Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Lol! Vieira with the Wenger curse in his hands as his club lose 7-0 AT HOME. either that or NYC's mercenaries in Lampard, Pirlo and Villa let the team down
    Yes, because this is a completely logical assumption to make isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Lol this thread....

Remember that saying "never play chess with a pigeon, becuase they'll knock the pieces over, **** on the board and act like they've won"? Watching Rizzo and Shed argue on here is like watching 2 pigeons playing chess against each other.

As for taking Europa League seriously, sure winning it is a bigger acomplishment than winning the CS (although losing in the final isn't lol), but no one should take a competition seriously where the pre requisite for entry is either being a bit **** in your domestic league the season before, or really **** in your cl group stage that year.
    It's like those football tournaments you played in as a kid, where if you came 3rd in your group of 4 teams you went into the "plate" competition against the other *******s. Only the real special kids would celbrate winning the plate, if you have any self respect you'd throw your "winners" medal away, because all it is is proof that you're worse than half the teams that entered....
    Basically what I'm saying is the EL should be called the Europa Plate, so everyone can understand it's a nothing trophy you should be ashamed to win

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    just had a pack of blue m&ms feelsgoodman, whats goin on in here then pals? nice to see any form of optimism in this thread shot down lold

allow it the peanut ones are the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Funny thing is, under Wenger, Arsenal have never been bad enough domestically or in Europe to qualify for Europa league.

I can't believe a Liverpool fan wants to talk about a lack of progress.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999%E...32000_UEFA_Cup
    Stop chatting ****. You are looking at the precursor of the europa league which had the same rules to qualify before the name change.

ReputationRep:
    Last man rule has changed! Sadly Mertesacker read the script too early

ReputationRep:
    What the hell is this crap.

Would rather not win a trophy then the Europa League? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'd rather be in the champions league knockouts even if my team lost in the r16 each yead (which we do) than win the Europa league

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Yes, I'd rather be in the champions league knockouts even if my team lost in the r16 each yead (which we do) than win the Europa league
    Hella lot of ambition :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    yead

ReputationRep:
    Lol i'd rather be in the champions league every year then win 1 europa league and be out of the CL for 99% of the time.

Anyone who disagrees is deluded.

ReputationRep:
    We would take the Europa League seriously if we were in it (like we did 16 years ago). We're just never in the Europa League now because we're always getting out of the group stages of the CL. We lose in the next round, so what? We're still better than those who finished third in their groups (or last).

ReputationRep:
    The winning mentality of Arsenal fans is astounding...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    It's almost as if they've won way too many European trophies... 🤔

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The.Joker)
    It's almost as if they've won way too many European trophies...
    (Original post by Lúcio)

It's almost as if Liverpool actually won the Europa this year

ReputationRep:
    ^classic Arsenal fan

No response so has to deflect and bang on about other clubs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Tbf you have to completely fail in order to get into the Europa League in the first place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Tbf you have to completely fail in order to get into the Europa League in the first place
    My team literally knocked yours out...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    and yet which one won a trophy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    And that's literally irrelevant to the conversation? Don't think anyone's denying that Europa League finalists is better than Europa League quarter finalists lol

ReputationRep:
    Xhaka!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.