Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Hadnt realised that Ramsey, Ozil, AOC, Cazorla and Wilshere had been sold.

Imagine adding Fabregas to that, if that's the solution then wtf is the question exactly? When we were getting dicked over at Anfield/SB, it wasnt for lack of Cesc Fabregas that's certain.

Not to say that Wenger doesnt need to get the chequebook out, just that he has other fish to fry.
    1. Cazorla and fabregas won't be playing in the same position
    2. Aoc barely plays cm he's had some atrocious games there this season
    3. There was parts of the season where an arteta/flamini midfield was used and it was absolutely atrocious
    4. Fabregas is far far better than wilshere
    5. Other top clubs have far more midfield talent that us does that make them stop buying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Ox shouldn't play centrally, a few good games down the middle doesn't make that his position, as for Diaby....lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And who are you to say what his best position is?

Players change positions during their careers. Messi started on the right, Henry on the left, Carragher up front, et cetera.

Laugh at Diaby as much as you want, but he'll eventually return. Throw Rosicky into the mix who can play there if needs be and it's not as if we're back to Arteta-Flamini if 'Wilshere, Ramsey and Ozil are injured' - not that Ozil would play there anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    And who are you to say what his best position is?

Players change positions during their careers. Messi started on the right, Henry on the left, Carragher up front, et cetera.

Laugh at Diaby as much as you want, but he'll eventually return. Throw Rosicky into the mix who can play there if needs be and it's not as if we're back to Arteta-Flamini if 'Wilshere, Ramsey and Ozil are injured' - not that Ozil would play there anyway.
    Ox is considerably better on the wings than he is centrally.

Diaby shouldn't even he considered, he's never fit and Arsene's dependence on him in previous seasons has massively hampered us.

Rosicky is a bit part player and if we had some serious injuries for a lengthy amount of time, him filling in wouldn't fill me with confidence.

To win the league you need a squad not just a good starting XI, we don't have the required depth to sustain a serious push, that was shown this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    I get that, but what's the obsession with players spouting complete drivel to the fans then? What on Earth possessed Fab/RVP to come out with the Tony Adams II stuff when surely they knew it was nonsense.

Adebayor in many ways was completely justified to do what he did, he was being given terrible, and personal, abuse by our fans to whom he owed nothing. He never pretended to love the club and I have more respect for that than for Cesc/RVP.
    Just don't read into it. If everyday people had the press quoting our every word then we would all have said things that make us look like mugs a few years down the line. People change. Arsenal changed. Look at the Arsenal RVP joined and the one he left for example. From the likes of Henry and Vieira to dross like Gervinho. As for Fabregas, I'm sure he does have a soft spot for Arsenal and would have been happy to come back if we had wanted him. We didn't though, and he's just gone for the next best thing, which unfortunately happens to be Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    1. Cazorla and fabregas won't be playing in the same position
    2. Aoc barely plays cm he's had some atrocious games there this season
    3. There was parts of the season where an arteta/flamini midfield was used and it was absolutely atrocious
    4. Fabregas is far far better than wilshere
    5. Other top clubs have far more midfield talent that us does that make them stop buying?
    1. How do you get Fabregas, Ozil and Ramsey in the same team? None of those three will want to be on the bench for any extended amount of time.

2. I agree Ox shouldn't be considered at CM but we have enough depth there anyway.

3. The only reason we had to go Arteta and Flamini was down to a freak injury crisis in our midfield.

4. I seem to remember Wilshere outperforming Fabregas once or twice in his breakthrough season. Obviously Cesc is a better and more proven player but Wilshere has loads of ability and he can't even get in the team as it is.

5. You can't compare us to Chelsea, City, Bayern, Barca and Madrid when they have vastly superior resources.

ReputationRep:
    The thing about having a squad is that u don't play everyone every game. U rotate when necessary to reduce fatigue and injuries. U need multiple good players for each position to do that. We don't have that and aren't trying to get that, as shown by not getting Fabregas.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Chirico)
    1. How do you get Fabregas, Ozil and Ramsey in the same team? None of those three will want to be on the bench for any extended amount of time.

2. I agree Ox shouldn't be considered at CM but we have enough depth there anyway.

3. The only reason we had to go Arteta and Flamini was down to a freak injury crisis in our midfield.

4. I seem to remember Wilshere outperforming Fabregas once or twice in his breakthrough season. Obviously Cesc is a better and more proven player but Wilshere has loads of ability and he can't even get in the team as it is.

5. You can't compare us to Chelsea, City, Bayern, Barca and Madrid when they have vastly superior resources.
    You also have 'vastly superior resources' - 300 million that has accumulated over the past decade with little being spent. Wenger loves to sign 15 year old stars from the French league and all those free transfers. The Ozil signing was just to keep the Arsenal fans quiet so he can go another 5 seasons without spending more than 10 million on a player.

ReputationRep:

1. Play a 4-2-2-2
    2. Obviously not if arteta consistently plays there
    3. Wilsheres performances are overhyped because he is English he is nowhere near the level of fabregas
    4. Arsenal have 150mil in the bank and similar resources to bayern

cesc can also play as a false 9 and in a deep lying position

dress it up whatever way you want 28.4mil for one of the best midfielders in the world who wants to play for us ludicrous decision making not to sign him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

This has been made into too much of a big deal

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We told you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleveradam)
    You also have 'vastly superior resources' - 300 million that has accumulated over the past decade with little being spent. Wenger loves to sign 15 year old stars from the French league and all those free transfers. The Ozil signing was just to keep the Arsenal fans quiet so he can go another 5 seasons without spending more than 10 million on a player.
    Where did you get this 300m figure from? We've been paying off the stadium which cost almost 400m over the last decade. Now, we've nearly paid off the debt and renewed our sponsorship and kit deals to ones that are very competitive. So yes, we have some more money to spend on quality players now, but we still can't afford to blow 30m on a player who doesn't fit in the team, or address any of its problems.

The rest of your post is pretty much a load of *******s so I won't even bother to respond to it.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how people think Fabregas wouldn't be a good signing cos we have other centre mids.

When u can buy a world class centre mid better than all you have got. U buy that centre mid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Webster2002)
    I don't understand how people think Fabregas wouldn't be a good signing cos we have other centre mids.

When u can buy a world class centre mid better than all you have got. U buy that centre mid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You do realise there are different roles in a midfield right? We need to sign a midfielder with good defensive positioning and tackling ability. This is pretty much the opposite of Fabregas. Arteta has been playing this role for us the last few years and even he is being played out of position.

ReputationRep:
    We should buy Bernard from Shakhtar.

ReputationRep:
    Several ways. You could play a 4-3-3 with them as the three. That way it doesn't matter that you don't have a DM as you have three in the middle so it's more solid defensively than 2.

You could continue with the 4-2-3-1 and have Fabregas as a false 9.

You could play 4-2-2-2 with Ramsey in the deep two, Ozil in the attacking mid two and Fab either in the attacking mid two or in the striking two.

Anyway, you're Arsenal, one of them will be injured for a while.

ReputationRep:
    The trolls are out in force.....

ReputationRep:
    1. Play a 4-2-2-2
    2. Obviously not if arteta consistently plays there
    3. Wilsheres performances are overhyped because he is English he is nowhere near the level of fabregas
    4. Arsenal have 150mil in the bank and similar resources to bayern

cesc can also play as a false 9 and in a deep lying position

dress it up whatever way you want 28.4mil for one of the best midfielders in the world who wants to play for us ludicrous decision making not to sign him
    Arteta / Flamini's position is the one that needs to be improved on with a better defensive midfielder. We have two of the worlds best creative midfield talents already in Ozil and Ramsey.

Our team has obvious problems. Signing Fabregas solves none of them. I don't understand how you could have watched us this season and not realise this.

ReputationRep:
    Arteta / Flamini's position is the one that needs to be improved on with a better defensive midfielder. We have two of the worlds best creative midfield talents already in Ozil and Ramsey.

Our team has obvious problems. Signing Fabregas solves none of them. I don't understand how you could have watched us this season and not realise this.
    A dm isn't the reason arsenal kept getting spanked don't tell me you buy in to this dm *******s I suggest you go back and take a look at the goals conceded. Why do arsenal need a dm away but seem to manage fine at home I'll give you a clue is starts with tac and ends with tics. Fabregas was a cheap world class midfielder who wanted to play for the club and could easily of been accommodated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Several ways. You could play a 4-3-3 with them as the three. That way it doesn't matter that you don't have a DM as you have three in the middle so it's more solid defensively than 2.

You could continue with the 4-2-3-1 and have Fabregas as a false 9.

You could play 4-2-2-2 with Ramsey in the deep two, Ozil in the attacking mid two and Fab either in the attacking mid two or in the striking two.

Anyway, you're Arsenal, one of them will be injured for a while.
    Your first suggestion would mean sacrificing Ramsey's attacking ability as he is the only one out of the three who can actually put in a tackle.

As for number two, why would you want to play a midfielder up front ahead of Ozil? It doesn't complement his play style at all. You're only suggesting that because Fabregas played there at Barca, a completely different team.

The 4-2-2-2 works on FIFA but in real life we would have no width and no pace and be vulnerable on the flanks.

ReputationRep:
    A dm isn't the reason arsenal kept getting spanked don't tell me you buy in to this dm *******s I suggest you go back and take a look at the goals conceded. Why do arsenal need a dm away but seem to manage fine at home I'll give you a clue is starts with tac and ends with tics. Fabregas was a cheap world class midfielder who wanted to play for the club and could easily of been accommodated.
    If you're acknowledging that our tactics were the reason we got spanked, you'll agree we need a more defensive overall approach away from home against the big teams. Soak up pressure better and counter attack with Ozil and pace out wide. So we need to sign a midfielder who is suited to playing defensively. Not Fabregas.

ReputationRep:
    Your first suggestion would mean sacrificing Ramsey's attacking ability as he is the only one out of the three who can actually put in a tackle.

As for number two, why would you want to play a midfielder up front ahead of Ozil? It doesn't complement his play style at all. You're only suggesting that because Fabregas played there at Barca, a completely different team.

The 4-2-2-2 works on FIFA but in real life we would have no width and no pace and be vulnerable on the flanks.
    Number 2: It could work well as long as you have pace on the wings, which you do in Walcott, Ox and possibly a new signing. Fab has played there with Iniesta in behind, that's similar to having Ozil in behind.

4-2-2-2 worked for City with similar players in Silva and Nasri. Also if Fabregas plays as one of the front 2, that leaves space for Walcott to play in the AM 2 and provide some pace and width.

Wenger dun goofed

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.