Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KD35)
    Guys, get behind Welbeck. He wasn't our first choice but at 24, he really does have the potential to be a great forward if given the chance. He's better than Giroud and I'd rather have him than pay an outrageous fee for Falcao.
    He has the potential to be less of a donkey, that's for sure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Birdman1234567)
    inb4 Wenger plays Welbeck on the wing
    Would just stop watching football if that happened

ReputationRep:
    Feel bad for Campbell, I'm sure he could do close to what Welbeck offers

ReputationRep:
    Few questions.........

Would you guys rather buy Welbeck or nobody at all?

If you do get Welbeck does that mean you guys won't be buying another striker for at least a couple more years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    Few questions.........

If you do get Welbeck does that mean you guys won't be buying another striker for at least a couple more years?
    Nobody is the right answer here.

ReputationRep:
    Welbeck is judged by most from his performance on the wing, match going United fans appreciate him a lot more, he can become a great player with regular football, which he will not get at United after Falcao and Wilson now being preferred ahead of him.

ReputationRep:
    Have to say, United have totally merked us in recent seasons in regards to transfers. Getting RVP from us, selling us Welbeck to fund a Falcao loan. It's just admittedly great work from them. We're incompetent in that regard. Wenger what the ****? We've got to get a defensive player now ffs. Just got to. Otherwise, we're not going to get 4th. Man Utd can turn things around with the players they've brought in, they've bought top top players. Why can't we do that ffs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    more then bare.. its dangerous

A couple of injuries and the season is in dire circumstances..

This was wengers priority a few weeks back, it was the one signign he confirmed he was in for, and said publicaly he would try and get...

Whats happened??
    Yeah it is very similar to the United situation, with Jones, Evans, Smalling, Shaw, Rafael, Rojo as the six defenders with Blackett( decent so far), Keane(awful) and James(not good enough) as reserves.
    In both situations, one center back/full back gets a long term injury and you will end up in a dire situation where you will force to play certain players in the same position every week and hope for no more injuries. The only good thing is that they both have one play who is versatile in the form of Rojo or Chambers who can slot in as a center back or full back. Not good at all tbh

ReputationRep:
    Few questions.........

Nobody. Because for £16m I just feel like we've been trolled by United.

ReputationRep:
    Let's be real here with or without Welbeck we'll still get 4th. That's OUR trophy

ReputationRep:
    Nastasic?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Nobody. Because for £16m I just feel like we've been trolled by United.
    As a United fan I'm more unhappy with the fact that we're selling to a rival rather than how much we're getting for him. Not the best striker but still strengthens you as your next best out and out striker after Giroud was Sanogo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Let's be real here with or without Welbeck we'll still get 4th. That's OUR trophy
    This.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    supposedly falcao's deal has fallen through- he tore his ACL:O

ReputationRep:
    As a United fan I'm more unhappy with the fact that we're selling to a rival rather than how much we're getting for him. Not the best striker but still strengthens you as your next best out and out striker after Giroud was Sanogo.
    Sanogo should be nowhere near an Arsenal shirt. Genuinely on a par with Jeffers. No idea what Arsene has against Podolski and Campbell. Oh, yeah, I remember, they don't have French passports.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Nastasic?!
    Would love him to come but he won't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Not ours, Arsene's. But still, I'm Welvex

Spoiler:
    Show

• Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Wow lol can't believe we're not getting a DM.

ReputationRep:
    im surprised there hasnt been more **** her right in the pussy shouts this evening

ReputationRep:
    welbeck = bad

welbeck + nastasic = passable

webleck + nastasic + DCM = great.

Second one will not happen.. third one will only happen after I fall asleep tonight and start dreaming.. and I am not even confident that the first one will happen.

(in terms of our squad as a whole, not saying welbeck is bad.. I like the lad)

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.