The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't think £16m is that bad for Welbeck tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
May as well have bought Balotelli or Remy for that price.
Kris Olsson set to join FC Midtjylland on season long loan,

Original post by DDan123
Okay here's one. Does anyone think Welbeck has the POTENTIAL to be a class forward??

Posted from TSR Mobile

No.
9anny Welbeck
definitely episode 3 anakine level atm
If you pay anywhere near £16m for Welbz, then it really does beg the question; why did you not go for Balotelli?
Balotelli: 14 in 30, including penalties, from upfront, in a weaker league
Welbeck: 9 in 25, no pens, mostly played on the wing
Balotelli is a "bargain"
Welbeck is "overpriced"

lol wot?
Inb4 Welbeck is underrated.
'deal agreed in principle for welbeck'

Great.. realy glad about that actually - I like welbeck, and have confidence he will be good for us.

He is good defensivly, can put in a good shift, not bad at holding the ball up.. and although I would say (for a striker) his weakest area is scoring.. he is still a league better then sanogo..

He has pace, which will be very different from giroud, and when I have seen him play upfront for united, and not be shafted to the wing, I remember him getting a run of games last season, and actually scoring quite well.

- Happy with that.

But still utterly dissapointed in the lack of CB and more importantly DM/CDM
Original post by manchesterunited15
Balotelli: 14 in 30, including penalties, from upfront, in a weaker league
Welbeck: 9 in 25, no pens, mostly from the wing

Balotelli is a "bargain"
Welbeck is "overpriced"

lol wot?

I've lost count of how many times I've said this as well

The clown got something like 8 goals from open play last season
Welbeck should be good for you.

Wenger will get stick for it though. It has 'Panic Buy' written all over it.
Original post by Peggles_*

No.

I agree, I think he is a limited player, he will hold up the ball and use his pace and work hard for the team. Daniel Nii Tackie Mensah Welbeck is approaching 24 will improve somewhat but I think he will do well when you counter attack but could struggled against a packed defence as he seems to thrive more when there is space and he can use his pace to exploit the defence.
If you had bought him earlier in the window, I think 10-12 m would be fair but I think due to keeping it last minute I think 13-15 m is a fair price so you have slightly overpaid imo.
(edited 9 years ago)
1 hour and 15 minutes left, and we still have arteta/flamini rotating for a starting position..

And still have only 6 defenders.. (total)
Original post by fallen_acorns
1 hour and 15 minutes left, and we still have arteta/flamini rotating for a starting position..

Chambers CDM?
Original post by sevchenko
Chambers CDM?

So no centre back cover

Posted from TSR Mobile
why all you man suddenly started hating on Vengah?

took a 6-0 defeat for you all to realise that he's a senile buffoon

Also btw Lpool paid £16m for Balo and £12m for Sturridge, and Bony was available for £20m, definitely better value out there than Welbz but it's a standard price for a decent player I guess.
Original post by fallen_acorns

Koscienly, Debuchy, Chambers, Mertesaker, Gibbs, Monreal. Then a couple of reserves in Bellerin and Hayden. Looks a little bare tbh, only really 3 center backs and 3 full backs with a few reserves and chambers being able to play as a fullback/center back/cdm.
(edited 9 years ago)
Sandro went for £6m, why weren't you all over that?
Lol @ all you Gooners who slated Welbeck. He's yours now

Posted from TSR Mobile
United sign Falcao (albeit on loan) and we sign Welbeck. I've had it, I throw in the towel. Wenger must go, he's lost it.

Latest