This discussion is closed.
Malevolent
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by KingMessi)
What irks you about them?
Really seem rather pro Madrid noticed that last season. Make quite a few errors with names. Last week against Madrid they kept calling Alves Tello and they just seem to make lots of mistakes. Dont mind the summariser as much as the play by play guy cause he is awful.
Ricky`1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jordan_1)
Not bad for a first game in charge...
He's not in charge yet, sadly.
Jordan_1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Ricky`1)
He's not in charge yet, sadly.
Who was then?
Jim_Metrin
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by johnharris19944)
Really seem rather pro Madrid noticed that last season. Make quite a few errors with names. Last week against Madrid they kept calling Alves Tello and they just seem to make lots of mistakes. Dont mind the summariser as much as the play by play guy cause he is awful.
Ahaha i thought i was the only one who realized he kept making mistakes with the players names and confusing them. I think the one you dont like is Jerry Armstrong?
S-man10
Badges: 18
Report 6 years ago
Who was then?
Guardiola... still?

are you from this universe?
Bryci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Who was then?
Pep still is in charge until the end of the season then Tito is taking over
Jordan_1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by S-man10)
Guardiola... still?

are you from this universe?
I thought he left immediately, guess I was wrong.
bluenose14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Class that. It's mad the advantages that Barca and Madrid are given.
aa22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ra-ra-ra)
Portoooooooooooo. I didn’t expect to be winning the league tonight, but Huanderson made a few good saves and kept Rio Ave in it. I felt a bit sorry for that poor little Benfica lad at the end crying and wiping his tears away with his scarf.

Odd season, not deserved to win the league. Bit of a joke that a manager like VP can in fact win the league and it was completely yours to grab it. I wanted to win it next week against Sporting but I guess a party after that match will be just as good. I’ll stop complaining and just be happy! 8th title in the last 10 seasons. Ah, watching Porto Canal and it's party time on the streets of Porto! Would be great to be there.

On a completely more serious note though, I didn’t realise how messed up things were at Leiria! What a picture...

Attachment 145039

8 players vs Feirense today. What an absolute mess of a club. They would have been even more buggered were it not for the loan players from Benfica. And the thing that made it most bizarre...

What the hell is going on? Messed up. Not only for the club, but also for the league and especially Academica. Now that has happened it means Feirense have gone above them.
Ha. And there you have it. Title confirmed after a poor performance by us. Literally handed you the title.

JJ has been playing Capdevila lately, which is good, but he's still making weird-ass decisions. Like, why has Gaitan been on the bench for the past three games. And the strangest was when he took off Matic yesterday and moved Witsel to that position... I mean, just why? We were leading, we didn't need to score, just control the game... so why take off Matic, put Witsel, who isnt even a DMC, in that place, and bring on Saviola? So pointless..

*Siiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

That record of 8 out of 10 titles sounds so bad for the rest of the league >_<

And yeh, I saw that pic... very messed up stuff going on at Leiria. Although apparently Keita has just said he didnt take anything.. hmmmm...
ra-ra-ra
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by aa22)
Ha. And there you have it. Title confirmed after a poor performance by us. Literally handed you the title.

JJ has been playing Capdevila lately, which is good, but he's still making weird-ass decisions. Like, why has Gaitan been on the bench for the past three games. And the strangest was when he took off Matic yesterday and moved Witsel to that position... I mean, just why? We were leading, we didn't need to score, just control the game... so why take off Matic, put Witsel, who isnt even a DMC, in that place, and bring on Saviola? So pointless..

*Siiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

That record of 8 out of 10 titles sounds so bad for the rest of the league >_<

And yeh, I saw that pic... very messed up stuff going on at Leiria. Although apparently Keita has just said he didnt take anything.. hmmmm...
Won't argue with you there, completely handed that to us yesterday. I didn't expect the parties to begin before the Sporting game but they did. Not sure if you caught any of the celebrations (i doubt you wanted to see it either!) but PdC going through the crowds getting absolutely mobbed was a picture. No idea what he was thinking but what a guy.

I don't get him, he doesn't really make much sense and all those rumours about him to Porto better remain as just rumours. I don't want him. Although, it is looking likely that VP will be staying afterall. :eek: He may have won the league but it has been a lot of luck that has got him to win it. I do think the addition of Lucho to the squad helped too but our football still hasn't been great.

I expect this summer to be the summer where the likes of Fernando, Hulk and James to leave. If it happens, it happens, but for them to have stayed this season and to win the title i can't complain. I expect them all to leave once AVB left and i expected to get nothing from this season playing the way we have. We completely messed up in Europe but winning the league has been somewhat unexpected considering VP and how we're playing. As for Benfica, will Gaitan actually be leaving this summer?

Ha, did he? Completely messed up.
Deshi
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
There's an article on Swiss ramble about Barca/Madrid, haven't read it yet but it looks decent.

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/
IWantSomeMushu
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
When I have a couple of hours spare, I'll read that
Malevolent
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by IWantSomeMushu)
When I have a couple of hours spare, I'll read that
Youll need it good read though i found some bits i didnt quite grasp but i got the main jist of it :P
Deshi
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My mate showed me this today, it's soo good. (I have a feeling I'm a bit late to the party though)

S-man10
Badges: 18
Report 6 years ago
seen this before. was last year at wembley

(Original post by Deshi)
There's an article on Swiss ramble about Barca/Madrid, haven't read it yet but it looks decent.

is this your economics dissertation?
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Deshi)

Good read. Interesting because it explains why Barca/Real Madrid's debt isn't that unmanagable despite sounding like an insane figure. That and how much support the Spanish clubs get.

Highlights a very interesting point. Due to the Spanish economy, Spanish clubs are struggling and debt levels are rising. We all saw the problems Valencia had with their new stadium and their debts are still insanely high even after selling Villa, Silva and Mata for huge sums of money.

Ignoring the top2 clubs, the others don't make as much money so their debt problems are more significant. Think the article says thast 6 clubs in La Liga are basically in bankruptcy protection.

A lot of councils/local authorties and local banks help the clubs stay afloat but considering the economic crises in the country, how long can that really last? No doubt external pressures will slowly force them to claw money back. Why should a foreign/external party help indirectly fund football clubs via local authorties?

No doubt some clubs will feel the pinch. The only way to rectify this might be to move to a split of tv money which would significantly boost the coffers of the rest of the league. However, in turn it might bankrupt Real Madrid and Barca and in the long term, affect their ability to be competitive.

While we're seeing the peak of Spanish clubs, imo over time, we'll see more and more players move from La Liga to the premier league, due to the financial strength/level of investments at a wider spread of clubs, though not from Barca/Madrid. Thinking more the likes of Atletico, Valencia, Villereal, Sevilla etc.
Gary Barlow
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Interesting read. Out of interest does anyone know what the split is between the tv money within the premier league? I imagine the top 4 will fair better off than teams like West Brom and Everton but that margin in La Liga seems extreme.
ahq
Badges: 13
Report 6 years ago
Article by Honigstein on Bundesliga players confirmed to move at the end of this season. Among them, Raul, who has scored 40 goals in 98 games (+ gotten one DFB Cup, one CL semi-final) in his 2 seasons at Schalke. :adore:
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Raul is one of those players who has always scored a lot of goals but has absolutely no discernible quality that makes him a world class forward at his peak. Just makes him even better
Laertes
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Mess.)
Raul is one of those players who has always scored a lot of goals but has absolutely no discernible quality that makes him a world class forward at his peak. Just makes him even better
Like Pippo Inzaghi :awesome:

Both awesome.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (257)
26.97%
No (696)
73.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise