x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    and yet which one won a trophy

If you didn't notice, those were different competitions swarls x

ReputationRep:
    Wenger will definitely spend because he knows his 4th place trophy is under threat lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Hella lot of ambition :lol:
    I dreamt of winning the Europa league as a child. Said no one ever. EL is the antithesis of ambition.

There's a reason Uefa held the final in a garden.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atom y humber)
    I dreamt of winning the Europa league as a child. Said no one ever. EL is the antithesis of ambition.

There's a reason Uefa held the final in a garden.
    Well if you guys win it you might be able to say you've got some European success. As of right now though...

Of course if you're in the champions league it's better but if you get into the Europa League cause you don't make it out of group stage it's s trophy worth going for.

ReputationRep:
    I've just received an email from Arsenal saying I'm going to be offered a season ticket for next season. Does anyone know of what sort of price the ticket will be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrissy_h)
    I've just received an email from Arsenal saying I'm going to be offered a season ticket for next season. Does anyone know of what sort of price the ticket will be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bare stacks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    And that's literally irrelevant to the conversation? Don't think anyone's denying that Europa League finalists is better than Europa League quarter finalists lol

When Luke mentions me only banging on about other clubs but then bangs on about other clubs

Strong everything

ReputationRep:
    Funny how we've had a **** season and in the end:
    -Scored 3 less than the champions (and conceded the same amount of goals)
    -Conceded 1 more than the two best defences in the league (Tottenham and Man Utd)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Funny how we've had a **** season and in the end:
    -Scored 3 less than the champions (and conceded the same amount of goals)
    -Conceded 1 more than the two best defences in the league (Tottenham and Man Utd)
    I think defensively it is one of your strongest seasons for a few years?

ReputationRep:
    Apparently we are in for Morata. His stats aren't great, but he always turns up and scores against the big teams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    I think defensively it is one of your strongest seasons for a few years?
    Perhaps, But its mainly due to us just being amazing at keeping lower-teams quiet.

Against the top teams, We always look fragile at the back, especially gabriel who still looks dodgy as ****. Not to mention the awful defensive mistakes that have cost us big games..

Just like most of our clubs attributes, our defense is great against a weak opposition, but has no bottle against the big boys

ReputationRep:
    Morata? hopefully that's true and it convinces Ozil to stay. He'd rather feed his former RM team mate than a donkey (who now could very much be worse than the player who terrorised ligue 1)

ReputationRep:
    Good signs so far in the window.

But nothing to get our hopes up yet for a striker - had it all before, links, close to signing, wenger is going to act.. blah blah. Only club in the league to not buy an outfield player.

Or

Blah blah, welbeck on the final day of the season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Morata? hopefully that's true and it convinces Ozil to stay. He'd rather feed his former RM team mate than a donkey (who now could very much be worse than the player who terrorised ligue 1)
    Terrorising league and 1 means **** all, and that's widely accepted tbh. Giroud hasn't gone worse since he came to the PL tbh, he's probably improved. It's just that the PL is so much harder than league 1.. Where he was a real force behind Montpellier's success that season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Terrorising league and 1 means **** all, and that's widely accepted tbh. Giroud hasn't gone worse since he came to the PL tbh, he's probably improved. It's just that the PL is so much harder than league 1.. Where he was a real force behind Montpellier's success that season.
    league and 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    league and 1
    Tired, cos I didn't sleep too well

Cos of you

****** x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    league and 1

ReputationRep:
    BBC reports Xhaka is in at Arsenal. Now to get Shaqiri and Salah and become "Basel MK II"

ReputationRep:
    Ozil, Elneny, Xhaka and now we're after Benatia. Shariah law slowly creeping into Arsenal. #MakeArsenalGreatAgain

ReputationRep:
    Why are people not more excited about Xhaka?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.