Turn on thread page Beta

The Commons Bar Mk VIII - MHoC Chat Thread watch

Announcements
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Cryptographic)
    Did you see the New Zealand Barbarians game? Absolute cracker in terms of entertainment.
    Australia Barbarians you mean? Yes, that was pretty good too, Stuart Barnes more moany than usual but a good game.

It's been a pretty good afternoon sports-wise with that and Der Klassiker, and then we get to listen to the abomination that is US rugby commentary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O133)
    Australia Barbarians you mean? Yes, that was pretty good too, Stuart Barnes more moany than usual but a good game.

It's been a pretty good afternoon sports-wise with that and Der Klassiker, and then we get to listen to the abomination that is US rugby commentary.
    Yeah, there may have been a reason for that, I suspect that he had a hangover; he was at a rather lively Cornish rugby fundraising dinner/party in London until late last night/this morning. It was nice to see a bit of flair in the game, as they had nothing to lose.

Yeah, watch it on mute

ReputationRep:
    Well, isn't that convenient? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    what a joke, corrupt as it gets is Westminster.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Want to call corruption here but I cant belive that they aren't smart enough to realise that this looks worse then the scandal it's self.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Want to call corruption here but I cant belive that they aren't smart enough to realise that this looks worse then the scandal it's self.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    luckily for the politicians they have a media in the pocket of the same corporations as them so this won't be a headline on the BBC anytime soon...
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    luckily for the politicians they have a media in the pocket of the same corporations as them so this won't be a headline on the BBC anytime soon...
    Well isn't the BBC independent of the government? And again surely they know it'd do more harm then good?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Well isn't the BBC independent of the government? And again surely they know it'd do more harm then good?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    in theory yeah, though you wouldn't know it from watching BBC news. MP's think they are above the law already so I doubt they care.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    in theory yeah, though you wouldn't know it from watching BBC news. MP's think they are above the law already so I doubt they care.
    I hope you are wrong but fear you are right.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by nebelbon)
    Is the Prime Minister embarrassed that an independent MP wrote out the proposals for the Presidential system, beating his party and the other traitors to it?
    He'd been planning those proposals since before the election anyway. Saves us the trouble.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    He'd been planning those proposals since before the election anyway. Saves us the trouble.
    So it was laziness then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    So it was laziness then.
    I didn't say anything that would suggest that. It wasn't a race. The MP in question actively sought Government support and the proposals were discussed within the Government before presentation to the House. It would be ridiculous of us to lay claim to M_L's good work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    I didn't say anything that would suggest that. It wasn't a race. The MP in question actively sought Government support and the proposals were discussed within the Government before presentation to the House. It would be ridiculous of us to lay claim to M_L's good work.
    The original slapdash bill should have included it. But that was beyond a disaster so I won't go there again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    The original slapdash bill should have included it. But that was beyond a disaster so I won't go there again.
    You do realise the difference between a bill and an amendment, right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O133)
    You do realise the difference between a bill and an amendment, right?
    It should have included some useful info about how it would work after.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    It should have included some useful info about how it would work after.
    I believe we did.

ReputationRep:
    Hello to all sorry, been off the radar for ages!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tactical Nuclear Penguin)
    Hello to all sorry, been off the radar for ages!
    You've missed a lot!

ReputationRep:
    You've missed a lot!
    What have I missed? Give me a quick summary!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tactical Nuclear Penguin)
    What have I missed? Give me a quick summary!
    Your party won the most recent election and we have a Green PM! That is if you're still happy in the Greens

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.