Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
Divinitywolf
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
:hugs: aww that's such a lovely thing to say. Thank you It's just hard as I have very low self-esteem and no self-confidence so I can't sell myself very well. I expect the interviewers have heard all the answers before so it seems really cliched to me. Had better look online for some jobs now actually. Have 3 hours to myself and don't know what to do. I could make Gavin's birthday card but I don't know if I'm emotionally stable enough to do that, or I could watch TV, or read a book or I dunno....any ideas??
yeah I can relate to having low self esteem. That sums me up quite nicely. I'm not one to open up much, at least not in public. I just stay mysterious
Yeah you always expect people to either not like you or to have heard it all before. Its hard when you expect the worst from people but still every little success can boost your esteem so I really hope you get that job.
Readings always good. Escape to a world where you won't be judged or feel embarassed. But then again if you do something productive you'll feel good about yourself afterwards. What about writing a poem or something?
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Divinitywolf)
yeah I can relate to having low self esteem. That sums me up quite nicely. I'm not one to open up much, at least not in public. I just stay mysterious
Yeah you always expect people to either not like you or to have heard it all before. Its hard when you expect the worst from people but still every little success can boost your esteem so I really hope you get that job.
Readings always good. Escape to a world where you won't be judged or feel embarassed. But then again if you do something productive you'll feel good about yourself afterwards. What about writing a poem or something?
Funny you should say that, i've been in the mood for writing poetry lately but I'm rubbish and can never string sentences together. I'm watching Gossip Girl instead :p: so so tired. don't want to drive later but have no choice. damn family using me as a taxi
Divinitywolf
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Funny you should say that, i've been in the mood for writing poetry lately but I'm rubbish and can never string sentences together. I'm watching Gossip Girl instead :p: so so tired. don't want to drive later but have no choice. damn family using me as a taxi
Lol I can give you poetry lessons :P
at least you'll really appreciate sleep once all the drivings done and I'm sure your family really appreciate it.
Oh and Gossip Girl can't compare to poetry
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Lol I can give you poetry lessons :P
at least you'll really appreciate sleep once all the drivings done and I'm sure your family really appreciate it.
Oh and Gossip Girl can't compare to poetry
lol, i wish they did but they don't appreciate anything i do. i miss out on visiting friends because they make me stay here to drive them around.
and i'd love to have poetry lessons but im not sure i can offer much in return :redface:
Divinitywolf
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lol, i wish they did but they don't appreciate anything i do. i miss out on visiting friends because they make me stay here to drive them around.
and i'd love to have poetry lessons but im not sure i can offer much in return :redface:
well thats not very nice. They should appreciate you! Can they not drive or learn to drive?
I enjoy helping people. A warm feeling. Thats what I get in return
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
well thats not very nice. They should appreciate you! Can they not drive or learn to drive?
I enjoy helping people. A warm feeling. Thats what I get in return
No, Mum doesn't drive and doesn't want to. My brother has just turned 17 but won't ever leave the house so he won't drive and my sister is only 14 so i'm the only driver. Dad just bought me a new car but told people i'm not their taxi but they don't listen. i have no choice if i want an easier home life
Divinitywolf
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No, Mum doesn't drive and doesn't want to. My brother has just turned 17 but won't ever leave the house so he won't drive and my sister is only 14 so i'm the only driver. Dad just bought me a new car but told people i'm not their taxi but they don't listen. i have no choice if i want an easier home life
Are you going to university? Or can you not move out or live with friends?
*huggles* well at least you have the satisfaction of knowing that you're making their lives easier even if they don't appreciate it, its still great, putting up with it and everything
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Are you going to university? Or can you not move out or live with friends?
*huggles* well at least you have the satisfaction of knowing that you're making their lives easier even if they don't appreciate it, its still great, putting up with it and everything
I started university in September, didn't like it so came home in December. Been job hunting ever since and haven't had a social life for months. All my friends are at uni and having the time of their lives and I just sit here feeling really really lonely and sad. Plus I can't afford to move out and it would destroy my mum even though she's horrible to me and acts as if she hates me.
death.drop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
drinking for the fifth night in a row. nicht so gud.

still not had a call from the counseller and he said he'd phone me on wednesday.
Pocket Calculator
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
oh dear ******* god i want her so much.
Divinitywolf
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So many people, so much emotion...

@Pink: Maybe give uni another chance? Or move into some accommodation with your friends? It may be worth a shot right? Loneliness does feel terrible, like an empty space inside of you but it can be overcome. Just hang in there

@death.drop: Try not to focus on waiting for the councellor to call, it just makes it worse. Do something to take your mind off it. Drinking will make you feel worse later on. Try doing something constructive? Write things about how you feel? Or watch a film?

@Pocket Calculator: Again try to do something to take your mind off it until the right opportunity presents itself that may help you sort this out or help you feel better.
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Pocket Calculator)
oh dear ******* god i want her so much.
I want anyone
Divinitywolf
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by vapid slut magician)
I want anyone
I can relate to that but I want a special relationship. Not one thats just thrown together.
death.drop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ended up going to sleep really early last night, webber stayed up after me and drank the rest of his crate of beer and now my room is a tip.

Going to go out for steaks and then go to see friday the 13th tonight, to celebrate both steak and blowjob day and Shane getting a job!!!
I'm really happy for him, the poor guy's been unemployed for ages and is absolutely terrible in interviews so this is really good for him.

only bad thing about today is that I cut my finger open on a doorhandle at work and seeing all the blood gave me some serious self harm cravings but other than that everything is frikkin great. I love up days.
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So many people, so much emotion...

@Pink: Maybe give uni another chance? Or move into some accommodation with your friends? It may be worth a shot right? Loneliness does feel terrible, like an empty space inside of you but it can be overcome. Just hang in there
You're definitely right about so much emotion in this thread.

I would give uni another chance but I have 3 A Levels in Science and I want to go into business now so I need more A-Levels. I found a couple of foundation degrees but my 6th form wouldn't write me a reference so I ended up stuck. I need to go to college and do an Access to Higher Education course but 1. I can't afford it and 2. My local college aren't running the course anymore. So I'm stuck.

I can't move into accommodation with friends because again, I can't afford it and also, they're all at uni now. I need to make some new friends but it's really hard.

I've had a massive motivation boost this afternoon (I didn't get up until 1pm) as I decided that I want to work for The Make A Wish Foundation but yeah...not really done any work on my Marketing qualification or anything today. Just sitting around wasting time.

How is everyone?
Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I want anyone
i was under the impression you didn't find it hard to pick people up in clubs and stuff, can't you get one of them to "stick around" as it were?
vapid slut magician
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Pocket Calculator)
i was under the impression you didn't find it hard to pick people up in clubs and stuff, can't you get one of them to "stick around" as it were?
why were you under that impression? I haven't 'picked someone up' since I was about 19. I can't get anyone full stop.
Divinitywolf
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You're definitely right about so much emotion in this thread.

I would give uni another chance but I have 3 A Levels in Science and I want to go into business now so I need more A-Levels. I found a couple of foundation degrees but my 6th form wouldn't write me a reference so I ended up stuck. I need to go to college and do an Access to Higher Education course but 1. I can't afford it and 2. My local college aren't running the course anymore. So I'm stuck.

I can't move into accommodation with friends because again, I can't afford it and also, they're all at uni now. I need to make some new friends but it's really hard.

I've had a massive motivation boost this afternoon (I didn't get up until 1pm) as I decided that I want to work for The Make A Wish Foundation but yeah...not really done any work on my Marketing qualification or anything today. Just sitting around wasting time.

How is everyone?
Hmm that is a problem. Well my advice would be to get a job for the moment and save up some money and then decide what you want to do.
Motivation boosts are always great. Pity I always get motivation then become too lazy to do anything about it.
One plus side is that you've always got this forum here to chat to people who know how you feel.

I'm not bad. Can't complain really.
blackfish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by death.drop)
not really related to the quote but your housing situation made me think: have you thought about moving in to shared housing? it might be good for helping you to meet new people. a lot of shared housing comes without a contract so if it's too stressful for you, you could move out very quickly.
just a thought.
I was living in Shared Accomodation prior to my flat. I didn't like it. It was mainly the fact that nobody ever cleaned up the kitchen or bathroom. Couldn't wait to leave to be honest!

Thanks darling It was a weird interview as they didn't really get to know me at all. No note of my education, job history, nothing about me at all. He asked me what I knew about the place, to sell myself in 30 seconds and how I'd deal with an angry customer. That was it. Will find out at the beginning of next week.

How are you today?
I'm feeling a bit rubbish. I'm at my parents and we have once again had another arguement. Every time I come home, me, my parents and my sister manage to have a medium/serious arguement. Sometimes I just want to...
Spoiler:
Show
:banghead:

Thanks for calling me a darling I don't think i've ever been called that before!

@Blackfish: You're feeling bitter too huh? Do you also sometimes kinda like feeling bitter and other times it really gets you down? Because thats the case with me but then I'm generally two different people. Good side, bad side.
I sometimes feel like that. I was on the train the other day and I had to sit opposite a grumpy businessman who took great pleasure in spreading all his work across the table in an attempt to get me to move. I couldn't move, the train was missing a first class carriage, which ment all seats were taken :rant: That made me feel really cold and bitter because what was so wrong that he took such a dislike to me

How is everyone this evening...?? I'm off to watch casualty now

Take Care :hugs:

BlackFish
Pocket Calculator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
why were you under that impression? I haven't 'picked someone up' since I was about 19. I can't get anyone full stop.
haha, guess it was the username. sorry. well i'm pretty much the same these days.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (371)
37.29%
No - but I will (75)
7.54%
No - I don't want to (70)
7.04%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (479)
48.14%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise