Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whoskal)
    This is a bit off-topic, but does anyone know if Oxford gives out offers different than the typical offers on their website, or do they give out higher offers?
    A typical offer is what most people will get, but they might give higher or lower offers based on the applicant. I think Oxford rarely makes offers higher than the typical offer unless they think that you might struggle a bit to keep up so they want you to have a better foundation and thus need higher A-level grades

Not entirely related, but Cambridge has given offers of A1, A1, A2 to people from my school (basically A*A*A) who did 3 Advanced Highers, but people who did 4 Advanced Highers received offers of A1, A1, A1, A2 (A*A*A*A) on all 4 subjects instead of just the 3 in the typical offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N0.1D34)
    I got an email from Christ Church around half 3 today
    ...Got invited for interview for straight maths!
    Needless to say I was pretty gassed!
    However, putting that to the side, I believe invites have started and hopefully you shall hear soon
    Congratss!!! Hopefully i get something soon... the suspense is too much!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spinoza97)
    has anyone heard from PPE at Jesus? or any other course?
    Yes. Got an interview for Chemistry. ☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrpunchline)
    I'm sure you'll hear from them (or another college if you're re-allocated) tomorrow! They are probably just a bit busy and won't be able to follow the time table exactly
    Yeah that's true. What are you applying for and which college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chsdg)
    nice!!!! my best friends have applies to manchester and exeter as well and they said it was rlly nice plus, a lot cheaper than say london or wherever so going out will be fun

im from cambridge actually so i wanted to apply somewhere quite different (so it makes zero sense for me to have applied to oxford lol) - but yeah the courses look really good like especially at goldsmiths i applied for english and american literature and i would probably be just as happy to go there as to go to oxford tbh - have you had any offers yet?
    Oh that's so nice! That's good, yeah I really like Bristol and Manchester I feel like I would be just as happy there, I'm not sure if Oxford is even really my scene because I quite like big city unis. Yeah I had offers from the other four so if I don't get into Oxford it's okay have you had any offers yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diggit)
    Yes. Got an interview for Chemistry. ☺️
    Same, how cool!

ReputationRep:
    Somehow, people are getting emails at 10 pm in the evening ....

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else with an interview for materials science/an interview for St Anne's ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeabeki)
    I got my interview for Chemistry! I'm chuffed 😁
    Yaay, congrats !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JosieH98)
    Same, how cool!
    Awesome, some more fellow chemists ! Congrats on your interviews :banana:!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by parky98)
    Yeah that's true. What are you applying for and which college?
    PPE Was reallocated from Queen's to St Hugh's

ReputationRep:
    It's so painful to see how many people are getting interviews for chemistry while I know I have to wait until next Friday for Merton

ReputationRep:
    To all interview holders, I found a really useful video here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tenstemsandroses)
    I got an interview for PPL at Christ Church!!! Eep I didn't think they would send them out this early but maybe because I'm an international (from the US) they hurried it up a bit more for me?

Anyways, this means that PPL and EP invites should be on their way soon! Good luck to everyone else, I'm actually shaking
    Congrats!! I'm an EP applicant. Would you mind if I asked you how your TSA went? Thank you. x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Someone in TSR)
    Invited for PPE by Keble. So happy- and I really thought that the TSA went horrible.
    I've applied to PPE at Keble too. When did you get your interview offer? Was it by email or letter?

ReputationRep:
    So, now that Merton have come alive...does anyone know when history invitations are likely to be sent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrpunchline)
    PPE Was reallocated from Queen's to St Hugh's
    Ah that sounds cool 😊 when did they email you??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cathyobrien98)
    Oh that's so nice! That's good, yeah I really like Bristol and Manchester I feel like I would be just as happy there, I'm not sure if Oxford is even really my scene because I quite like big city unis. Yeah I had offers from the other four so if I don't get into Oxford it's okay have you had any offers yet?
    bristol and manchester would be really good for like, gigs and stuff as well!

same ... i feel like i may have gotten my fill of the whole oxbridge scene by now but who knows until you try it!!!! oh congratulations!!!!! i've had offers from kcl and goldsmiths so far which i'm really pleased at bc they both look so good

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard back from Wadham?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chsdg)
    bristol and manchester would be really good for like, gigs and stuff as well!

same ... i feel like i may have gotten my fill of the whole oxbridge scene by now but who knows until you try it!!!! oh congratulations!!!!! i've had offers from kcl and goldsmiths so far which i'm really pleased at bc they both look so good
    I'm quite jealous of you though because like the London night scene is just awesome and there is literally always something good to do, if I hadn't spent the last 17 years in London I would totally love uni here! Have you done loads of prep and stuff for this because I actually feel like I don't know anything even if I do get an interview!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.