• View Poll Results: Favourite Doctor?
    Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

(Original post by Phobia27)
    There's a link on Doctor Who TV that says big spoilers to the opening two-parter, I've been eyeing it up for 5 minutes, so tempted to press but don't want to at the same time
    There's one significant spoiler in there - no major spoilers, the others are things we've speculated/already know. And the spoilers are hidden within the link itself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    but we've never been told that River is his wife. If she's his daughter that could explain the relationship they have too.
    (not that I'm supporting this theory, just pointing out it's not necessarily incest)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    But they kiss in the trailer, I doubt she is his daughter...

(Original post by Aula)
    We haven't, there's just been a lot of speculation about it. Even more so with an upcoming episode being titled 'the doctor's wife'
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I thought this image looked like they were offering her to him in marriage :holmes:

'cause we don't find out River's secret until the last episode of Part 1, hence the cliffhanger...

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    On another note, how do you even qualify to go to a screening? :holmes:
    There was an application briefly open, I applied but didn't get any :sad:

BBC have released two clips. :woo:

The Impossible Astronaut: Preview Clip One - http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00g9plj
    The Impossible Astronaut: Preview Clip Two - http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00g9q57

ReputationRep:
    The bus in the first clip, in the first shot, looks like it's floating :| Bad composite?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Absolutely cannot wait for the opening episodes

ReputationRep:
    BBC have released two clips. :woo:

The Impossible Astronaut: Preview Clip One - http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00g9plj
    The Impossible Astronaut: Preview Clip Two - http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00g9q57
    River in the first clip - shooting off his hat, blowing off the gun, "hello sweetie" - I WANT TO STRANGLE HER SHE IS SO ANNOYING :mad2:

Also everyone, look at this teaser :zomg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGivQ6eVfsQ

(Original post by Bella Occhi)
    River in the first clip - shooting off his hat, blowing off the gun, "hello sweetie" - I WANT TO STRANGLE HER SHE IS SO ANNOYING :mad2:

Also everyone, look at this teaser :zomg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGivQ6eVfsQ
    That's pretty old. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...php?p=30490567

And I agree, very creepy to think that there is one within the Tardis. Also supports that Lodger theory of Amy seeing one and forgetting. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    No one wants to talk about the bad compositing of a bus on to the Utah scenery in the first clip?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    No one wants to talk about the bad compositing of a bus on to the Utah scenery in the first clip?
    I can see why you say it but you can clearly see the tyres.

The second clip looks very interesting. 10 days can't come quick enough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    I can see why you say it but you can clearly see the tyres.

The second clip looks very interesting. 10 days can't come quick enough!
    I got excited and thought they were doing a cross-over with the Magic School Bus

It looks odd on the landscape, kinda looks like it's flying, but then you see the tires and the fact that the shadow connects to the bus (and so isn't off the ground) and it just looks awkward.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    I got excited and thought they were doing a cross-over with the Magic School Bus

It looks odd on the landscape, kinda looks like it's flying, but then you see the tires and the fact that the shadow connects to the bus (and so isn't off the ground) and it just looks awkward.
    Don't worry, I think it looks like it's gliding along as well :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting to think this theory of forgetting when you see them thing for The Silent has a strong bases to it, plus it kind of fits the name of "The Silent" quiet well I think so it would make sense

(Original post by JWH)
    I'm starting to think this theory of forgetting when you see them thing for The Silent has a strong bases to it, plus it kind of fits the name of "The Silent" quiet well I think so it would make sense
    Not a theory anymore. It's pretty much been cited as one of their powers by Moffat in interviews, several magazines and news articles, BBC playing cards and people who have been at the screening.

ReputationRep:
    Not a theory anymore. It's pretty much been cited as one of their powers by Moffat in interviews, several magazines and news articles, BBC playing cards and people who have been at the screening.
    ah......I should really keep up with this stuff better :laugh: though I don't like knowing to much about the new series myself as it means it's less of a surprise when I find stuff out from watching it

(Original post by JWH)
    ah......I should really keep up with this stuff better :laugh: though I don't like knowing to much about the new series myself as it means it's less of a surprise when I find stuff out from watching it
    Ha. Ah, but that's good. I really respect that. And you're in for real surprises anyway. I think the only time I was hugely surprised was Utopia and the Master's return. That was just :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    Ha. Ah, but that's good. I really respect that. And you're in for real surprises anyway. I think the only time I was hugely surprised was Utopia and the Master's return. That was just :zomg:
    There have been plenty of fan-jizz moments though. I honestly fangasmed all over the Bad Wolf bit at the end of Turn Left.

ReputationRep:

It makes me wonder whether the amount of crazy people in America is proportional or not...

0:10 - Justin Timberlake clone
    0:16 - Harry Potter meets Doctor Who
    0:28 - American Amy Pond
    0:39 - I want a doughnut. :puppyeyes:
    0:46 - lucky *******.
    0:48 - :hi:
    0:56 - Rub it in.
    0:59 - The 12th Doctor
    1:22 - They see us rollin' they lovin'
    1:57 - They have wristbands. :sad:
    2:45 - Doctor Who BeatBox Group :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Ignoramuses in the MHoC who say Matt Smith is a crap Doctor

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.