Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    da*** is this? Seems like all of my old schoolmates are getting married and/or starting a family while I'll be a student for another 3.5 years.

foreveralone.jpeg

Mate due to clinics (well that's my excuse anyway) I've not had a partner in 2 years.
    omfg. Other stuff yeah, but nothign proper

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, reflective accounts. Fortunately I only have to do one this year but it's still painful.

ReputationRep:
    da*** is this? Seems like all of my old schoolmates are getting married and/or starting a family while I'll be a student for another 3.5 years.

foreveralone.jpeg
    Several of my classmates have proven that you can definitely get married whilst still a student. The family stuff remains to be seen...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tech)
    Ah yeah, I've heard a lot of about that SSC! they do it here too, it sounds fascinating!

iBSc is going alright I guess, been very bogged down by work though.. stupidly thought it would be a chance to relax a little :rolleyes: How about yourself?

Sounds like a good idea, will be really good experience in statistics and look great on your CV! Good luck with it A friend of mine said he found a book about meta analysis that was really useful, I'll try and get the title off him next time I'm at home!
    Same, intercalating is a LOT more work than I initially expected! So much to do. Also start back in fourth year early (August) as we do a Summer SSC - so won't be getting as long a summer holiday as I'm used to but totally worth it for not having any exams in January

Well it seemed like a good idea at the time. Now getting stuck into my BSc, wonder if I've taken too much on but developing my prioritisation skills... Oh that'll be really useful if you could find the title of the book, thank you!

ReputationRep:

foreveralone.jpeg
    Final year to CT1 has seen a flurry of marriages in my cohort.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blatant Troll)
    The leather seats will be sorely missed :moon:

You forgot to mention that the lecture theatre has wi-fi now

Spoiler:
    Show

brb Facebook
    brb emails
    brb BBC News
    brb instant, perpetual distraction
    brb no point in going to lecture
    lol I don't even think that theatre got a 3G signal.

ReputationRep:
    foreveralone.jpeg
    Alot of my friends are having kids now! Not saying i want any just yet but it is a sobering thought how 'grown up' we all are now.

Finding me a woman right now is all i want :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I think in my mind I'll always be 18, marriage and kids is terrifying

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else have their own shoes for theatre? I find it impossible to ever find my size in the communal lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phryx)
    Anyone else have their own shoes for theatre? I find it impossible to ever find my size in the communal lot.
    Yeh, I do. Bought Toffeln clogs off Amazon, not because I could never find my size but because the croc-style ones kill my feet/knees/hips/back after a few hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clarusblue)
    I think in my mind I'll always be 18, marriage and kids is terrifying
    Aw, I would love to have kids. I think I would be a wicked ace dad. I would want to be in a very good relationship first though, of course. And preferably not with another medic.

ReputationRep:
    Aw, I would love to have kids. I think I would be a wicked ace dad. I would want to be in a very good relationship first though, of course. And preferably not with another medic.
    I don't not want kids I don't think, but I'm just too selfish I think, plus all the jobs I want to do are hideously family unfriendly, so difficult

Paeds is making me so broody!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clarusblue)
    plus all the jobs I want to do are hideously family unfriendly, so difficult
    One of the reasons I want a non-medic partner
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I've been single for the past 8 years. And I don't see that changing anytime soon :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx)
    I've been single for the past 8 years. And I don't see that changing anytime soon :emo:
    Oh god, me too

Thinking families and marriages is so depressing haha

ReputationRep:
    christmas (or generally 17th Dec and beyond).. why can't you hurry the hell up?!

Is it me or does everyone find it hard to do much book work while on placement?? I feel like I know nothing about paeds and I'm expected to be there every day from handover to handover
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Oh do we have to talk about relationships and children?

I'm currently single and can't see that changing anytime soon either.. though I do know that I want to get married and have kids some day.

But seeing as I wouldn't want to get married until after graduation and wouldn't want children until a few years after marriage I don't have any rush :lol:

Personally wouldn't mind if my wife was a medic or not :nah:

ReputationRep:
    I've been in two long term relationships consecutively for the last 7 years. Been single for the last 6 months - I've had a lot of fun but now I'm bored of it and miss having a gf.

/whining
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    Oh do we have to talk about relationships and children?

I'm currently single and can't see that changing anytime soon either.. though I do know that I want to get married and have kids some day.

But seeing as I wouldn't want to get married until after graduation and wouldn't want children until a few years after marriage I don't have any rush :lol:

Personally wouldn't mind if my wife was a medic or not :nah:
    Since when? D:
    • PS Helper

I don't think I want children to be honest. I'd like to get married one day though, if I found the right person. Just ended a 2 year relationship and the guy dislikes me very much at the moment. I found managing uni, friends, going out and a bf a bit too much really, but I'm not sure if that's just me? Maybe I was doing it wrong!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.