Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connieiscrazy)
    I hope so. I'm sure they know what they're doing and are just taking their time with so much at stake. You're the only person I know who has heard direct from Hugh's, everyone else is still waiting. Which subject did you apply for?
    PPE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mld120)
    Is anyone applying for English at St Hilda's?
    I'm applying for English at st Hugh's, I know it's not the same lol but they're quite similar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oakflame)
    STORT GRATTIS :hugs:
    Tack så mycket!!

ReputationRep:
    I feel like all these people being moved to St Hugh's bodes poorly for me...
    Although, to be fair, I was allocated St Hugh's when I made an open application

ReputationRep:
    Interview at Exeter for History and English ! Any of you other guys doing Hist + Eng heard yet ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cathyobrien98)
    Yeah good luck to you! yes definitely, I haven't heard of anyone else applying for arch and anth at Keble, so maybe we will be lucky! No I only realised I wanted to study it half way through the AS exams lol. I don't think they would because its such a multi-disciplinary subject that almost any combination would work. What A levels are you studying?
    yeah as far as im concerned its not overly over subscribed (relatively, for oxford anyway) - i heard like 80 % of applicants get an interview so hopefully haha!

ahh, cool! and not all colleges offer it as far as i know! im doing english lit, history and archaeology. what about you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying to Queen's to read History.

Has anyone applying to Queen's heard anything about interview invitations??

ReputationRep:
    I got an email yesterday from Pembroke for studying Chinese and I was invited to interview!!! I AM SO HAPPY!!! 😊😁
    And I've also received an offer from University of Manchester! 💜

ReputationRep:
    I see loads of Orientalists, but is anyone specifically doing Arabic?

ReputationRep:
    I am! Do you know when we hear back??? Literally dying.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for English at Wadham last year and hear at like 6pm on the Friday so hopefully you'll hear tomorrow!
    That's good to hear thanks . I'm also applying for English! Do you know what percentages of applicants get interviews normally?

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone applying for English at St Hilda's?
    I am. Still haven't heard back??? Slowly dying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chsdg)
    yeah as far as im concerned its not overly over subscribed (relatively, for oxford anyway) - i heard like 80 % of applicants get an interview so hopefully haha!

ahh, cool! and not all colleges offer it as far as i know! im doing english lit, history and archaeology. what about you?
    Yeah I think only like 7 colleges offer it because its a bit random! Ah cool! you're lucky my school doesn't offer archaeology I take Art, Geography and English Lit What other unis did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tesstickles2727)
    I'm applying for English at st Hugh's, I know it's not the same lol but they're quite similar
    Haha, fair enough!! Have you heard yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parky98)
    I'm applying to Queen's to read History.

Has anyone applying to Queen's heard anything about interview invitations??
    http://www.queens.ox.ac.uk/admissions/applications/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simbasdragon)
    That's good to hear thanks . I'm also applying for English! Do you know what percentages of applicants get interviews normally?

I can't remember the exact numbers (they're online somewhere), but last year in Oxford out of ~1000 applicants, ~400 got interviews... So less than half 😅

ReputationRep:
    Haha, fair enough!! Have you heard yet?
    What made you choose st Hilda's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crose)
    I just got my rejection. Congratulations to you, though! Good luck in the interview!
    No way, I was rooting for you crose! (Your Breakfast Club profile picture had me onside from the start :') ) Hope you're okay, at least you haven't been rejected from Oxford Brookes!

ReputationRep:
    Applied for English at Brasenose but have got an interview for Lincoln!! I think it's because six people from my people applied to Brasenose 😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jjrw1998)
    Has anyone got an email about English as Brasenose yet?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGeqEphxIS8

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.