Turn on thread page Beta

The Playstation 3 Society III watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Edit:
    Driver returns... classic game back on the PS1, kinda failed ever since though. http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays...-san-francisco
    :zomg:
    Heard about this game last year but forgot about it. I've had every driver game on the PS1 and PS2 so I may pick this up when it's released.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    send me your email and i will package up the saved game data if i can find it, i was going to try and put the server file on a server at work this week if i could tho, if we both have a copy then it makes playing easier when one isnt about, however if i put it on my application server it should be on 25/7 - though i would need to give everyone the ip which might be dodgey
    Pm sent.

Surely if say, you and Mo became hosts, if you gave mo the latest files from last night, and lets say I played on the map as Mo serving now, Mo would then have the latest files, then he'd have to send you the latest files if you wanted to host.

:holmes:

Dropbox might help?
    Yeah that might work, if we make the file public on dropbox and share the link we can get the updated version off each other...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wii 2. :mmm:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13186597

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything about a possible PS4? The PS3 is so powerful and innovative I cant really see how they will improve on it. I love mine!!

ReputationRep:
    Hardly a surprise given the speculation of the past week or so, but thanks for posting the official news!

(Original post by tekno)
    Has anyone heard anything about a possible PS4? The PS3 is so powerful and innovative I cant really see how they will improve on it. I love mine!!
    I think the PS3 still has a fair bit of life in it yet - maybe we'll hear something in a year or two.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by tekno)
    It's barely powerful, can't even load the XMB without pausing the game.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer that it pauses the game rather than you having to do it. For example if your playing Fifa or Gran Turismo you would pause it before looking at the XMB anyway
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by tekno)
    I prefer that it pauses the game rather than you having to do it. For example if your playing Fifa or Gran Turismo you would pause it before looking at the XMB anyway
    True, but I was just emphasising how it can't do it anyway. :p:

PS4 should come with SSD as standard (if they exist until whenever PS4 is due). Faster loading times. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    True, but I was just emphasising how it can't do it anyway. :p:

PS4 should come with SSD as standard (if they exist until whenever PS4 is due). Faster loading times. :teeth:
    *Some* games don't pause - not that I can list any off the top of my head. :o: I dread to think what the price tag will be for the PS4 on release :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Best start saving now for the PS4 :p:

I finally managed to set up and connect to my own server for minecraft, using an executable rather than a batch file.
    But it won't matter now if mo and jd are setting something up to share hosting...least I know how to get it working now!

ReputationRep:
    So guys, any update on psn outage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewiseone)
    So guys, any update on psn outage?
    Yep, it's still not back.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one hoping for Timesplitters 4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AugustWestie)
    Yep, it's still not back.
    anyone else completey outraged?!?

I can hear the xbox 360 thread laughing at us all...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewiseone)
    anyone else completey outraged?!?

I can hear the xbox 360 thread laughing at us all...
    Laughing from about 10 pages back in the gaming forum? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    Laughing from about 10 pages back in the gaming forum? :rofl:
    Damnit! You beat me to it 10 pages back, and haven't had a post in 2 and a half months :teehee:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by d_aan)
    Am I the only one hoping for Timesplitters 4?
    I played it on my brother's Xbox once upon a time, I really liked it and was quite gutted when the company went bust iirc? But I'll be looking forward to it.

(Original post by dhr90)
    Damnit! You beat me to it 10 pages back, and haven't had a post in 2 and a half months :teehee:
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhr90)
    Is it seriously exactly 10 pages? I am psychic if it is, I didn't actually look, just picked a random number!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tekno)
    4 year old tech, there are so many areas in which Sony should have improved on the the PS3 and they still haven't.

In the first three months of 2011, PS3 held a 36% share, compared with 32% for the Wii and 31% for XBox 360.
    Late bloomer

That's just a feature within some games I think, I like it to the game not pausing and me getting owned while I read a message or something :p:

ReputationRep:
    It's too easy to cheat hosting a minecraft server, you can give yourself anything you want

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 18, 2011
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.