Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Didn't see , but those wannabe gangster types (of any race) are so cringe.
    They weren't gangsters per se, more appeasers. Begged it so much that they were british and hated immigrans despite clearly being fresh off the boat themselves :rolleyes: would strongly recommend you watch it mate, should be on 4OD.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    They weren't gangsters per se, more appeasers. Begged it so much that they were british and hated immigrans despite clearly being fresh off the boat themselves :rolleyes: would strongly recommend you watch it mate, should be on 4OD.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The woman was born there, the man was using this whole show to deflect attention off the fact his wife left him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    The woman was born there, the man was using this whole show to deflect attention off the fact his wife left him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    She may well have been born there but you and I both know she's not British.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    She may well have been born there but you and I both know she's not British.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know she is for sure, and she is British.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    LP man caught your cheeky comments in the thread over at H&R.

Does the word bushmeat ring any alarms :lol:
    Lmao this is why I refrain from commenting on any of the H&R threads :giggle:

Funniest thing is the guy keeps quoting me back asking about it.. #awks.

:rofl: 'Bushmeat'. Cheeky Iso, cheeky from you there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    I know she is for sure, and she is British.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    She's not British...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    She's from Venezuela.

ReputationRep:
    She's not British...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why? Because she isn't white? It may convenient for others to take that attitude because they don't want to integrate or feel British in the first place.

I know the lady, she's British and she was born here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Why? Because she isn't white? It may convenient for others to take that attitude because they don't want to integrate or feel British in the first place.

I know the lady, she's British and she was born here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because she's Indian. Just because your born somewhere doesn't mean that you are from that origin. The idea she is British is ludicrous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Because she's Indian. Just because your born somewhere doesn't mean that you are from that origin. The idea she is British is ludicrous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So you really believe only white people can be British?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    So you really believe only white people can be British?
    I believe that only British people can be British. I don't consider an Englishman born in Ghana Ghanaian, and neither does he, and neither do the populous there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I believe that only British people can be British. I don't consider an Englishman born in Ghana Ghanaian, and neither does he, and neither do the populous there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How many generations do people need to be in a foreign country for them to be considered 'one of them'?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    How many generations do people need to be in a foreign country for them to be considered 'one of them'?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's hard to say, I guess it depends on the people to an extent. I think it's fair to say certainly not first generation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's hard to say, I guess it depends on the people to an extent. I think it's fair to say certainly not first generation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    All a bit random and plucked out of thin air for my liking. I'll leave it as she's British. She's even married to a white Englishman, don't know how much more British she can be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    All a bit random and plucked out of thin air for my liking. I'll leave it as she's British. She's even married to a white Englishman, don't know how much more British she can be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ... So marrying an Englishman makes your British? I think I want to be Nigerian, guess I'll marry a Nigerian lady then :laugh: I don't think anyone would argue she is British and I'm quite confused that you do to be honest.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2976847

Made a thread about it by the way, everyone please vote and express opinions.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ... So marrying an Englishman makes your British? I think I want to be Nigerian, guess I'll marry a Nigerian lady then :laugh: I don't think anyone would argue she is British and I'm quite confused that you do to be honest.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2976847

Made a thread about it by the way, everyone please vote and express opinions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I see no consistency in what you say, and I don't believe that you have to be white to be British, that's done old school thinking I thought people generally didn't accept.

What about all the non white Olympians or non white soldiers in our army, are they not British?

I think you're putting it on in regards to your community. I know a lot of Pakistanis proudly say they aren't British but this really doesn't apply to other Asians, or at least not Indians.

I didn't say marrying a white guy makes her British but I don't see what else she can do lol. She hardly considers herself Indian but she considers herself British, and that's what matters. We can't define ourselves on the whims of racist nationalists.

And finally, are you British?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    I see no consistency in what you say, and I don't believe that you have to be white to be British, that's done old school thinking I thought people generally didn't accept.

What about all the non white Olympians or non white soldiers in our army, are they not British?

I think you're putting it on in regards to your community. I know a lot of Pakistanis proudly say they aren't British but this really doesn't apply to other Asians, or at least not Indians.

I didn't say marrying a white guy makes her British but I don't see what else she can do lol. She hardly considers herself Indian but she considers herself British, and that's what matters. We can't define ourselves on the whims of racist nationalists.

And finally, are you British?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's not necessarily old school thinking. While I agree with some of what you are saying, I don't think she had the right to brand others immigrants or complain about an influx when she is herself of that background. Non white Olympians are not British no, how the **** can Mo Farah been considered a British athlete when he was born in Africa ffs. End of the day every ethnic person knows they're not British, and they're either in denial or deluded. I think you know that deep down too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's not necessarily old school thinking. While I agree with some of what you are saying, I don't think she had the right to brand others immigrants or complain about an influx when she is herself of that background. Non white Olympians are not British no, how the **** can Mo Farah been considered a British athlete when he was born in Africa ffs. End of the day every ethnic person knows they're not British, and they're either in denial or deluded. I think you know that deep down too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Now I'm convinced you're projecting, because this is trademark Pakistani lol. Just because you don't want to feel British, doesn't mean others can't. That's all, I don't know why this is so complex for you lol. Britain is a country well known for having immigration for centuries.

She has every right, that's a stupid reason. It's about logistics and not some silly ideals. If the infrastructure isn't there for useless spongers like that Somali woman, what is going to happen? They're going to be an unnecessary burden this country can't deal with. You shouldn't reduce it to skin colour, how can anyone ever have a debate if you think only white people are allowed to have it? So anyone who isn't white should just sit in the corner and be quiet?

Once again, don't project your community onto others. There are non white MP's and Lords, are they British?

You sound like the guy 'Africa for Africans, Asia for Asians, Europe for Europeans!' l

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ^ lol at the post above. What do you guys think, do you constitute Indians/Pakistani's/ethnics as British simply because they live here? I don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ggmu!)
    Now I'm convinced you're projecting, because this is trademark Pakistani lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So I'm projecting, but yet you proceed to do the exact same thing a matter of words later....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.