Does anyone think an average of 697 is low? It's borderline 700 seeing as I was 2090 overall.
    Low for which uni's? 697 is amazing score in general there is nothing low about it. Average was 631 so just look at how much above average you are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    how strict is st georges with their gcse grades?? my point score for them is 398 but they require 416??
    I meet the rest of their entry requirements though

Also their historic ukcat scores are like 2600 for 2016 and 2550 for 2015 but they also said that they want above 500 in each section?
    so does that mean that they wont accept 1950 as a score ( i have 500+ in each section)

i've already submitted my application so there is nothing i can do about it now but i just wanted to know so that i can know whether to expect an offer or not!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    how strict is st georges with their gcse grades?? my point score for them is 398 but they require 416??
    I meet the rest of their entry requirements though

Also their historic ukcat scores are like 2600 for 2016 and 2550 for 2015 but they also said that they want above 500 in each section?
    so does that mean that they wont accept 1950 as a score ( i have 500+ in each section)

i've already submitted my application so there is nothing i can do about it now but i just wanted to know so that i can know whether to expect an offer or not!

Thanks
    u can change your choices for up to two weeks. If they say they need that, then they DO!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    u can change your choices for up to two weeks. If they say they need that, then they DO!
    oh ok thanks!!
    but with st georges im confused about their ukcat cut off ??
    is it 500+ or historic ukcat scores?
    which one do i use???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mm_7)
    oh ok thanks!!
    but with st georges im confused about their ukcat cut off ??
    is it 500+ or historic ukcat scores?
    which one do i use???
    You need 500+ in each section for 2017 entry, and they will set their cut off when they receive everyone's scores from 2017 entry! You can use historic scores as a guidance (kind of) but they change every year depending on what UKCAT scores applicants to SGUL have. Hope that clears things up. They screen GCSEs etc first so if you don't meet them then you won't be considered further. So definitely weigh up your options cos SGUL isn't looking like the best choice for you unfortunately X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)
    You need 500+ in each section for 2017 entry, and they will set their cut off when they receive everyone's scores from 2017 entry! You can use historic scores as a guidance (kind of) but they change every year depending on what UKCAT scores applicants to SGUL have. Hope that clears things up. They screen GCSEs etc first so if you don't meet them then you won't be considered further. So definitely weigh up your options cos SGUL isn't looking like the best choice for you unfortunately X

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh ok! will definitely reconsider!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michaela__)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hye...do u know how to put uKCAT results on the ucas form?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    hye...do u know how to put uKCAT results on the ucas form?
    Don't put your UKCAT score on UCAS. Just make sure after you've applied to your 4 med schools that you log into your UKCAT Pearson account and add your 4 choices so they can send off your UKCAT in November! You have until 21st October to do that on the UKCAT website.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Quick question moments before the application deadline

Long story, but I have to change my choices last minute. I am thinking of adding St George's as my new 4th choice but having looked at their website just now not sure if I meet the requirements- please could someone help?

I don't have any GCSE's as I didn't go through the education system in the UK.
    I am taking A-levels in 2017- biology, chemistry, psychology
    My UKCAT score is 683.
    I have a masters in English (5-year program, first class degree) from a Hungarian university.

Is it a problem that I don't have GCSE's? Is it worth giving a shot with the above?
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArtScience)
    Quick question moments before the application deadline

Long story, but I have to change my choices last minute. I am thinking of adding St George's as my new 4th choice but having looked at their website just now not sure if I meet the requirements- please could someone help?

I don't have any GCSE's as I didn't go through the education system in the UK.
    I am taking A-levels in 2017- biology, chemistry, psychology
    My UKCAT score is 683.
    I have a masters in English (5-year program, first class degree) from a Hungarian university.

Is it a problem that I don't have GCSE's? Is it worth giving a shot with the above?
    Thank you
    Usually universities have equivalent requirements for foreign applicants but you would need to call them to make sure. I didn´t go through the UK school system either and was just given different requirements that correspond to the exams I sat.

If you have a good hungarain (i suppose?) high school diploma and fulfil all other requirements you will probably have a shot i suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mamly042)
    Usually universities have equivalent requirements for foreign applicants but you would need to call them to make sure. I didn´t go through the UK school system either and was just given different requirements that correspond to the exams I sat.

If you have a good hungarain (i suppose?) high school diploma and fulfil all other requirements you will probably have a shot i suppose.
    Thank you! I have applied and will contact them on Monday- didn't have many other options anyways so it was worth a shot. Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Who else is having trouble getting the UCAS chocies information into the poorly designed UKCAT website? I have filled in the information about 10 times but different parts of the form keep disappearing completely and I am not allowed to save the information that I have managed to put in. Please HELP!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by plutojupitermars)
    Who else is having trouble getting the UCAS chocies information into the poorly designed UKCAT website? I have filled in the information about 10 times but different parts of the form keep disappearing completely and I am not allowed to save the information that I have managed to put in. Please HELP!!!
    Definitely ring them up if you are struggling and see what they say! It worked fine for me when I did mine. I think you have until the 21st October to enter them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm having the same issue! I messaged the customer services and will call them on Monday. I know that yesterday night there was maintenance on the website. Maybe they did something wrong to the form

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaVinciGirl)
    I'm having the same issue! I messaged the customer services and will call them on Monday. I know that yesterday night there was maintenance on the website. Maybe they did something wrong to the form

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ]]

same for me, its showing options i need to fill and they disappear as i start entering them loooooool, we should just call tomorrow and sort it*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eemooz)
    ]]

same for me, its showing options i need to fill and they disappear as i start entering them loooooool, we should just call tomorrow and sort it*
    Yeah the exact same thing was happening to me.

ReputationRep:
    It happened to me to last week when i submitted. I managed to fill it in the second time around; maybe its got to do with the order in which you put down the unis?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.