Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    If Suarez did the same thing to us, that would mean he'd probably be a success for us for at least two seasons.

I'd take that, we'd also sell at a premium, which we'd be able to reinvest in.

Liverpool are not good enough to attract big names, so if Suarez leaves them, they'd rot and die into mid-table.

Suarez is their last hope.
    You're probably the most extreme poster on this thread. What a load of baloney.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    You're probably the most extreme poster on this forum. What a load of bull****.
    Used to make the odd really good post but it seems like he's in his own little world nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    RVP is alright, don't think he left on bad terms. He had his ambitions and went to another club, I think you're are looking way to deep into him releasing a statement that he won't sign a new contract which he is perfectly entitled to do.

He never did a tevez.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    It's painfully clear for all to see that he's still very bitter about Van Persie joining United, and him joining United is literally the only reason he has for calling him a 'classless scumbag'. The hypocrisy is delicious :rofl:
    Especially when he calls Van Persie classless then rolls out "BRB Rapist". What a tool.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's painfully clear for all to see that he's still very bitter about Van Persie joining United, and him joining United is literally the only reason he has for calling him a 'classless scumbag'. The hypocrisy is delicious :rofl:

(Original post by CB91)
    Especially when he calls Van Persie classless then rolls out "BRB Rapist". What a tool.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why are you two begging for an argument? Get a life FFS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    RVP is alright, don't think he left on bad terms. He had his ambitions and went to another club, I think you're are looking way to deep into him releasing a statement that he won't sign a new contract which he is perfectly entitled to do.

He never did a tevez.
    You have this surprising ability to be completely spot on about something or the exact opposite.

I've been saying this for about a year. He said he won't sign a new contract but that's fine, moving to united well look at italian football they seem to be fine about it and they have pretty aggressive supporters.

Oh and tbh suarez will be snaking arsenal if he joins anyway and goes on a hot streak. His temperament is the only thing that's stopped him from making a big move.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    You have this surprising ability to be completely spot on about something or the exact opposite.

I've been saying this for about a year. He said he won't sign a new contract but that's fine, moving to united well look at italian football they seem to be fine about it and they have pretty aggressive supporters.

Oh and tbh suarez will be snaking arsenal if he joins anyway and goes on a hot streak. His temperament is the only thing that's stopped him from making a big move.
    Hes a ticking time bomb Suarez. You never know when he will go off. Such a risk.

Also Ramsey :adore:

Hopefully hes getting back to that form before his leg break where he was immense, such promise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Why are you begging for an argument mate?
    So you're allowed to come into the united thread trolling and begging for an argument (when we weren't even talking about Arsenal or any of arsenals players), but i'm not allowed to do the same in the arsenal thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Has he refused to apologise? No apology is no apology but not necessarily a refusal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sky Sports News are saying he believes he doesn't need to apologise because of his conduct. Personally, I don't think anything more needs to be said in the media by Suarez/Liverpool/Arsenal, it's clear what the position of each party is. Arsenal and Suarez have made up their minds, it's up to Liverpool to choose to keep an unhappy player who's disrespected their club for as long as they can.

If you need an example of how that works out, look at Llorente this season. Forced to stay a season longer than he wanted to and a massive gulf in the quality of his performances this time round compared to previous years. It doesn't work out well. Liverpool have a few good young players like Coutinho and Sturridge, they should just take the money for Suarez if like Rodgers said they want to get to top 4. They're more likely to get top 4 in the next few years by building a team of several good players rather than relying on someone who doesn't even want to play for them.
    (Original post by noone29)
    Tbh, I don't blame RvP for going. I'm glad he won a title because he most probably wouldn't have with us. He's a world class player and he deserves to be surrounded by other world class players who you know will perform week in week out just like you. RvP didn't have those assurances at Arsenal.

I'd rather him move on and win something than being like Gerrard at Liverpool where he's won very little when you consider his overall quality - a single champions league being the big one but is football about just one special night.

The way he left was regrettable. He weakened our position only slightly, but our position was already weakened by our inability to renew his contract sooner. Very few clubs were going to pay more than £25m for RvP when you consider he could run down his contract for a year. The new club could then offer him a huge signing on fee and the exiting club would get nothing. No one else was in for him apart from United and City. Juve only wanted to pay £15m and United weren't in the same league as us last season - we were never title challengers.

We can always be winners in the fact that it was Arsenal who turned this injury prone, suspected rapist, youngster with anger issues into a world class footballer. I'm not bitter for one second. He went to United, not Spurs and if his goals didn't get us UCL football, who knows where we might be today. We could be like Liverpool. (Scary prospect).
    I feel exactly the same. Don't get me wrong, I have very little respect for RVP and seeing him in a United shirt makes me sick, but his choice to move is something we should accept. Had he been only 23/24 then fair enough but he was approaching his thirties as one of the best strikers in the world. Let's be honest, if him and Song had stayed we still wouldn't have won a trophy last season. That is something that makes me more angry than RVP leaving, and that's why it's so easy to lash our at RVP for moving away. I accept it, and as a worldclass player he deserves to be winning trophies. I still think he should have taken (or Arsenal should have accepted) the offer from Juve instead as they are still a top team, the best in Italy.

Seeing how Liverpool have acted this summer, at first I thought that's how we should have acted with RVP, but if we had kept RVP longer the dressing room and training sessions would have just become toxic. How can you motivate yourself for a match knowing your captain doesn't even want to be at the club? What Liverpool are doing now will not end well. It's unfortunate for them that the only club bidding for him is Arsenal, given that their aim is to get a CL spot, but it's really never worth hanging on to an unhappy player. I can't imagine if Arsenal had refused to sell RVP and he would have left on a free this summer instead. We (probably) wouldn't have got any trophies and we would be £25m worse off. Selling him was horrible for all Arsenal fans to go through, but a necessity, and it's something Liverpool have to do to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)

He never did a tevez.
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Why are you two begging for an argument? Get a life FFS.
    That coming from you of all people. :rofl2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lolwut?

If someone says to apologise and you don't, you've automatically said no metaphorically and thus refused. When someone makes an demand, you oblige or refuse.

Cavani's comments were interesting. I'm sure he wouldn't lie to his close friends about this 'gentlemen's agreement', that's why I don't think it's the end of the transfer saga. Seems like Liverpool owe him than the other way around.
    What I'm trying to say is, there's still time for him. Rodgers made an open offer - Suarez can apologise right now or in two weeks. So until he says he isn't apologising, he hasn't refused outright.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Already been confirmed Liverpools interpretation is correct and are you really surprised Suarez is lying? The dude is a massive **** don't know why you can't get it through your head hes lying.

Cavani is his friend hes not going to come out and say Suarez you're wrong :laugh:
    Then explain why he turned down a big move to Juve last season.

Let's face it, Liverpool had nothing to offer Suarez, but the other way round, Liverpool were probably at his feet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glousck)

If you need an example of how that works out, look at Llorente this season. Forced to stay a season longer than he wanted to and a massive gulf in the quality of his performances this time round compared to previous years. .
    That's because bielsa was being a prick and played aduriz over him for half the season, when he realises that it's not working out and bilbao are potentially going to go down he reinstates llorente up top. Was pathetic the way he treated him, all he said was that he's running his contract down, not that he's forcing a move this season or he wants to leave now. Look at how dortmund are treating lewandowski giving him games and look at how athletic bilbao treated llorente and it's a totally different situation.

Bilbao are pathetic anyway, they lost martinez late in the window so asked the spanish FA for more time in the transfer window.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    Why should us fans give a dam about this? We're not a bloody nursery.
    It was made all the worse him leaving to a rival club after we made him the player he was. Before 2011 noone would have said van persie was a top 5 striker, now some people will say he's no 1.
    This has been discussed to death last summer and am so bored of it
    I hope we can get a world class player like Suarez as we don't have any match winners at the moment who can make something out of nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He's not number one.

Yes we're not a nursery, but we're also not a world class club at the minute and haven't been for 3 or 4 years now. We've been a selling club and until the wheels turn and things change, world class talent won't hang about. Would be like Prada merchandise being stuck in a Primark store.

Everyone has their views. Emotion is a fickle thing but I'm just applying a bit of logic to it. RvP wasn't in our hearts the same way Fabregas or Henry was and a lot of the RvP lovers forget he was on the scene for one season. It was £24m or nothing.

Money's been talking for 10 years in football and the quicker people realise attachment to a club no longer exists, the less heartbroken fans will be. Suarez is a typical example. An entire sporting brand standing up for his 'racism' yet he won't do repay them by staying put for another season.

ReputationRep:
    Then explain why he turned down a big move to Juve last season.

Let's face it, Liverpool had nothing to offer Suarez, but the other way round, Liverpool were probably at his feet.
    Do we have any evidence that this actually happened other than the word of the ever so reliable Luis Suarez? I'm not sure if Juventus would have even been able to afford him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    What I'm trying to say is, there's still time for him. Rodgers made an open offer - Suarez can apologise right now or in two weeks. So until he says he isn't apologising, he hasn't refused outright.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Okay, true.

I don't think he will do a Rooney or Benteke U-turn. Suarez believes aggression will get him results and he's done it right the way through his career.

Liverpool could potentially ruin him depending on how they're feeling and how big their pockets are. They could ruin his career if they wanted. He's signed a contract and he's officially obliged to fulfill that contract. Liverpool could take him to court for breach of contract and make him pay millions if he fails to play for them.

Either way, I still don't think him leaving is out of the question just yet.

ReputationRep:
    Do we have any evidence that this actually happened other than the word of the ever so reliable Luis Suarez? I'm not sure if Juventus would have even been able to afford him.
    By not sure, you mean that juve wouldn't have afforded him. They couldn't afford jovetic and higuain, so got tevez on the cheap and they got llorente for free. They were in for higuain the previous season too but didn't wanna pay up the cash, I highly doubt they'd have paid 35-40m for suarez either.

ReputationRep:
    Daily Star have revealed that a firm offer was made and Suarez turned down the move. Obviously it isn't that water tight but there may be other sources.

ReputationRep:
    Rodgers is such a bad man manager. Classless. Can you imagine Wenger doing his man management through the press?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.