Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    May as well have bought Balotelli or Remy for that price.

ReputationRep:
    Kris Olsson set to join FC Midtjylland on season long loan,

(Original post by DDan123)
    Okay here's one. Does anyone think Welbeck has the POTENTIAL to be a class forward??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No.

ReputationRep:
    9anny Welbeck

ReputationRep:
    definitely episode 3 anakine level atm

ReputationRep:
    If you pay anywhere near £16m for Welbz, then it really does beg the question; why did you not go for Balotelli?

ReputationRep:
    Balotelli: 14 in 30, including penalties, from upfront, in a weaker league
    Welbeck: 9 in 25, no pens, mostly played on the wing
    Balotelli is a "bargain"
    Welbeck is "overpriced"

lol wot?

ReputationRep:
    Inb4 Welbeck is underrated.

ReputationRep:
    'deal agreed in principle for welbeck'

Great.. realy glad about that actually - I like welbeck, and have confidence he will be good for us.

He is good defensivly, can put in a good shift, not bad at holding the ball up.. and although I would say (for a striker) his weakest area is scoring.. he is still a league better then sanogo..

He has pace, which will be very different from giroud, and when I have seen him play upfront for united, and not be shafted to the wing, I remember him getting a run of games last season, and actually scoring quite well.

- Happy with that.

But still utterly dissapointed in the lack of CB and more importantly DM/CDM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Balotelli: 14 in 30, including penalties, from upfront, in a weaker league
    Welbeck: 9 in 25, no pens, mostly from the wing

Balotelli is a "bargain"
    Welbeck is "overpriced"

lol wot?
    I've lost count of how many times I've said this as well

The clown got something like 8 goals from open play last season

ReputationRep:
    Welbeck should be good for you.

Wenger will get stick for it though. It has 'Panic Buy' written all over it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    No.
    I agree, I think he is a limited player, he will hold up the ball and use his pace and work hard for the team. Daniel Nii Tackie Mensah Welbeck is approaching 24 will improve somewhat but I think he will do well when you counter attack but could struggled against a packed defence as he seems to thrive more when there is space and he can use his pace to exploit the defence.
    If you had bought him earlier in the window, I think 10-12 m would be fair but I think due to keeping it last minute I think 13-15 m is a fair price so you have slightly overpaid imo.

ReputationRep:
    1 hour and 15 minutes left, and we still have arteta/flamini rotating for a starting position..

And still have only 6 defenders.. (total)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    1 hour and 15 minutes left, and we still have arteta/flamini rotating for a starting position..

Chambers CDM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Chambers CDM?
    So no centre back cover

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    why all you man suddenly started hating on Vengah?

took a 6-0 defeat for you all to realise that he's a senile buffoon

Also btw Lpool paid £16m for Balo and £12m for Sturridge, and Bony was available for £20m, definitely better value out there than Welbz but it's a standard price for a decent player I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)

Koscienly, Debuchy, Chambers, Mertesaker, Gibbs, Monreal. Then a couple of reserves in Bellerin and Hayden. Looks a little bare tbh, only really 3 center backs and 3 full backs with a few reserves and chambers being able to play as a fullback/center back/cdm.

ReputationRep:
    Sandro went for £6m, why weren't you all over that?

ReputationRep:
    Lol @ all you Gooners who slated Welbeck. He's yours now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    United sign Falcao (albeit on loan) and we sign Welbeck. I've had it, I throw in the towel. Wenger must go, he's lost it.

ReputationRep:
    £16m too, 16 ****ing million! You can't make this up!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.