Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2-methylbutane)
    Not to worry

You can talk to him if you really really want to. Just ask one of the lads here and theyll give you the whatsapp :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i like ur username bro quant :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Been awake too long

ReputationRep:
    look after urselves yo

comb dat hair, do dem press ups and dont eat like homer simpson

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2-methylbutane)
    I am getting in touch with my chemistry side cos i have exams in june :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    OCR A?

ReputationRep:
    A sister's husband died today after a sudden heart attack that occured... I think two weeks ago. He's left five kids behind. And some of you might ne familiar with this sister as she writes and publishes books. Remember her in your duas, and we ask Allah swt to forgive her husband's soul; grant him ease during the questioning of the grave, and a protection from the fire of hell. Ameen.

This is also a reminded to us all that death can snatch you at any time. Are we prepared to meet our creator, however?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beautifulxxx)
    A sister's husband died today after a sudden heart attack that occured... I think two weeks ago. He's left five kids behind. And some of you might ne familiar with this sister as she writes and publishes books. Remember her in your duas, and we ask Allah swt to forgive her husband's soul; grant him ease during the questioning of the grave, and a protection from the fire of hell. Ameen.

This is also a reminded to us all that death can snatch you at any time. Are we prepared to meet our creator, however?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ina lilahi wa ina ilayhi raji'oon

May Allah grant him the highest rank of Jannnah! Grant him peace and give him blessings..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HSafirah)
    You're such an entertaining person :lol:
    Oh you... Stop it

Youre making me blush

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    OCR A?
    Yep :yes:

I will be doing f322 and f324 as a private candidate

This time i will get revenge hopefully :mwuaha:

And i am being inventive and creative with my revision :yes:

And if you need any chemistry help, just hit me up and i will try my best to make things clear for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To him we belong and to him is our return

I am defo not ready to meet my creator unfortunately :sigh:

I have a lot of room for improvement and i need to do so much tawbah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMBCFC)
    Yeah thanks my iman has become stronger here. But just wondering when u perform istikhara, how do you know sometimes I feel what's right straight after the prayer. Others a bit later on. Or does it depend on the circumstances.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was looking through my old blogs and came across this one, you might like it.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    There are many lessons to be gained from the amazing story of how Musa (as) was led to and had a conversation with Allah (swt). I’m just going to share a part of the story here.

Musa (as) was initially freaked out but by now he’s realised he is in a conversation with Allah (swt). To make him feel calm Allah (swt) asks Musa (as) about something he is very familiar with

And what is that in your right hand, O Moses?” (Q 20:17)
    Musa (as) replies

He said, “It is my staff; I lean upon it, and I bring down leaves for my sheep and I have therein other uses.” (Q 20:17)
    After answering the question (it is his staff) he goes on to say what it’s for and its benefits but then stops himself as he realises he’s saying more than Allah (swt) asked. He doesn’t want this special (understatement) conversation with the Lord to end so that’s why he’s adding irrelevant details to his answer but then he doesn’t want to ruin the conversation either so he stops himself. Pretty cute

[ Allah ] said, “Throw it down, O Moses.” (Q 20:18)
    Musa (as) has just explained how useful and great his staff is yet Allah is telling him to throw it on the ground. In terms of what the staff means to Musa (as), Sh. Abdul Nasir Jangda likens the staff to our smart phones – a very important possession used both for personal and work purposes. You handle such possessions with the utmost care. Asking Musa (as) to drop the staff was akin to asking us to willingly drop our phones despite the likelihood of it smashing.

So he threw it down, and thereupon it was a snake, moving swiftly. (Q 20:19)
    Musa (as) obeyed.

Then Musa (as) saw the staff that belonged to him, something he was comfortable with, something he thought he knew, something he thought was of great benefit to him turn into a snake. A very frightening and dangerous snake.

[ Allah ] said, “Seize it and fear not; We will return it to its former condition. (Q 20:20)
    I.e. pick it up and it will turn back into the staff. Others Surahs have mentioned the fear that Musa (as) felt when he saw it though it’s not really mentioned here. But you can just imagine how frightening it would be to first have this very personal object be transformed into something harmful and to be told everything will be fine.

Of course, Musa (as) trusted Allah and did pick it up and it did turn back into a staff.

This was Allah (swt) showing just one of His signs to Musa (as).

The explanations are based on the tafseer of Surah Taha by Sh. Abdul Nasir Jangda. He said we should recognise that like Musa (as) had his staff which he thought he knew well, we have the Quran. We think we know the Quran is our guidance and how beneficial it is but in reality we don’t know it. We don’t know it well enough to have internalised it and we need to make use of it to fully recognise it.

Besides that, I was thinking about the story, from Musa’s (as) description of his staff to Allah’s command for it to become a snake, to Musa (as) being scared to then trusting when Allah (saw) said he will be fine when it is picked up.

It made me think that we can be in a certain place in our life and we think we know our situations very well. We think we know what’s good and what’s bad about our situation and our life. Then something happens- there’s a twist to the story, some turmoil and we’re left thinking, questioning. We think it shouldn’t have happened. We think it was bad, wrong, an injustice. We’re left confused, sad, hurt or angry.

We don’t realise the command of Allah has changed our situation. Just like the command changed the staff into the snake.

And therefore the situation has changed. It is no longer the same situation that we were dealing with. We no longer know it. So we cannot be sure of what is right or wrong, good or bad.

Instead of being stuck in the thought of “I was better off before” we have to look at this new situation, understand it, re-evaluate our thoughts and act accordingly. We have to ask ourselves what does Allah (swt) want us to do in *this* situation and what guidance does the Quran and sunnah have for *this* situation, because continuing to act as if we’re still in the old situation is pointless and of no benefit. That situation no longer exists and this situation is the one Allah says is best for you. It may be a sign, like the snake, reminding you of Allah; your Lord, Creator, Provider, The Exceedingly Merciful, All-knowing, All-seeing, All-Hearing, All-Loving, All-wise, The Just, The Guider to the Right Path, The Grateful (…), or it may be a test.

It is natural to feel those negative emotions when we’re thrown out of our comfort zone or when our lives completely change but we do not need to continue having those feelings, nor do we necessarily need to remain in those situations.

Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves. (Q 13:11)
    So, like Musa (as) picked up his staff, we can pick up our Qur’an. We can choose to not be afraid of the snakes in our lives and change our situations. If we trust in Allah; The guide, The Light, the Forgiving, The One Who Rewards Bounteously, The Giver of life, The Giver of Death.

*I was paraphrasing Sh. ANJ. Here’s the actual tafseer of the quoted ayaat from Surah Taha youtu.be/jqMAnLyOzq8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    Life is just bearable?! I hope you're exaggerating! :/
    Aww, really hope it goes well for you inshaaAllah...take care of yourself girl and don't stress :hugs:
    Lol, I was trying to just sugar-coat it. But it's alhamdililah okay, I am getting through each day with a smile

Take care as well sis.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ameen.
    Innaa lillahi wa innaa ilayhi raaji'oon (Verily, to Allah we belong and to Him do we return)

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Inna lilaahi wa inna ilayhi raaji'oon.
    May Allah grant him Jannah and make it easy for his wife and kids.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ina lilahi wa ina ilayhi rajioon, ameen to all the adiya

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.H.K)
    What is the criteria or general values that are attributed towards someone who is a 'real' friend and someone who's company you should keep? Furthermore, what are the type of values and criteria that you should look for when choosing who to avoid letting get close to you?
    One who keeps you on the righteous path is a friend; one who makes you deviate from the righteous path should be avoided at all costs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2-ethylbut-1-ene)
    One who keeps you on the righteous path is a friend; one who makes you deviate from the righteous path should be avoided at all costs

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you for taking the time out to answer. How would you go about distancing yourself from those who deviate you from the righteous path and in the long term stop you becoming a better person?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ina lilahi wa ina ilayhi raji'oon

May Allah grant him Junnah and give sabr to the wife and the kids.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.