Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Zurich is so averse to classless scumbags that he'd like nothing more than Arsenal to sign Suarez.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Youre trying to dodge the question because you cant give me an answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    BRB joins hated rival as AFC captain
    BRB ''Winning trophies elsewhere would mean nothing to me, I only want to win at AFC'' midway through yet another 6 month injury lay off
    BRB triples wages
    BRB plays 20 games a season for us for 8 years and moves after his first complete good season.
    BRB releases statement to weaken our negotiating position
    BRB Speaks some ****ed up Ali-G style 'street' Dutch for no apparent reason
    BRB Was a complete chav as a kid in Holland, smashing up cars etc.
    BRB Rapist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Youre trying to dodge the question because you cant give me an answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Everytime you post here. You only do it to be irritating. Sad much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    BRB joins hated rival as AFC captain
    BRB ''Winning trophies elsewhere would mean nothing to me, I only want to win at AFC'' midway through yet another 6 month injury lay off
    BRB triples wages
    BRB plays 20 games a season for us for 8 years and moves after his first complete good season.
    BRB releases statement to weaken our negotiating position
    BRB Speaks some ****ed up Ali-G style 'street' Dutch
    BRB Rapist.
    Players who are head and shoulders above the rest of the squad tend to leave for bigger clubs.
    Players say stuff like that all the time to please the fans. All in all it means nothing.
    Are you really calling someone classless for wanting a better wage? :lolwut:
    Thats normally what happens you.know... a player has a great season and leaves for bigger and better things.
    How he speaks is irrelevant.
    Youre showing yourself to be the classless one here. Disgusting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Players who are head and shoulders above the rest of the squad tend to leave for bigger clubs.
    Players say stuff like that all the time to please the fans. All in all it means nothing.
    Are you really calling someone classless for wanting a better wage? :lolwut:
    Thats normally what happens you.know... a player has a great season and leaves for bigger and better things.
    How he speaks is irrelevant.
    Youre showing yourself to be the classless one here. Disgusting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, not for Utd you dont. The day players aren't slated for doing things like that is the day I take Barca up as a 2nd club...

ReputationRep:
    Seriously we've done this to death :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    I genuinely think Suarez is telling the truth that BR promised to let him leave if they don't qualify for CL football. I think BR is just pissed off the way Suarez has gone about it and is just going back on his word.

ReputationRep:
    I'm all for signing Suarez but we as a club and as supporters need to be prepared for him to do exactly the same thing to us in two years time. If there's still a chance he'll be in Arsenal colours this season I'll cheer him on as one of us but there's no denying that what he's done this summer has been extremely bad. it's difficult for me to talk about Bale in a good way given he plays for Spurs but you have to admit he's gone about a move away with a lot more respect. He hasn't been speaking to the press every 5 minutes saying he wants to leave, he hasn't made the club look bad by being disrespectful and he's been quiet and hasn't released any statements that would weaken Spurs negotiating stance for him. Look at Suarez who might as well stick a massive neon sign on his head saying 'LIVERPOOL ARE POO PLEASE LET ME LEAVE'.

No-one in their right minds can see Suarez playing for Liverpool this season given the bridges he's burned, and similarly none of us should believe he would finish his career at the Emirates. Just food for thought that unless Giroud or Walcott do a RVP-transformation in the next couple of years (highly unlikely), we'll need to start looking for a new main striker again. I accept that very few players are loyal and so every transfer is a risk, but with some players such as Suarez it's more obvious than most. What we can hope for is to be as successful as possible whilst he decides to stick around before going to somewhere like Madrid, and then trying to get the best possible price for him to get a replacement.

I accept this is quite a cautious approach to take but it's something we all need to think about, if he does become an Arsenal player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Nah, not for Utd you dont. The day players aren't slated for doing things like that is the day I take Barca up as a 2nd club...
    Only replying to one point. :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Suarez is banned for 6 games, so we can pretty much wait till the transfer deadline with him.

Given we've activated his clause, hopefully we have already agreed terms with him.

Liverpool have to sell, as Suarez clearly doesn't want to play for them and has hit out at the club. Refusing to apologise is just the icing on the cake.

Also and for all the people licking RvP's ass, just remember it was us Arsenal fans that first called him worldclass, but most people thought we were overrating him.

He had a better season for us before he left (37 goals) compared to the season he just had (30 goals).

Arsenal have worldclass players (Cazorla and WIlshere), it's a shame that people only look at names and transfer values when judging players.

No other manager could do a better job than Wenger with Arsenal at the moment.

Mourinho couldn't win a premiership on an extremely limited budget. No chance.
    Has he refused to apologise? No apology is no apology but not necessarily a refusal.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I don't blame RvP for going. I'm glad he won a title because he most probably wouldn't have with us. He's a world class player and he deserves to be surrounded by other world class players who you know will perform week in week out just like you. RvP didn't have those assurances at Arsenal.

I'd rather him move on and win something than being like Gerrard at Liverpool where he's won very little when you consider his overall quality - a single champions league being the big one but is football about just one special night.

The way he left was regrettable. He weakened our position only slightly, but our position was already weakened by our inability to renew his contract sooner. Very few clubs were going to pay more than £25m for RvP when you consider he could run down his contract for a year. The new club could then offer him a huge signing on fee and the exiting club would get nothing. No one else was in for him apart from United and City. Juve only wanted to pay £15m and United weren't in the same league as us last season - we were never title challengers.

We can always be winners in the fact that it was Arsenal who turned this injury prone, suspected rapist, youngster with anger issues into a world class footballer. I'm not bitter for one second. He went to United, not Spurs and if his goals didn't get us UCL football, who knows where we might be today. We could be like Liverpool. (Scary prospect).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Nice to see Suarez refusing to apologies

I hope Wenger can free free him from slavery.
    #FreeSuarez

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Only replying to one point. :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's painfully clear for all to see that he's still very bitter about Van Persie joining United, and him joining United is literally the only reason he has for calling him a 'classless scumbag'. The hypocrisy is delicious :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Has he refused to apologise? No apology is no apology but not necessarily a refusal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lolwut?

If someone says to apologise and you don't, you've automatically said no metaphorically and thus refused. When someone makes an demand, you oblige or refuse.

Cavani's comments were interesting. I'm sure he wouldn't lie to his close friends about this 'gentlemen's agreement', that's why I don't think it's the end of the transfer saga. Seems like Liverpool owe him than the other way around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noone29)
    Lolwut?

If someone says to apologise and you don't, you've automatically said no metaphorically and thus refused. When someone makes an demand, you oblige or refuse.

Cavani's comments were interesting. I'm sure he wouldn't lie to his close friends about this 'gentlemen's agreement', that's why I don't think it's the end of the transfer saga. Seems like Liverpool owe him than the other way around.
    Or he got his mate to do him a favour and talk to the press.......

You don't verbally agree one thing then have something completely different written into a contract, football agents aren't idiots.

ReputationRep:
    "Say sorry or we won't let you play for the club"

Brendan Rodgers. Football manager and genius.

ReputationRep:
    We can always be winners in the fact that it was Arsenal who turned this injury prone, suspected rapist, youngster with anger issues into a world class footballer.
    Why should us fans give a dam about this? We're not a bloody nursery.
    It was made all the worse him leaving to a rival club after we made him the player he was. Before 2011 noone would have said van persie was a top 5 striker, now some people will say he's no 1.
    This has been discussed to death last summer and am so bored of it
    I hope we can get a world class player like Suarez as we don't have any match winners at the moment who can make something out of nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lolwut?

Already been confirmed Liverpools interpretation is correct and are you really surprised Suarez is lying? The dude is a massive **** don't know why you can't get it through your head hes lying.

Cavani is his friend hes not going to come out and say Suarez you're wrong :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    If Suarez did the same thing to us, that would mean he'd probably be a success for us for at least two seasons.

I'd take that, we'd also sell at a premium, which we'd be able to reinvest in.

Liverpool are not good enough to attract big names, so if Suarez leaves them, they'd rot and die into mid-table.

Suarez is their last hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Given we've activated his clause, hopefully we have already agreed terms with him.
    Enlighten me.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.