The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
Seabear11
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
It's a shame he'll leave in the summer - United simply aren't among the best clubs in the world anymore and fans have to accept that. They'll come back for sure, but for now they need to understand that it's a step up to go to the likes of Bayern/Barca/Madrid.
I don't think De Gea is leaving. Where would he go?
None of the teams you listed need a keeper, Especially one who would cost as much as we would want for De Gea. Navas has had a very good season for madrid. Barca have ter stergen and Bravo. Bayern have Neuer.
Lúcio
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Seabear11)
I don't think De Gea is leaving. Where would he go?
None of the teams you listed need a keeper, Especially one who would cost as much as we would want for De Gea. Navas has had a very good season for madrid. Barca have ter stergen and Bravo. Bayern have Neuer.
I don't think money is an issue for these clubs, especially not when you're talking about the 2nd best keeper in the world (arguably the best on performance this season).

Madrid don't care how well you perform, they'll ditch you when somebody better comes along regardless, like they do with their managers.
Bravo/ter Stegen have absolutely nothing on DDG.
Neuer has been shaky of late but he's obviously a legendary keeper and Bayern won't lose faith.

He'll be gone this summer, no point denying it.
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Rashford's goal was excellent - never thought he had that sort of finishing finesse in him, right in the top corner opening up his body beautifully. Fosu-Mensah impressive yet again, get the feeling he could become a good midfielder in the future which I think is his original position when he's played lower down the ranks, could be wrong.

West Ham were always likely to leave space for us to attack and we controlled the game barring the nervy finish. Lingard needs to find his shooting boots sooner than later.

LVG always gets a result when he most needs it although I imagine that's also players' pride kicking in and wanting to get a good result as well.
bigmansouf
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
I don't think money is an issue for these clubs, especially not when you're talking about the 2nd best keeper in the world (arguably the best on performance this season).

Madrid don't care how well you perform, they'll ditch you when somebody better comes along regardless, like they do with their managers.
Neuer has been shaky of late but he's obviously a legendary keeper and Bayern won't lose faith.

naaaah
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)

Gunna quote the hell out of you
swirly
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Rashford BMT confirmed
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
Gunna quote the hell out of you
I look forward to it xoxo
xKay
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
De gea good game = He'll be gone next season
KingKoala
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
De Gea would stay if he had and decency and respected the club that made him.
Fizzel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by KingKoala)
The one in Madrid?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Suarez left "the club that made him".
It's a similar scenario - a player obviously too good for the club he plays for who will inevitably move on to bigger things.

Real Madrid are in the semi-final of the CL. You aren't anywhere near that and a player of DDG's calibre deserves more.
Jimmy Seville
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Please don't post ever again.
KingKoala
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jimmy Seville)
Please don't post ever again.
Freedom of speech little one.
That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Think all United fans should support De Gea leaving should he want to, from Madrid, world class, loyal keeper who hasn't **** stirred. Best keeper in world and a team player. I'll miss him. Please stay David.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seabear11
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)

I'm not saying DDG isnt the better keeper, but i think those clubs have much bigger problems they have to deal with than replacing their current keeper. Bayern has an aging squad, their players need replacing sooner rather than later. Barca need better defenders rather than a new keeper. Real Madrid signings are dictated by their presidents, they're more likely to go for a signing like Hazard than De Gea. The fact that we'll make it very difficult for Madrid to sign him will probably count against them as well.

Undoubtedly at the present moment, we aren't good enough as a team. If Van Gaal stays on, it wouldn't surprised me to see De Gea leaves but i still don't think its a guaranteed. If like we all suspect a new manager comes in the summer, i think De Gea will stay on with the club. Just my personal opinion.
xKay
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
Good result, good performance. Could've been different without DDG saves but he's doing his job and I'd say on balance you deserved to win.
LVG always seems to win a big game when he needs to, fair play.

Lingard and Rashford were outstanding. The former was poor in front of goal but the latter had pretty much everything you'd want to see.
I feel like this season it's actually your younger players which have excelled the most and produced your best performances.

Martial was poor in all honesty. Completely overshadowed by the aforementioned pair.
did he not get 2 assists?
KingKoala
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Fizzel)
The one in Madrid?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who knew who he was when he was at athletico apart from la liga fans?
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by xKay)
did he not get 2 assists?
Perhaps but in fairness, assists don't equal a good performance. Sometimes assists are just a simple pass and the goalscorer does everything.

Rashford created his goal and finished it expertly, the other was a lucky deflection. I wouldn't say either of those "assists" mean that Martial suddenly had a great game.
KingKoala
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
Perhaps but in fairness, assists don't equal a good performance. Sometimes assists are just a simple pass and the goalscorer does everything.

Rashford created his goal and finished it expertly, the other was a lucky deflection. I wouldn't say either of those "assists" mean that Martial suddenly had a great game.
He can play as **** as he wants if he can get 2 assist every game.
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
He can play as **** as he wants if he can get 2 assist every game.
Im not arguing the fact that getting 2 assists isn't valuable, I'm arguing the notion that "assisting" twice automatically means you played well.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (54)
19.71%
Unconditional if firmed (22)
8.03%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.73%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (9)
3.28%
No unconditional offers (187)
68.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed