x Turn on thread page Beta

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaVinciGirl)
    You will need to call them in the morning
    it takes so long to get an agent.

ReputationRep:
    I called them yesterday and they said the best way to inform them of our choices if the website still isn't working is via email.
    They said to email [email protected] m and include your full name, ukcat ID, full address (written in the same way as the one on your ukcat account), your uni choices and courses and your ucas personal ID.
    Hope this helps someone!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Janoschr)
    The website still isn't working for me
    The same thing is happening to me.This is honestly some absolute BS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah.m124)
    I called them yesterday and they said the best way to inform them of our choices if the website still isn't working is via email.
    They said to email [email protected] m and include your full name, ukcat ID, full address (written in the same way as the one on your ukcat account), your uni choices and courses and your ucas personal ID.
    Hope this helps someone!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you! I've been sitting on hold for half an hour freaking out and I need to get back to work - lifesaver!

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 15.54.25.png
Views: 145
Size:  24.7 KB

This might be useful to some. Found it on twitter! www.ukcat.ac.uk/contact-us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaVinciGirl)
    I had the same problem. I had to call the customer service and they filled out the form for me. My friend called soon after, but they said that they will fix the form today.
    They didn't fix ****, absolute horrid website, I ended up calling them and being put on hold for so long but they eventually filled it in for me, thanks for the help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cookarawrcha)
    Thank you! I've been sitting on hold for half an hour freaking out and I need to get back to work - lifesaver!
    Everyone must be calling in, I'm surprised they haven't fixed it already! I emailed them yesterday and they emailed me back today saying my choices have been added so they should get back to you relatively quickly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous_girll)
    I got the same, it didn't specifically mention the UKCAT but I think it said somewhere that you wouldn't get an email referencing that. I don't think you need to worry, if it's there under additional information I think that's all you need to have!
    My choices have been saved but I got no email regarding changes to my account or anything else. Should I be worried?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what would be the lowest UKCAT score that King's would accept.
    Can you balance up your just above average ukcat score with an excellent set of GCSEs, AS, work experience, personal statement, references

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11...)
    what would be the lowest UKCAT score that King's would accept.
    Can you balance up your just above average ukcat score with an excellent set of GCSEs, AS, work experience, personal statement, references
    Hard to tell really because they don't have a strict cut off, but anything below 600 would put you out of consideration I'd say

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASTK98)
    Hard to tell really because they don't have a strict cut off, but anything below 600 would put you out of consideration I'd say

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you a boy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YouHaveProblems)
    Are you a boy?
    Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What's with the pic?

ReputationRep:
    I thought this link was quite useful http://www.applyingfordentalschool.co.uk/ukcat.html it has a breakdown of the average UKCAT scores that students got this year and talks about how different uni's use it

ReputationRep:
    don't think the new section they're introducing will contribute to our final score,

ReputationRep:
    Regarding the glitch found on the pearson vue ukcat website, if anyone is still having trouble updating their information because of "disappearing fields" or some sort. I experienced the problem too and this was what I did to solve it.

Under the question, "Do you intend to apply to a course that requires the UKCAT?" and "Are you applying to a course with a deadline of 15" October 2016?"

select "NO" instead of "YES"
    wait awhile, then change the option back to "YES"
    you should see now that new fields appear!

it seems unorthodox and I don't know if it'll work for you, but it did for me and I figured it out through trial and error, saved me lots of time because I was almost about to call up the ukcat peeps. share with your friends if they're having problems cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattJacks)
    what UKCAT?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, sorry to ask a stupid question.

If I have completed the Additional Info for UKCAT on their website with all my choices etc., and saved it. And when I log back in, it's still there. I can safely assume I have done all I need to do?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fleuves)
    Hi, sorry to ask a stupid question.

If I have completed the Additional Info for UKCAT on their website with all my choices etc., and saved it. And when I log back in, it's still there. I can safely assume I have done all I need to do?

Thanks
    Yes and it's not a stupid question.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Freaking out right now, i remember entering choices in the pearson vue website a few weeks ago but i just checked the additional information part and there is no choices listed (no fields to enter choices either).

Anyone else had this problem?
    I emailed them but worrying now for its after the deadline...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2017
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.