Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straight up G)
    No, I just read the last few pages of my favourite thread. Is that a crime?

I'm not a troll! Horrible, unfounded accusation that. Arsenal fans are clever and reasonable beyond all others.
    You seriously need to return to the school to learn how to troll. You're just really bad at it

Before you say oh but I'm not trolling,........

(Original post by Straight up G)
    aw kid, my posts on the Arsenal thread are actually trolling, whereas sevchenko and his buddies here are being serious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    You seriously need to return to the school to learn how to troll. You're just really bad at it

Before you say oh but I'm not trolling,........
    You have exposed me! Now everybody will know I'm a troll! I will never be taken seriously on TSR ever again! Curse you 419! You should be a moderator, with this type of intellect!

ReputationRep:
    419 and Zurich are the most "aggressive" posters on this thread. You guys clutch straws too much. If this is what you're like 8 years without a trophy I can't imagine what your posts will be like when those numbers get to double digits..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    By not sure, you mean that juve wouldn't have afforded him. They couldn't afford jovetic and higuain, so got tevez on the cheap and they got llorente for free. They were in for higuain the previous season too but didn't wanna pay up the cash, I highly doubt they'd have paid 35-40m for suarez either.
    Yeah, I don't follow Italian football as its turned to ****, but I was pretty sure that Juventus (and most other Italian clubs) aren't exactly flush with cash.

(Original post by noone29)
    Daily Star have revealed that a firm offer was made and Suarez turned down the move. Obviously it isn't that water tight but there may be other sources.
    The daily star are about as watertight as @REALFOOTBALLAGENT445 or whatever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    x
    Good sir, this distinguished thread of ours has deteriorated into an appalling series of ad hom attacks on me and a few other noblemen around here, please lend your support in vanquishing the troll armada that has descended upon us!

ReputationRep:
    Why has this thread turned into talking about trolls? Can't we just talk about Arsenal

ReputationRep:
    Why has this thread turned into talking about trolls? Can't we just talk about Arsenal
    Exactly. I thought there was some big development at Arsenal when I saw that there had been 3 pages since I had last been on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    Exactly. I thought there was some big development at Arsenal when I saw that there had been 3 pages since I had last been on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Eugh, hope it stops

ReputationRep:
    Last time I checked the thread, there was a decent discussion about managerial ability going on.
    What has happened? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Just a joke I've seen and thought id post it dont take offense plz it's a joke

Brendan Rogers is curious how Arsène Wenger’s team went on such a magnificent unbeaten run, so he decides on a visit to Arsenal’s training ground to see how Wenger trains his players.
    After one day he is not really impressed by the training practices, so he asks Wenger how he gets his players so sharp. “Well, it is simple. I sometimes ask my players a difficult question, and that way they stay really sharp mentally”. Of course Rogers wants an example, so Wenger asks Walcott to come over. He asks: “Walcott, he is not your brother, but still he is your father’s son. Who is he?” “That is not difficult,” Walcott answers immediately, “Of course that is me.” “You see? That’s the way you keep them sharp,” Wenger says to Rogers.
    Rogers, who wants to be the next “Invincibles”, decides to bring this into his training the next day. He calls Steven Gerrard over. “Steve, I have a question for you,” he says, “He is not your brother, but still he is your father’s son, who is he?” “My God,Rogers,” is Gerrard's reply, “That is a tough one to answer, can I sleep on that for one night?” Rogers agrees with the one-night postponement.
    So that night Gerrard decides to call Kenny Dalglish. He has been at Liverpool, so maybe he knows something about these questions. “ Dalglish, maybe you know the answer to this question: he is not your brother, but still he is your father’s son. Who is he?” “That is easy, that is me!” says Dalglish
    So the next day Gerrard walks full of confidence to Rogers. Rogers asks: “Gerrard, do you know the answer to my question now?” “Yes it was actually very easy,” he says, “Is it Kenny Dalglish?”
    Rogers answers, “No of course not you stupid [email protected]**d. It’s Theo Walcott.”

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polojoe)
    Wenger has the personality of a damp cloth, you really think he's going to "motivate" 'Vayne Wooney'?
    Why should he have to motivate him? Great players motivate themselves.

ReputationRep:
    this.

The only thing worse than the number of retarded arsenal fans is the number of retarded non-arsenal fans going on and on about how many retarded arsenal fans there are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    this.

The only thing worse than the number of retarded arsenal fans is the number of retarded non-arsenal fans going on and on about how many retarded arsenal fans there are.
    :rofl3: well said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Yeah, I don't follow Italian football as its turned to ****, but I was pretty sure that Juventus (and most other Italian clubs) aren't exactly flush with cash.

The daily star are about as watertight as @REALFOOTBALLAGENT445 or whatever.
    Daily star are actually quite good for arsenal because Peter hill wood is mates with the editor or someone there and they have had loads of exclusives off him last few years, he has retired now but still probably fairly reliable as these things go

Edit: just read back and realised it was being used re: liverpool and juve not arsenal so forget that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    this.

Tbf davesmith and CB91 actually have a point, the way that their respective threads gets attacked by the same person and then a victim card gets played when the same happens to them. The other guy trolling(2/10 for effort tbh) well you can just leave him on ignore went too overboard and it got boring

But tbh this arsenal bashing week has got boring, even for me. Anyway, any changes in your style of play so far from pre-season? Really think that your team is set up to be counter attacking despite the way you play in midfield. Think wilshere's energy/creativity, ramsey's creativity and box to box ability and your wingers being rather direct makes a counter attacking style better suited to the team. I guess the only problem would be girouds lack of pace and vs 3DM's norwich but bar that I could see a counter attacking side for games. E.g. against liverpool early on in the season you looked very good on the counter, would like to see you do that more. I guess if rosicky is fit with cazorla you can play a possession game as they can unlock the opponents with link up play and passing but the rest of the team don't fit I fee bar arteta.

ReputationRep:
    Gustavo looking likely. Fee set to be between £14-18m. Really good signing. Not only for one position but he started his career as a left-back and has also played at CB in Germany. Gives us some much needed steel in midfield and could lead to more creativity. If he's in the team, he could be used as a third CB which frees another midfielder to go forward.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm Heterosexual.

I really hope we sign Luiz Gustavo. He is essential if we are to make an impact this season. Reminds me of Gilberto.

On top of that, Suarez or Jackson Martinez and I'm chuffed...a defender or left winger would be an extra bonus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Gustavo looking likely. Fee set to be between £14-18m. Really good signing. Not only for one position but he started his career as a left-back and has also played at CB in Germany. Gives us some much needed steel in midfield and could lead to more creativity. If he's in the team, he could be used as a third CB which frees another midfielder to go forward.
    I so hope it's true. I don't think he'll need much time to adjust to the PL. He could be a beast for us. Finally a player who's gonna win that ball back for us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    I so hope it's true. I don't think he'll need much time to adjust to the PL. He could be a beast for us. Finally a player who's gonna win that ball back for us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hopeful, we've been let down before (most notably with Mata when deals were agreed but Chelsea snatched it).

Would be an excellent signing for us. A guy hungry to get into a talented Brazil midfield as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Agree hes been dreadful but maybe he might have a resurgence under Wenger?
    I don't think this is the summer to be gambling on players to be good or not. Unfortunate fact of the matter is we need proven top level players that can consistently play to a high level. Gustavo and Suarez fit that bill perfectly!

Quite funny too all these Tottenham fans creaming themselves at signing Paulinho when we're on the verge of topping that big time with Gustavo. What a player he is indeed! Thouroughly underrated by Bayern, though I suppose they have too many midfielders!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.