Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Frankster
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Amwazicles)
I agree they should have a male companion at some point. It's good that they always make sure to keep the gender balance, but it's not as if you can't have a good TV show where the main characters are both men for a while. Sometimes it seems like the dynamic can only be so original if they keep sticking to the format of male Doctor and female companion..
Yeah.. I'm kinda bored of the fact that the tipping point of every series is that the doctor kisses his female companion. Having a male companion would not only give a different edge to the series but also opens up to a whole host of storylines. It is becoming all the more predictable nowadays.
Watch Key Phone
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Frankster)
Yeah.. I'm kinda bored of the fact that the tipping point of every series is that the doctor kisses his female companion. Having a male companion would not only give a different edge to the series but also opens up to a whole host of storylines. It is becoming all the more predictable nowadays.
I agree. In some ways, it can make interesting storylines, but like you said there are only so many different ways it can go. That's why I think it was a nice idea to have Amy and Rory as companions together - because it made it more interesting. But now they seem to be reverting back to the single female again. :dontknow:
Colonel.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by PoGo HoPz)
What was wrong with it? :unsure:
It was like a montage of the most annoyign things in the RTD run. A group of people nobody cares about, a camp robot, bla bla bla.
PoGo HoPz
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Amwazicles)
I agree. In some ways, it can make interesting storylines, but like you said there are only so many different ways it can go. That's why I think it was a nice idea to have Amy and Rory as companions together - because it made it more interesting. But now they seem to be reverting back to the single female again. :dontknow:
I wish The Doctor hadn't turned down Christina, she would have been a great companion. :yep:
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Been watching a few of the older series episodes today and have now finally voted in the poll. Series 3 has quite a few episodes I love, Family of Blood/Human Nature (my favourite), Blink, Utopia. :love:
Riku
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Bam
Name:  teh doctor.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  31.3 KB
Behold: The Doctor meets Commander Shepard at San Diego ComicCon
So jealous. Here's hoping he'll be in Manchester come Saturday!
Watch Key Phone
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by PoGo HoPz)
I wish The Doctor hadn't turned down Christina, she would have been a great companion. :yep:
Aha, yeah maybe. Though I don't think she was acted that well. But it was a cool idea for a character.
Yoghurt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The episode titles for Ep 2 & 3 have been announced:

Spoiler:
Show

Ep 2. 'Dinosaurs On A Spaceship'

Ep 3. 'A Town Called Mercy'

Also ep 1 for anyone who didn't know is called 'Asylum Of The Daleks'
Feefifofum
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Yoghurt)
The episode titles for Ep 2 & 3 have been announced:

Spoiler:
Show

Ep 2. 'Dinosaurs On A Spaceship'

Ep 3. 'A Town Called Mercy'

Also ep 1 for anyone who didn't know is called 'Asylum Of The Daleks'
Ep 4 has been announced too -

Spoiler:
Show
Cubed
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Any word on who's writing these episodes?
Feefifofum
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Colonel.)
I haven't heard, but I know Mark Gatiss is on board for this series so one might be his. It's usual practice for the main writer to open and close the series, and cover any major plot moments, so I'm assuming Moffatt is doing 1 and 5 (the fall of the Ponds).
Yoghurt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Colonel.)
Some info on the writers here:

http://www.denofgeek.com/tv/doctor-w...r-who-series-7
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Two episodes written by Chris Chibnall then. Ergh, he's written some dross when it comes to Doctor Who. Same with Whithouse, who's written the Western episode.
Feefifofum
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Some of Chris Chibnall's Torchwood stuff was good. But 42 and Hungry Earth/Cold Blood weren't great... :/
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just rewatching 'Wedding of River Song', the Doctor tells us she is the astronaut before we see. :eek:

Churchill asks was the woman he spoke about there

'yes she was there, River Song came twice.'

Watch from 17.09.
elitepower
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SirMasterKey)
Just rewatching 'Wedding of River Song', the Doctor tells us she is the astronaut before we see. :eek:

Churchill asks was the woman he spoke about there

'yes she was there, River Song came twice.'

Watch from 17.09.
I dont get why that is surprising?
Feefifofum
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The end of the previous episode (Closing Time) already showed that River Song was the astronaut - the last scene of the episode is Madame Kovarian coming to get her, then River being in the lake, in the space suit.
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
http://www.virginmedia.com/newsfeeds...-fight-statue/

Right, (A) This is cool (B) This has been touted as an idea by me and at least one other member in this thread before.
Ruin.
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Pretty damn epic:

Hugs13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
^ Looks like Moffat has gone for the blockbuster look for the 50th anniversary. The trailer looks pretty good aswell.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (446)
37.93%
No - but I will (88)
7.48%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.8%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (562)
47.79%

Watched Threads