This discussion is part of a series.
view next
jit987
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Barcelona new Spanish CHAMPIONS!

Champions League Final + Spanish Cup final Awaits!
Zander01
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I love going on to the Real Madrid page on footytube after a loss like this and seeing the meltdown. They're all like the Spanish versions of Eborucam (or whatever the **** it is), it's hilarious.
Zander01
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jit987)
Barcelona new Spanish CHAMPIONS!

Champions League Final + Spanish Cup final Awaits!
I'm starting to wonder if Enrique can surpass Pep :O
jit987
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Zander01)
I'm starting to wonder if Enrique can surpass Pep :O
If he wins the treble then who knows!
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Really poor from Messi have to say, I mean, what's he thinking with that tattoo on his right arm?! Looks awful.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Superb goal from Pedro.

Diego Alves, what a performance. I think Bale was Real's best performer - but Valencia are a really great side. They may be a CL surprise package next year.

Negredo could've had a hatrick when he came of the bench but he messed his chances up so badly and it could've cost his team dearly because they need to fight off Sevilla for 4th place.
Zander01
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mackay)
Superb goal from Pedro.

Diego Alves, what a performance. I think Bale was Real's best performer - but Valencia are a really great side. They may be a CL surprise package next year.

Negredo could've had a hatrick when he came of the bench but he messed his chances up so badly and it could've cost his team dearly because they need to fight off Sevilla for 4th place.
Atletico drew today as well meaning Valencia could have been within 2 points distance with atletico still having to play barca...

Shame really
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Zander01)
Atletico drew today as well meaning Valencia could have been within 2 points distance with atletico still having to play barca...

Shame really
Torres rescues them once again.
jam277
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Atlético have 76 points and Valencia have 72, pretty good points totals for 3rd place and 4th place in la liga, wonder if Atlético could challenge again next season?

They just need a bit more pace in wide areas and I think they'll be a much tougher outfit to face.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jam277)
Atlético have 76 points and Valencia have 72, pretty good points totals for 3rd place and 4th place in la liga, wonder if Atlético could challenge again next season?

They just need a bit more pace in wide areas and I think they'll be a much tougher outfit to face.
Don't think AM will have enough firepower to continue to match Madrid and Barcelona over the course of a season.
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
Don't think AM will have enough firepower to continue to match Madrid and Barcelona over the course of a season.
At the moment na but add a top striker, take Filipe Luis back, add a midfielder for the ageing Tiago/Gabi combo, a fast winger and provided Griezmann stays and the dynamic changes a little.
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
At the moment na but add a top striker, take Filipe Luis back, add a midfielder for the ageing Tiago/Gabi combo, a fast winger and provided Griezmann stays and the dynamic changes a little.
So basically spend £100mil+ net?
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
So basically spend £100mil+ net?
Filipe would cost about 15M, no idea on Lacazette, but assume around 25M. For the CM roles they have Koke and Saul anyway so they may not even need it. A winger on the lines of Schurrle etc would be about 20M.
economist2
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Filipe would cost about 15M, no idea on Lacazette, but assume around 25M. For the CM roles they have Koke and Saul anyway so they may not even need it. A winger on the lines of Schurrle etc would be about 20M.
Very few who can take the positions of Villa and Courtois.Also,that deadly partnership between Villa and Costa is irreplaceble.

But,If they can fill the voids,Simeone can take care of the rest and they could make a comeback again.I reckon it'll be expensive,so not really expecting anything.

They might end up selling a few more key players next season for all we know.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Losing Koke and Griezmann will be too much for them in my opinion. I think Valencia next season could potentially come third, but that's obviously yet to be determined and really depends on the summer both clubs have.
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by economist2)
Very few who can take the positions of Villa and Courtois.Also,that deadly partnership between Villa and Costa is irreplaceble.

But,If they can fill the voids,Simeone can take care of the rest and they could make a comeback again.I reckon it'll be expensive,so not really expecting anything.

They might end up selling a few more key players next season for all we know.
Think Villa already has been replaced by Griezmann, who is better anyway.

I think they may sell Griezmann if they don't get the contract situation sorted out.
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Losing Koke and Griezmann will be too much for them in my opinion. I think Valencia next season could potentially come third, but that's obviously yet to be determined and really depends on the summer both clubs have.
Don't think they'll lose Koke, but I think they'll lose Griezmann.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Don't think they'll lose Koke, but I think they'll lose Griezmann.
All the talk seems to be Koke to Chelsea. You not see it happening? Griezmann is sure to go, yeah. Valencia will be a really impressive outfit if they either a) replace Negredo with somebody altogether more clinical or, b) turn Negredo back into a fearsome striker, and keep their goalkeeper.
jam277
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
All the talk seems to be Koke to Chelsea. You not see it happening? Griezmann is sure to go, yeah. Valencia will be a really impressive outfit if they either a) replace Negredo with somebody altogether more clinical or, b) turn Negredo back into a fearsome striker, and keep their goalkeeper.
Paco Alcacer is a good striker, Negredo is a decent enough backup for them, the two working in tandem would be great I guess.

I don't see Koke to Chelsea, although it's a possibility in the case that we sell Ramires/Mikel.
Mackay
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Paco Alcacer is a good striker, Negredo is a decent enough backup for them, the two working in tandem would be great I guess.

I don't see Koke to Chelsea, although it's a possibility in the case that we sell Ramires/Mikel.
Negredo was incredibly wasteful yesterday, though. Unsure whether it was the pressure of the Bernabeu, but he could have seen Valencia comfortably out of sight. He could have had a hattrick, in truth.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (166)
18.57%
No (543)
60.74%
Not really bothered about them (185)
20.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise