Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    So... who understand stats? More importantly, can anyone point me towards any resources that explain how to do a student t test in idiotproof terminology?
    Well, this site will do them for you. But as the other guy said it sounds like you want ANOVA anyway
    http://www.graphpad.com/quickcalcs/index.cfm

(Original post by Kinkerz)
    I know bugger all about statistics...
    Anyone recommend a decent book for dunces?
    Pretty dunce proof explanations of the stats, plus if you're doing an iBSc in pharmacology you'll almost certainly end up using this program.
    http://www.graphpad.com/downloads/docs/Prism5Stats.pdf

ReputationRep:
    I am sick. :puke: But not sick enough to be off tomorrow, so am sitting here thinking about how I have to get up in less than 9 hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thisismycatch22)
    Pretty dunce proof explanations of the stats, plus if you're doing an iBSc in pharmacology you'll almost certainly end up using this program.
    http://www.graphpad.com/downloads/docs/Prism5Stats.pdf
    Awesome, thanks.
    (Got to get in first...)

ReputationRep:
    So, my flatmates and I setup my xbox/my pc/friends PC in my room on my big desk and all sat from approx 4pm till now playing Skyrim. We only stopped for half hour to go get a pizza hut from next door. They've all left now so I'm sat listening to megaman 2 - Wileys stage and wondering if it's worth going to sleep or not.

Problem, medical degree?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    hungover but looked at my timetable and decide probability of scannign is high. Time to walk 3 miles with a hangover to sleep in a lecture theatre. great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    hungover but looked at my timetable and decide probability of scannign is high. Time to walk 3 miles with a hangover to sleep in a lecture theatre. great.
    How does the new Drewe lecture theatre (this firefox browser thinks theatre should be spelled theater lol) look?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    How does the new Drewe lecture theatre (this firefox browser thinks theatre should be spelled theater lol) look?
    I don't like it as less Comfortable for sleeping

Lecture canceled and no scanners. I want to cry

ReputationRep:
    The leather seats will be sorely missed :moon:

You forgot to mention that the lecture theatre has wi-fi now

Spoiler:
    Show

brb Facebook
    brb emails
    brb BBC News
    brb instant, perpetual distraction
    brb no point in going to lecture

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    So, my flatmates and I setup my xbox/my pc/friends PC in my room on my big desk and all sat from approx 4pm till now playing Skyrim. We only stopped for half hour to go get a pizza hut from next door. They've all left now so I'm sat listening to megaman 2 - Wileys stage and wondering if it's worth going to sleep or not.

Problem, medical degree?
    Love SSC Week, told you Neurobiology of Pain was a good choice

ReputationRep:
    Will be glad to see the back of this SSC this afternoon.

I must say I can't wait for the Christmas break now, knacked.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Exams tmrw :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    Question: What reasons would one have for doing the USMLE without the intention of going to the States?

Also, is revising for them a substantial (bordering on unreasonable) addition to the workload?

:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blatant Troll)
    Question: What reasons would one have for doing the USMLE without the intention of going to the States?

Also, is revising for them a substantial (bordering on unreasonable) addition to the workload?

CV purposes maybe? It's a pretty hardcore basic science test. There's no real point doing it if you have no intention of moving to the USA though. Bloody expensive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinkerz)
    CV purposes maybe?
    You'd be far better served by MRCP which would be far cheaper, a little bit harder and much more significant in this country.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got a cure for a bitten tongue? I must've bit it the other night and it's ridiculous how annoying it is - I was trying to read an admission note out loud to my tutor today and I sounded like I was half-drunk/had a mouthful of hot potatoes... :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renal)
    You'd be far better served by MRCP which would be far cheaper, a little bit harder and much more significant in this country.
    Oh I'm sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blatant Troll)

To have some actual reason to learn all the pre-clin stuff you never actually learned the first time round. And clearly having money to burn...

Apparently the answer to your second question is yes.

ReputationRep:
    my housemates have rediscovered singstar.

NOOOOOOO

strangled cats

ReputationRep:
    da*** is this? Seems like all of my old schoolmates are getting married and/or starting a family while I'll be a student for another 3.5 years.

foreveralone.jpeg

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.