The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7620
lucio i can feel your saltiness coming
******* wow DDG
Original post by NathanW18
Luke is so pissed right now.

Why am I pissed?

I've been saying all night you'd played well and you definitely deserve to win.
Is an opposing fan commenting on good performances suddenly counting as salt?
Rashford>>>

TFM >>>>>

Dave >>>>>>>>>>

WAZZZAAAAAAAAAA
Original post by Lúcio
Why am I pissed?

I've been saying all night you'd played well and you definitely deserve to win.
Is an opposing fan commenting on good performances suddenly counting as salt?

The De Gea saves. You're not really a salty opposing team supporter.
Original post by Lúcio
That was absolute quality by Rashford.
Imagine if Messi has scored that - people would be going mental.

Deserved lead.

Luke speaking the truth. Luke got hacked?
The De Gea saves. You're not really a salty opposing team supporter.

Not really - I openly state he's an amazing keeper who is top 2 in the world.

I think the only salt comes from how a player so amazing can play for a United side so poor. Then again, I suppose you guys must've felt something similar when we had Suarez.
Good result, good performance. Could've been different without DDG saves but he's doing his job and I'd say on balance you deserved to win.
LVG always seems to win a big game when he needs to, fair play.

Lingard and Rashford were outstanding. The former was poor in front of goal but the latter had pretty much everything you'd want to see.
I feel like this season it's actually your younger players which have excelled the most and produced your best performances.

Martial was poor in all honesty. Completely overshadowed by the aforementioned pair.
Meanwhile Neuer doing this:
https://vine.co/v/itzmhEmQeHg
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lúcio
Not really - I openly state he's an amazing keeper who is top 2 in the world.

I think the only salt comes from how a player so amazing can play for a United side so poor. Then again, I suppose you guys must've felt something similar when we had Suarez.

Yeah, I know.

I don't think your posts here are full of salt. You're usually not trolling when you post here, which can be rare when other supporters post in a club thread.

I didn't really care in all honesty. I like to see top quality players playing in the Premier League. De Gea will leave soon anyway. Just happy we have him here atm.
Yeah, I know.

I don't think your posts here are full of salt. You're usually not trolling when you post here, which can be rare when other supporters post in a club thread.

I didn't really care in all honesty. I like to see top quality players playing in the Premier League. De Gea will leave soon anyway. Just happy we have him here atm.

Meh, I don't particularly like United but I've never been one to openly deny a decent performance. I never "want" players to do well at your club but there comes a time when regardless of who you support, you just have to stand up and applaud saves like those from DDG or finishes like that from Rashford.

It's a joy to have a player of that quality in the league. Obviously I'd prefer I'm to play for anybody else, but it's great for the league.
It's a shame he'll leave in the summer - United simply aren't among the best clubs in the world anymore and fans have to accept that. They'll come back for sure, but for now they need to understand that it's a step up to go to the likes of Bayern/Barca/Madrid.
Fosu-Mensah seems a real talent. He may be playing without fear due to his career being so fledgling, a la Rashford, but he seems a great player full of potential. One to watch out for definitely.

I actually thought you were incredibly effective tonight - and that's surprising, given that I was banking on West Ham to do you over once I saw your XI.

You were full of pace, and Lingard was terrific. Lovely feet by Rashford, and a tremendous finish to boot. You seemed to be playing without fear, but maybe that's because your back was against the wall pre-match. You seemed to play without the usual shackles we've come to see from a LVG United side.

You should win the FA Cup now.
Original post by Mackay
Fosu-Mensah seems a real talent. He may be playing without fear due to his career being so fledgling, a la Rashford, but he seems a great player full of potential. One to watch out for definitely.

I actually thought you were incredibly effective tonight - and that's surprising, given that I was banking on West Ham to do you over once I saw your XI.

You were full of pace, and Lingard was terrific. Lovely feet by Rashford, and a tremendous finish to boot. You seemed to be playing without fear, but maybe that's because your back was against the wall pre-match. You seemed to play without the usual shackles we've come to see from a LVG United side.

You should win the FA Cup now.

Everton are a pretty decent side. Until we beat them, I won't be all that confident that we can win it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
@Mackay
Lingard was not terrific.
Poor touches, bottled a sitter and almost cost us the game when he handed Payet a chance on the plate.
Herrera was off the pace too.

DDG=BAE.
Wish Man United were a less aggressive team. Diving, elbows, just a bit pathetic tbh. Used to be such an inspirational team to watch.

Sad to see a passionate team like West Ham to go, but oh well doesn't effect me.

Rashfords goal was nice, but when commentators compare him, after a few decent goals, to absolute legends like Giggs and Owen, I want to rip their faces off.
Original post by qasidb
Everton are a pretty decent side. Until we beat them, I won't be all that confident that we can win it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everton are terrible, absolute bottlers.
They were good earlier in the season but they're awful now to be honest.

You'll beat them easily and the final will be easier still.

Don't particularly want you to win a trophy but the silver lining would be the extra EL place which would help.
Original post by Lúcio

It's a shame he'll leave in the summer - United simply aren't among the best clubs in the world anymore and fans have to accept that. They'll come back for sure, but for now they need to understand that it's a step up to go to the likes of Bayern/Barca/Madrid.

I don't think De Gea is leaving. Where would he go?
None of the teams you listed need a keeper, Especially one who would cost as much as we would want for De Gea. Navas has had a very good season for madrid. Barca have ter stergen and Bravo. Bayern have Neuer.
Original post by Seabear11
I don't think De Gea is leaving. Where would he go?
None of the teams you listed need a keeper, Especially one who would cost as much as we would want for De Gea. Navas has had a very good season for madrid. Barca have ter stergen and Bravo. Bayern have Neuer.

I don't think money is an issue for these clubs, especially not when you're talking about the 2nd best keeper in the world (arguably the best on performance this season).

Madrid don't care how well you perform, they'll ditch you when somebody better comes along regardless, like they do with their managers.
Bravo/ter Stegen have absolutely nothing on DDG.
Neuer has been shaky of late but he's obviously a legendary keeper and Bayern won't lose faith.

He'll be gone this summer, no point denying it.
Rashford's goal was excellent - never thought he had that sort of finishing finesse in him, right in the top corner opening up his body beautifully. Fosu-Mensah impressive yet again, get the feeling he could become a good midfielder in the future which I think is his original position when he's played lower down the ranks, could be wrong.

West Ham were always likely to leave space for us to attack and we controlled the game barring the nervy finish. Lingard needs to find his shooting boots sooner than later.

LVG always gets a result when he most needs it although I imagine that's also players' pride kicking in and wanting to get a good result as well.
Original post by Lúcio
I don't think money is an issue for these clubs, especially not when you're talking about the 2nd best keeper in the world (arguably the best on performance this season).

Madrid don't care how well you perform, they'll ditch you when somebody better comes along regardless, like they do with their managers.
Bravo/ter Stegen have absolutely nothing on DDG.
Neuer has been shaky of late but he's obviously a legendary keeper and Bayern won't lose faith.

He'll be gone this summer, no point denying it.

naaaah

Latest