Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam72)
    Wow cheers for that! Care to divulge?
    Hey don't worry about it, he's being a todge.

You've got a fair chance, although (almost) all applicants are good - it's very difficult to predict!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grademe)
    Don't mind him, he's just in a pessimistic mood
    I am relatively ignorant as far as actuarial science is concerned, but your GCSEs might be a problem ( I applied for L101, so immediately jumps out at me). Your A-levels seem good, Further Maths is probarbly seen as essential for this course? You have a decent chance
    Thanks, yeh I know, the C was in Latin though, possibly the worst 2years of my life!!
    And thanks beef_eater but I'm not that good at picking up sarcasm when I'm this stressed aaaaaah!! Just glad I haven't been rejected yet. Does anyone know by when they normally give out all the decisions? The anticipation is killing me, I'm on track every 5 minutes!!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, yeh I know, the C was in Latin though, possibly the worst 2years of my life!!
    And thanks beef_eater but I'm not that good at picking up sarcasm when I'm this stressed aaaaaah!! Just glad I haven't been rejected yet. Does anyone know by when they normally give out all the decisions? The anticipation is killing me, I'm on track every 5 minutes!!
    meant to be by the 31st March I think...I know the stress is rubbish!

Anyone heard anything today?

ReputationRep:
    rejections will come next Monday/Tuesday with offers following on that Friday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beef_Eater)
    rejections will come next Monday/Tuesday with offers following on that Friday.
    how do you know?

ReputationRep:
    thats been the pattern so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tashminda)
    how do you know?
    Of course this is not definite. However; statistically the pattern we formed in this thread seems to confirm the statement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serocan)
    Of course this is not definite. However; statistically the pattern we formed in this thread seems to confirm the statement.
    OK, thanks for clarifying that.

ReputationRep:
    New to the forum - are most here applying for undergrad or are there some grad school applicants here too?

I applied to MSc Economic History - received an unconditional offer! I applied early January and received the offer online Jan 29 (no email notification, just had to go to the LSE site), I received the letter in the mail Friday Feb 13.

Curious if there is anyone else here considering the same/similar program, would love to pick your brain.

ReputationRep:
    Undergrad mainly sorry =/

But congratulations

ReputationRep:
    I'm applyin to do actuarial science!
    I got 4A* 4A 2B & C at GCSE
    4A at AS (Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Psychology)
    A in A2 maths and Predicted 4A (Further Maths, Chemistry, Physics, GS)
    What do you think my chances are?
    Will they not like the fact that I haven't taken economics or any other social science type subject.
    Thanks!!
    You're doing Psychology, which IMO is firmly placed in the social sciences category.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ss281)
    nobodys heard for VL31 Economics and economic history
    hi!
    When did you apply? and what are your grades like? and did you get a gathered pile email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninety_nine)
    You're doing Psychology, which IMO is firmly placed in the social sciences category.
    Yes but I only did it at AS.
    Hoping to hear from them soon!

ReputationRep:
    has anyone applied or got offers for Government and economics?

ReputationRep:
    What will you guys do if you get rejected?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cactus_c)
    Go somewhere else...

ReputationRep:
    Go somewhere else...
    This

and I always have a nice bottle somewhere around, can be used both ways

ReputationRep:
    it seems that nobody heard today?
    when may be the next rej/ofer day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 284632692)
    it seems that nobody heard today?
    when may be the next rej/ofer day?
    Probably next Monday/Tuesday, although there is a possibility it will be on Friday. Probably rejections.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Srije)
    UCL - rejected cos i applied to cambridge (this is true, i dont need an argument about how i know etc etc, just believe it. nd to be honest im not gonna choose UCL or Warwick anyway this year, so i guess UCL were correct in rejecting me even tho their reasons should not be based on whether i will choose them or not!!!)

Cambridge - v.unlucky- made a little error in the interview but still i thought i did enough to get an offer through the pool, obviously not tho.
    If i get rejected from LSE this year (which i will be extremely pissed off about), im gonna make sure i get into cambridge next year.
    So you were obtuse enough in your interview for UCL or your whole personal statement to declare that you will be not choosing UCL irrespective of your other offers?

If that is not the case your contention is pointless and the reasons supporting the contention ridiculous.

I think you should reconsider your attitude. You seem to think you know why Cambridge and UCL rejected you and seem surprised that they did not accept you.

Furthermore, you won’t make sure you get into Cambridge next year. You will try again in a fallible fashion like everybody else and the pseudo-overconfidence you have will not help you.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 24, 2009
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.