Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There's no question that we're a better team when we have Cesc - but it's not so noticeable that we'd do that much worse.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    There's no question that we're a better team when we have Cesc - but it's not so noticeable that we'd do that much worse.
    Compared to when he's on form there's a very noticeable difference IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    Compared to when he's on form there's a very noticeable difference IMO.
    Aye, but that can be said of any top-class footballer.

Man U are devastating when Rooney's on form, likewise Chelsea with Drogba.

ReputationRep:
    Just change the system when Cesc leaves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colonel.)
    Just change the system when Cesc leaves.
    I expect Ramsay to become his replacement. Assuming he's not in absolute pain like Diaby and Eduardo are after they were hatchetted.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, at the moment we're reliant on Cesc because the system is based around him. We could easily put someone like Nasri there but would have to adapt how we play because he doesn't possess cesc's passing ability.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)
    Big deal, small teams beat big teams all the while. Wolves beat Man U.

But next season you could be in the Championship, next season we could be reigning champions. Which is the better position?

Reigning champions HAHAA.. your having a laugh!! Arsenal don't have the bottle to win the title. They couldn't even beat Small Heath for carling cup.

ReputationRep:
    Premier league next season, you're having a laugh!!!

small clubs like WBA hardly ever get to major finals, so this is another plus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hantheman)
    Have you watched him play recently? He gives the ball away more than any other player we have.
    Admittedly he hasnt played to well but others have played worse as him but will never get blamed. Where is the criticisim for Gibbs who has been awful lately. How can you expect him to play well if he never gets a run of games and when he does play the odd game; he get played out of position?

ReputationRep:
    Ramsey gets the Captain's armband for the game against England :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Do any of you think Fabregas will be off at the end of the season?

Also, how many years does he have left on his contract?

He may want to move to Barca but where's he going to fit in? He'll be a bench warmer and someone as good as Fabregas shouldn't be/won't be happy being a bench warmer. He's best staying at Arsenal even if he will end up winning only the Carling Cup and/or FA Cup

ReputationRep:
    4 years left I think. And yes I think he'll be gone this summer, but for 40 mill+.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think he'll be gone this summer, he'll see out another year and then go.

ReputationRep:
    If Barca win the CL this year, he'll do an Henry and bugger off.

I don't think he'll go either. One more season, I think.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by marcusmerehay)
      I don't think he'll be gone this summer, he'll see out another year and then go.
      Why do you think he'll have another season at Arsenal?

Tbh I'd be very uncertain about what to do if I was Fabregas. He is far from being guaranteed a starting place for Barca, given how good their midfield is...

Or he could stay at Arsenal, with a strong chance of Arsenal continuing their barren run when it comes to winning titles and other silverware. Man City are on the up, it seems Chelsea are starting to rehabilitate themselves...

Or, if not Barca, then where? It wouldn't be a move to another PL club, surely. Meh.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
      Why do you think he'll have another season at Arsenal?

Tbh I'd be very uncertain about what to do if I was Fabregas. He is far from being guaranteed a starting place for Barca, given how good their midfield is...

Or he could stay at Arsenal, with a strong chance of Arsenal continuing their barren run when it comes to winning titles and other silverware. Man City are on the up, it seems Chelsea are starting to rehabilitate themselves...

Or, if not Barca, then where? It wouldn't be a move to another PL club, surely. Meh.
      Cesc won't move to any club but Barca, that much is obvious. As to when, my heart says he will stay another season, after all he has stated his love for the club and commitment throughout the season. If he goes this season then I hope the proceeds are reinvested into rebuilding the squad. Can't be sure though..

ReputationRep:
      Where the title ends up may determine if fabregas goes or not.

ReputationRep:
      http://www.espn.co.uk/espn/sport/story/81474.html

Mixed feelings; although maybe not buying reina was a blessing in disguise...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by gunit123)
      http://www.espn.co.uk/espn/sport/story/81474.html

Mixed feelings; although maybe not buying reina was a blessing in disguise...
      He's probably the best keeper in the league, so not really a blessing in disguise. But at least it shows ambition.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.